It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon rushes to block release of classified files on Wikileaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Pentagon rushes to block release of classified files on Wikileaks

www. independent.co.uk

It has the ingredients of a spy thriller: an American military analyst turned whistleblower; 260,000 classified government documents; and rumours that the world's most powerful country is hunting a former hacker whom it believes is about to publish them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well, this is fascinating stuff. Bradley Manning (the whistleblower) must be very worried about his own safety. I have always believed that we only hear about a fraction of the stuff that goes on through the normal media channels.

They believe this to be the same guy who released the footage of an apache gunship attacking unarmed civilians.

Will this story progress any further? Or will it, along with Bradley Manning, simply disappear?

Only time will tell!

www. independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Update to say that Bradley Manning was arrested on june 7th according to the BBC...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Spc Manning also said he had passed on 260,000 classified US diplomatic cables.

260,000???

That is one hell of a lot... he couldn’t have read them all... which makes me wonder... what where his motives?

I understand that the Apache incident was one that he felt the public should know about... But to pass on Classified files in this quantity is reckless in my opinion. Some of these files could have information that puts Troops lives at risk!!

I have mixed feelings on this... i want the truth... but do not want to do more harm than good in the process of getting it!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Dam... Story already posted here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry people... I did do a search but couldn’t find anything at first...

Mods delete at you convenience... please except my apologies

new topics

top topics

join