It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Intelligence Analyst Bradley Manning : "We're All Doomed ..."

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
something that i cannot understand is that if someone is a whistle blower why didnt him or her say all the info they have! only tiny little bits!! come on!! if you know that our species is in danger and you are gonna die anyway why dont tell what is going on!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

If they aren't US citizens I'm not going to pay with my tax dollars sorry buddy. I'm not sure what world you currently reside in. IMO not a cent should be spent overseas til we are able to control what is happening in our own country with hundreds of thousands going hungry, Join red cross if you wish the world a better place, Don't ever tell me how i should spend my hard earned money. I'm responsible for me and mine, not the entire world. Grow up and try to understand how the real world works please.

I'm so sick of people like this telling me it's my responsibility to change the world, when they won't spend a cent or donate a cent out of their pocket to better it. Lead by example or seriously just SHUT UP.

I spend over 10k a year donating to those with less, til you are capable of saying the same you honestly shouldn't be spewing such utter bull crap.

Of course US tax-payers should fit the hospital bill since it is US tax-payers who caused them to need the hospital in the first place. You talk about the US not spending a penny in another country because we need all of the money here, yet you can't seem to see the extraordinary costs associated with the war in the first place. Maybe we would have enough money if we weren't in this stupid war to begin with.

It's one thing to want the world to be a better place and it's something else entirely to not want to make the world worse off. It's not your responsibility to change the world, however it is your responsibility to not make the world worse off, such things as shooting innocent children and murdering innocent people. Such things as aggressively invading another country, wholly unprovoked.

The thing is, if you shoot innocent people, it is your responsibility to ensure they get the care they need to overcome their injuries.

I hate ignorant people who like to complaining about wasted tax-dollars when those dollars could do some good, yet they have no problem with those wasted tax-dollars when they are used to illegally invade another country and make life hell for others.

Just to note, you haven't a clue what I do for charity so your insinuation is completely ignorant but then again, so was your whole post.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
From reading the "Wired" article, so far as I can see, Manning is simply disillusioned with peopled indifference to decency and justice. Nothing but selfish, self serving motives without regard for human life, truth, justice, etc.. I don't read this as him discovering some specific event. More like a loss of innocence.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Reminds me of a movie that was out recently... we could call this one "The betrayal of Bradley Manning by the coward Adrian Lamo."

This guy should be ashamed to even call himself a hackr/leet.

timete neminem fidite nemini

Poppa D

[edit on 6/13/2010 by Poppa D]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Reply to post by Gakus

I'm not crazy nor am I a doom and gloomer. I often oppose the stupid, idiotic doom and gloom posts...but this one sure has caught the governments attention...but you know it's nothing bad right? Lol and we all live in a perfect world. No one is corrupt...that's unthinkable gasp...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I've tried to get all worked up about this like the rest of you, but it just doesn't work, basically due to one simple reason: my money is on Wikileaks being an elaborate CIA front.

What has become clear to me over the years is that most of what we seemingly uncover has actually been spoon-fed to us. We are being given pieces of the puzzle as it suits those with the remaining pieces, and we have the arrogance to believe we are discovering the truth.

Most people here still think Alex Jones and Bo Gritz are patriots for heaven's sake....so Wikileaks - hmmm .... nope, unconvinced.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
If what he sent was true and was calling "worldwide discussion , debates, and reforms" then I'm doubting it's something specifically and only about the United States government. From the sound of "worldwide discussion, debates, and reforms" it sounds, to me, like a human rights violation on a large scale or conspiracy to commit crimes against humanity.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This is THE BIG ONE we've all been waiting for...

This could possibly BRING DOWN EVERY GOVERNMENT IN THE WORLD...

