It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive cleanup effort underway after oil leak in Red Butte Canyon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Massive cleanup effort underway after oil leak in Red Butte Canyon

www.ksl.com

SALT LAKE CITY -- A massive effort is underway to clean up the damage left behind when a Chevron pipeline leaked close to 500 barrels of oil into Salt Lake City waterways Saturday.

Leak detected

Crews have capped the site of a leak, which was spilling oil into Red Butte Creek. Chevron officials have confirmed the pipeline has been shut off, but warn residual oil may be leaking at the fracture point.

Though the site of the leak has been contained, officials estimate between 400 and 500 barrels of oil have already been released.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yet another oil related disaster. When will it end? How could all of these oil disasters possibly be happening together unless it is someone behind it?

There are two rigs spilling oil in the Gulf of Mexico. Then there have been other incidents as well, all happening within just a couple of months. I have lost count of them all.

www.ksl.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
Yet another oil related disaster. When will it end? How could all of these oil disasters possibly be happening together unless it is someone behind it?

There are two rigs spilling oil in the Gulf of Mexico. Then there have been other incidents as well, all happening within just a couple of months. I have lost count of them all.

It might be because the public's paying more attention to it because of the disaster in the gulf. I'm not sure if it's considered "normal" to have spills like this 3 - 4 times a year but it could be.

It's strange that now this seems teeny tiny, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Wow I am beginning to believe some of these claims that depopulation is going on right now.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

WTF! The oceans are being destroyed, now they're going after the lakes??
There's got to be a bigger agenda we're missing here.

Edit to add:

The Salt Lake Valley Health Department says the oil has reached the Jordan River down to 1300 South and appears to be continuing into the Great Salt Lake.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by 5 oClock]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It's not that there are more oil spills, it's just that oil spills are hot topics and minor to moderate ones are being brought to light. How many of you know of the oil spill which occurred in Nigeria? Not too many I'm assuming. The fact boils down to these ****heads and our government (as well as others) are entwined to salute oil and only oil. There will be no thought made to a change in alternative energy infrastructure as long as these corrupt individuals hold power.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulofBlack
It's not that there are more oil spills, it's just that oil spills are hot topics and minor to moderate ones are being brought to light. How many of you know of the oil spill which occurred in Nigeria? Not too many I'm assuming. The fact boils down to these ****heads and our government (as well as others) are entwined to salute oil and only oil. There will be no thought made to a change in alternative energy infrastructure as long as these corrupt individuals hold power.

Could be, something to look into. Nope didn't hear about Nigeria.
response.restoration.noaa.gov...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think in light of the ongoing crisis in the Gulf, any type of accident is sure to make the news.

I'm new to the subject, but it seems like accidents involving pipelines, water vessels, or the facilities involved happen everyday.

Here's some information regarding oil accidents. Theres information on water spills and land spills.

Characteristics of Reported Inland and Coastal Oil Spills

Statistics on pipelines

The International Tanker Owners Pollution Federation Limited

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
500 Bbls is not "massive", especially where this leak is. Pipelines fail. Most oil lines were layed a long time ago. There have been worse in recent times and none of them made the news...

top topics

join