It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake pattern seems to emerged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have monitored globle earthquakes for several years, and I am no expert.
But I have noticed for the last 3 or 4 months there have been 2 , 6.9 or greater earthquakes in the first and second week of each month.A 7.5 happened today,NICOBAR ISLANDS, INDIA REGION.

1/3/10 -solomon Islands-7.1
1/12/10 Haiti- 7.0
3/11/10 Chile-6.9
4/4/10-Baja Cali.-7.2
4/13/10-China-6.9
5/9/10-Sumatra-7.2
6/12/10 Nicobar Islands-7.5

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

I remember reading in a thread here (cannot recall the thread) that stated there are only a certain number of earthquakes over 7.0 (not sure if that is the right number or not) every year.

Anyone else remember what those numbers where or the thread that mentioned it? I think we are getting close to passing the amount (it was a surprisingly low number).

Raist

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I also watch the quakes and believe that if someone in the know looked at global earth quakes there would be a correlation between the earth rotation and the quakes. I look at LINK all the time and noticed that the earth quakes appear on the west coast of the USA, then Greece and Turkey and then the far east and pacific.

now it is not just one earthquake here then another in the next zone and back again; it is 2 or three a day in first zone then 2-3 in next etc and it is an on going pattern.

I am betting that there is a gravitational effect that is causing this pattern. Now to keep the thread from being turned into Nut Central, lets say that this anomaly is the suns changing activity and gravity, possibly because of an external force affecting the Sun.

Wait for it.......Planet X, Niribu etc I can hear the keys boards clicking as I type

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Here's some info....

Earthquake facts and statistics.

The USGS estimates that several million earthquakes occur in the world each year. Many go undetected because they hit remote areas or have very small magnitudes. The NEIC now locates about 50 earthquakes each day, or about 20,000 a year.

It estimates 15 a year 7.0 - 7.9 and 1 a year 8.0 or larger.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Those are the numbers I was looking for.

I knew someone knew exactly where to find them.

Good job.

Raist

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
i looked at those numbers last week, myself, at that same page.

there seemed to be a chance that we will exceed the average in certain ranges of EQ levels but not in others.

remember we are only 6 months into the year.

there were 16 quakes between 7 and 7.9 last year.
if we double our current count which is 7, that's only 14.

has anyone plotted the EQ pattern on a map, by coordinates?

top topics

join