It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet alignment raises tsunami fears

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Found this on another site found this interesting.

Reports that the alignment of the planets might cause a tsunami in Andaman coastal provinces have led to emergency evacuation drills being conducted on an island in Surat Thani.
The drill yesterday on Rad Island in Don Sak district, located 1km from the mainland, was organised by the National Disaster Warning Centre (NDWC), the Information and Communication Technology Ministry and local authorities.
Residents received training in communications and rescue and relief efforts in the event of a tsunami.

This is the bit i find interesting.

Mr Smith recently said during a TV interview that a solar eclipse was due to occur on June 12 as a result of the alignment of the Earth, the moon and the sun.

He said the alignment would release considerable cumulative energy, which could affect the Earth. Mr Smith, quoting Mr Kongpop, said the phenomenon would have a direct impact on the Earth in the forms of climate disruption, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

LINKwww.bangkokpost.com...

And then we have this
12-JUN-2010 19:26:50 7.70 91.97 7.7 35.0 NICOBAR ISLANDS, INDIA
Is this just a coincidence or could this be linked what do you think

Edit to add link to earthquake.
LINKwww.iris.edu...

Keith

[edit on 12-6-2010 by justKEITH]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yea, I've been reading some astrology reports and June is going to be a doozy for energies and planet alignments. Hang on.

Astrologically the next couple of years are going to be explosive and the planetary alignments are going to intensify, especially within the next three months. Our world needs an explosion of conscious, heart centred awareness, which will be brought about by the upcoming planetary alignments. These explosive and intense energies created by the alignment of planets can be alleviated only if we are willing to utilise the energy to heal and transform ourselves.

June certainly appears to be an action packed month astrologically. With the configuration of planetary bodies within the Grand Cross conflicting energies will be brought into our awareness motivating us to change and grow. An intense time of dramatic change worldwide will be created bringing tough choices, endings and new beginnings. You will be helped to strip away what is dead and to heal and align with your life purpose. Embrace it, allow it, and continue to open your heart.

2010 Kate Ann Spreckley

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Magnitude 7.5 in Nicobar islands, happened not too long ago as the news is only an hour old!

BBC News

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Planet Alignment around my birthday, July 29th, and Nasa was born on July 29th, And My First name is Keith. The odds of that?

switch 2 numbers around in Nasa's brirthdate to get mine.

Something is going down

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
One more thing Kongpop U-yen work's at NASA so this makes it more interesting what say you.

Interesting times we live in so much going on pic your doom

But we do not know if there is a link between the alignment or not but worth keeping an eye on just in case.

Keith

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Solar eclipses have no different effect than the tidal effects which occur every full or new Moon. What does cause extreme tides is the distance that the Moon is from the Earth at the full or new Moon. During a perigeal Moon, the Moon is at its closest point to the Earth and the tides are greatest. But this is not a perigeal new Moon. Perigee will be on the 15th when the Moon will no longer be new and tidal forces will be diminshing. It will also not be a very close perigee. The Moon will be 365,936 km from Earth. At its closest this year, the Moon was 356,592 km from Earth (January 30).

While there is some evidence that tidal influences can affect certain types of faults and may cause tremors, there is no evidence that they can trigger strong earthquakes. And again, there is nothing special about the tidal effects which occur during an eclipse.

There is a Kongpop U-yen at the Goddard Space Flight center but his field is not exactly involved with the effects of planetary alignments. He is an electrical engineer.

Kongpop U-yen is currently working as a full-time senior design engineer at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in the Microwave Instrument Technology Branch. He received his Bachelor of Engineering from Chulalongkorn University in 1999. After his graduation, he designed switching power supplies, motor drivers and battery chargers for L-3 Communications, USA. In 2000, he attended Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia through graduate fellowship program where he studied Master of Science in Electrical Engineering. In 2001, he worked as a graduate Co-Op at Texas Instrument, Dallas, Texas where he designed wireless transceiver IC. In 2003, he joined NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Maryland, as a graduate intern and Co-op and began working on superconducting microwave filters. His current interest includes planar mm-wave circuits, antenna, waveguide and superconducting circuits.

www.ee.eng.chula.ac.th...

[edit on 6/12/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i thought the eclipse was the 26th of this month, not the 12th?

eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well Phage thanks for the reply i did say could it just be a coincidence i am just pasing on something i found intresting and you just never know yes even you Phage.

Even if there is nothing to this it was worth looking at that is my opinion thanks for the info on Kongpop U-yen

Keith

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Yeah. That too!
But that's a lunar eclipse.

[edit on 6/12/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If an alignment of all those planets (or even more) is not strong enough to change the tides, how can they create tsunamis?

If the gravity change is strong enough we should have earthquakes every month, at the new Moon, because the difference between the Moon position on a normal new Moon and the position on a solar eclipse is very little.

Edit: for some reason I was not seeing the last posts, so I didn't see that this was already posted, and in a much better way.

[edit on 12/6/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by justKEITH

Are you saying that this prediction and story...June 12, 2010 at 12am local time...was published before the earthquake 7.5 off India...June 13, 2010 at 1 something local time...?

Also, did you know there was going to be a solar eclipse? First I'm hearing of it. The news is full of some elusive green comet encouraging everyone in the northern hemisphere to rise at 3:30am to view with strong binoculars.

What's going on? Tell me more.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

No im not saying anything i am just putting i link to something i found on another site that looked interesting as for the earthquake i said is it just a coincidence.

Keith

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Not much of an elignement really
www.fourmilab.ch...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by justKEITH

To answer your question: no it is not coincidence when someone predicts an earthquake with the following parameters -

9.5 degrees N by 100 degrees E/Surat Thani Isle
6:30pm 06.12.10 eclipse time
7.0 to 8.5 Richter with possible tsunami

and an earthquake happens with the following data -

10 degrees N by 90 degrees E/Nicobar Isles
1:26 am 06.13.10 local time
7.5 Richter

Earthquake prediction has come a long ways within the last 48 hours. Time for NASA to start sharing information. A 24 hour window is more than enough time to prepare and 6 or 7 hours a short time to wait things out in preparedness.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The locations are 675 miles apart. Are you supposed to evacuate all the people in all the coastal regions in the area because of a prediction?

Oh, there was no eclipse or tsunami.

[edit on 6/13/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Since we're talking about predictions...I knew I'd hear from you. Mr. Kongpop seems like a person who cares about his people. 675 miles is a short distance to save the life of a friend, don't you think?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Are you saying that entire coastal region of the Indian Ocean should have been evacuated based on this prediction?

I wonder if it really was the same Mr. Kongpop who works at Goddard who made this prediction, considering he is an electrical engineer. It doesn't make much sense, he should have at least gotten the eclipse part right.

[edit on 6/13/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
To answer your question: no it is not coincidence when someone predicts an earthquake with the following parameters -

9.5 degrees N by 100 degrees E/Surat Thani Isle
6:30pm 06.12.10 eclipse time
7.0 to 8.5 Richter with possible tsunami

I didn't saw that prediction anywhere, could you please tell us where you got that from?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm saying that behind closed doors earthquake prediction seems to have moved out of the dark ages. I'm saying where were we when this happened? I'm saying that if it were you, in the dark, within that 675 mile by 350 mile area and within that 7 hour window, wouldn't you want to know?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hi arMaP...I got it from the OP's 1st link in the first post beginning this thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join