Bradley Manning is a hero to humanity and Adrian Lamo is a rat, but the stuff has been leaked so we should just ignore Lamo. (how ironic is his name? lol)

But if any harm does come to Manning... then Lamo would forever be remembered... for all the wrong reasons.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
thanks for the great news.

i am going to go to the pet store now to make myself feel better

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
this guys nothing but a dumb SOB,,,,,

i wouldnt take anything seriously and what he did was stupid and just playing games more less...

he abused his position and id like to see some concrete proof instead of a dam transcript rubbish chat log of "we are doomed".

goodnight children

[edit on 13-6-2010 by oldvet66]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
What a surprise, zionist and US controlled media bashing whistleblowers wonder who they are taking orders from

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I don't know if it's been mentioned, I've been working away for a week, but is Bradley Manning still being held in Kuwait, as he was in the original link, because we all know why folks get held in that kind of country and it's not for the sun and sand.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by Tom Servo

" ... a tape of insurgents with weapons being attacked by an Apache and claimed it showed an apache murdering people indiscriminately? "

I must have missed something in that video after watching it dozens of times .

Could you please tell me which one of those kids in the van had weapons ?
And where were the weapons that the rescuers allegedly had ?

Maybe you should watch the video again ?

You know hamas brings children with them every time the have their meetings. They know people won't shoot at them with their own children in their place. But hey they over estimated the jews raiding their facility a few years ago.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
The will teach the powers that be to stop reading our emails and putting CCTV's all over the place and it's clear who needs to be watched but we knew that anyway.

My guess is they will pay the guy off or use that as bait to knock him off

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Lamo didn't turn in a friend... He didn't turn in a concerned citizen.... He turned in someone who was completely abusing the trust given to him...

Right, like our so-called leaders don't abuse the trust we place in THEM??

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

“Wheels Down: Adjusting to Life After Deployment. [...] Combat training “is the only technique that will reliably influence the primitive, midbrain processing of a frightened human being” to take another life, [Lt. Col. Dave Grossman]

way to go - gross sob

wikileaks bradley manning adrian lamo julian assange wired

Brasscheck TV - interview

[edit on 0404:6 13/06 by Charly111]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Well few things first come to mind after reading all that:

1. How many hackers does one need to disclose sensitive info? Julian wasn't enough for this guy? I mean why did he risk everything just to cry over some random hackers' shoulders? I did read the conversation and he's basically just telling Lamo about his life problems.

2. Why does government disclose highly sensitive top secret info to a 22 year old person? Doesn't that sound just... strange? Also, if people handling this kind of intelligence can actually be 22 year old and NOT go insane, then I already lost hope in humanity. Because, those are the "new generation" in whom you invest hope of positive change.

That's about it. And why are we so obsessed with this Lamo guy at all? Ratting Manning out was a personal decision and not some kind of "hacker duty" or "patriotic duty" (I have more to this...). He probably got money for it. Lots of it. So, he is the winner here and you all lose. The info he allegedly disclosed to Julian can possibly used as evidence against US diplomats and officials who were involved in illegal operations.

The "this may embarrass US" is just official BS to make you feel like your homeland under threat. What it really means is that some crooked diplomat heads may roll. If someone representing your country did something so embarrassing than you should as a citizen do what you can to make sure they are uncovered.
If you live in Egypt and see some "US agents" beat and rape a 12 year old girl, would it be your patriotic duty to just "shut your mouth in national interest", or would you call the cops?
Even still, I think they didn't do anything embarrassing at all, it's a cover BS story to gain sympathy of ignorant public.

[edit on 13/6/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Doomed as a species.

This would be a great way to bring about a fake UFO disclosure.

Them aliens is hostile.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This looks like it could be massive.

Truth is coming out everywhere at the moment. Think about it. Its like a Tsunami wave of truth. Growing constantly.

The other thing though is that this whole incident looks like it could be one massive plan by the powers in control. This would mean every person involved is just an actor. The whole thing is a new game being launched by them.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFORacer56
reply to post by okbmd

You know this thing just pisses me off. When you have someone inside the government who is willing to let information out that possibly affects the whole world positively for the people, then some dumb cracker turns him in

I think it would be safe bet to say that the hacker who turned him in was working in the private sector possibly linked to the pentacon.

In all fairness if this information is released this has the potential to cause ALOT of damage and stir the political hornets nest worldwide. BRING IT ON!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join