It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

★ I'm worthy ★ I'm worth IT ★ I'm Valerie ★

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
im pretty good with computer and technology but....

i cant get an avatar to come up to the left, just under my username...

is there something im missing?? i uploaded and its not coming up

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MyProblemWithEvil

I'm curious, what is your Zodiac sign?

3rd line, the 2nd was invisible.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

go to the picture by clicking member tools/my pictures

click the picture that you want to use and it will open a page with three different forms of a link

copy the link at the top, where it says use as ATS avatar

then scroll down and you will see a link that says ''Go to: ats profile (to use for avatar)

paste that link in the box that says ats avatar.

then submit

[edit on 14-6-2010 by broahes]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I wish I could help with the avatar. Just letting you know, I had to listen to both of the video tutorials, found it was slightly different than how it was described, and after a day of playing around with it, it suddenly worked. Frustrating for sure.

Double check the url to the pic, and I honestly don't know what I did to make mine suddenly work. Trial and error, and more patience than what I have will probably help you

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by broahes

go to the picture in your profile, copy the link at the top, where it says use as ATS avatar

then scroll down and you will see a link that says ''Go to: ats profile (to use for avatar)

paste that link in the box that says ats avatar.

then submit

You make it sound so easy, but then I am impatient
I had a heck of a time with mine.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I added another step for clarity.

Who's second line is it anyway?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

EXCEPT NOW I ALSO HAVE APOCALYPTIC dreams of meteors, AND GALACTIC MILE-HIGH WAVES OF WATER coming straight towards me and crashing into me. Very few fun and beautiful dreams.

O_o ... welcome to ATS, with that said best of luck. That was quite the introduction.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Sorry, can't offer you any help about your avatar, been a few years since I changed mine.

You'll be fine here, most of us are bit messed up in one way or another.

Hell, I know i've been to the abyss and faced the demons out on more than one occassion, the last time wasn't that long ago.

I think woodwytch summed it up best, sink or swim, I think you are a swimmer like the vast majority of us here.

Some great people here and I'm sure there are plenty who will be able to help you with your ufo / dream thing.

Sure you'll enjoy it here, take care and look forward to seeing you around about.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Welcome MyProblemWithEvil. I like your straightforwardness, you are a true gem. It sounds like you've had a rough life. You are older now and can take care of yourself far better than when you were younger. Its unfortunate how other people treat other people when they think they can get away with it. Don't be suicidal any more. If you ever get that way again, then there are many here that can stray you away from such thoughts. As for your finger, there is always hope.

www.youtube.com...

There is always hope for each and everyone. Be good, and never change from being good. Don't let others ruin your future, you are in charge of your own future; do with your future what you wish of it.

I can tell you are going to have lots of interesting stories to tell in the future here on ATS. Especially about spaceships and aliens. I'm sure there are lots of people waiting to hear them, including me.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by RussianScientists]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyProblemWithEvil
I'm not gonna lie, "train wreak" and "real keeper" hurts.

I just wanted to say I'm sorry for quoting the 'train wreck' line. I did it in good spirit, that is just how I am. I really am sorry for that.

Peace?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Are we related lol?

Yup life is sure a pain in the ass sometimes (understatement) and it can feel like everyone is trying to put you down, but the only way forward is to put your head up and move forward.

There are plenty of f-up people in the world, and many many good people out there but if you are like me they rarely show up on the Radar....

One of my first girlfriends was abused by her father at a young age, she lived with her mother for a while until her mother died and she was taken into foster care at 15. When we got together when she was 17 sex wasn't even on my mind because I loved her so much. I gave her all the time she needed to regain her trust in men, we used to sleep together sure but I wanted to show her not all men are one track minded. For five months we had no sex, sure I had urges but them urges were not as strong as the love and compassion I felt for her.

I saw somebody so hurt, so confused that what I felt didn't matter no more. I was determined to help give her a chance at life to show her I loved her for who she was, not just to fulfill my needs. When the day came and we made love it was magical, it broke down so many mental barriers she had and she gained so much confidence and trust in life.

Never give in because there is always somebody who can come along and change your life. You will know when that person comes, and believe me "That person will come" they will literally turn your world around. However only you can allow that to happen, sometimes you have to step outside your comfort zone no matter how hard that may be. The more you dwell on negative thought, the more power you give them.

I feel for ya I really do -Big Virtual Hug-

[edit on 14-6-2010 by NotAgain]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Oh i see I thought that you had a whole finger missing but getting the end of the pinky stuck in the oven for 20 min does not sound like fun.

And if I had the choice of the cubicle, or taking care of a old lady that bites I would chose the same I hate cubicles.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I hope you will seek the truth always on ATS. WE are truthseekers.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Welcome Valerie, look forward to some of your posts.

Entertaining thread.

Hopefully, some better days ahead for ya. Easy to get down, harder to push yourself back up. Even though we know theres a ton of crappy things going on, theres always a few things we can put hope in.

All the best.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join