It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Intelligence Analyst Bradley Manning : "We're All Doomed ..."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
Ex

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Link

Department spokesman P.J. Crowley said Friday that the
Bureau of Diplomatic Security is assisting in the forensic analysis
of the data stored on one or more hard drives from computers
believed to have been used by Army Spc. Bradley Manning, 22, of Potomac, Md.

Manning, who has not been charged with any crime,
is being detained in Kuwait pending an Army criminal investigation
of unauthorized leaks of classified information.

In a post on Twitter, Wikileaks has denied that it was provided
with 260,000 classified documents,
but it has not further clarified the matter.

Wikileaks' chief spokesman, Julian Assange,
was expected to appear as part of a panel Friday night an
Investigative Reporters and Editors conference in Las Vegas, Nev.
But a conference spokesman,
Mark Horvit, said Assange told him this weekend he wouldn't be
coming for security reasons.

"It is a big deal because if the government cannot communicate
on a confidential basis, then diplomacy can be crippled,"
Aftergood said in an interview. "Our foreign interlocutors will be
censoring themselves when they speak with us and our own
embassies may feel inhibited about what they put in writing."

Aftergood, who has followed government secrecy issues
for many years, said that while there have been innumerable
isolated cases of leaked secrets,
"in terms of voluminous quantities of classified records,
there may be no parallel since the Pentagon Papers" case.

He was referring to The New York Times' disclosure in 1971
of a top-secret Pentagon study of the history of U.S. involvement
in Vietnam.

Wiki Isn't Backing Down Either

"if Brad Manning [is the] whistleblower then, without doubt,
he's a national hero"and
"we have taken steps to arrange for his protection and legal defence".

Excerts From Orginal Chats

[edit on 6/12/2010 by Ex]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I agree with all who've posted similar on here but ai just gotta say it for myself. We finally get someone with the balls to come forward and tell the world of this huge pile of cover ups that he knows about, which is probably but the tip of the iceberg, and some RAT turns him in!? This Lamo guy is a terrible human being and a giant RAT SNITCH! We have to do all we can to get the information out first and foremost or else this guy, who will probably end up in prison or worse never being heard from again, has done what he's done in vain! Get the info out there at any cost! And also do anything we can to help him too. He's a good man and if he goes down let's do everything we can to make sure it ain't for nothing. As for those of you who have been standing with the government on this one, well you should be ashamed of yourselves. Way to stand hand in hand with the biggest thieves/liars/murderers in recorded history.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It seems to me that Assange is essentially untouchable. If he is arrested or killed his info is made public and he becomes a martyr. His sacrifice would (hopefully) inspire others. I'd love to be in Assange's shoes having the government fear me. It's about time our glorious leaders are held accountable.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
Portion of trancript of email sent from Manning to Adrian Lamo., starts at 2
Manning was an Intelligence Analyst , he ANALYSED Intelligence ! We , as humans , have every right to know if , and what , may be in place or in construction , that might DOOM us as a species !

The implications of his statement could be staggering . Who knows what he found ? It could be anything from plans to start a nuclear war , to knowledge of an imminent pole-shift , to an asteroid striking earth with disastrous consequences , to who knows what .

[edit on 12-6-2010 by okbmd]

Or he could be a paranoid, deluded, depressed sociopath looking for attention.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
its dumb how we all officially know the governments are crooks, and we let them get away with it. The paycheck is more important than the "doomed as a species" statement? This post is pointless, we wont do anything about it, and those crooks know we wont.....but what if...?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Servo
This is the same guy that released a tape of insurgents with weapons being attacked by an Apache and claimed it showed an apache murdering people indiscriminately? Yeah, I wouldn't take what he says at face value. Hes proven to not be trust worthy.

Did you watch that video??? and see the bit where US army ran over the dead with their hummer and laughed or where they unleashed on a good Samaritan collecting the dead, he had children in the back of his van that are lucky to be alive. How do you know they were Insurgents??, they were traveling with two reporters from Reuters, who were also killed, but I guess that’s an easy mistake to make when your at war with a people as opposed to an army. And finally wikileaks just releases sensitive information its up to you to make of their info as you like, how is that not trustworthy??

www.smh.com.au...

news.smh.com.au...

[edit on 12-6-2010 by deenuu]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Lamo is a disgusting little traitor to the human race.

Hope he gets what he deserves.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Sorry I ran out of fingernails of my own and yours were just there!

Fully agree I am salivating like a dog over a steak to read these.
A lil bit o transparency.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Ummm, it's made pretty clear in that "part" of an email he isn't talking about a doom and gloom end of the world but rather a simple debate or "disagreement" I don't know what the heck the rest of you are reading. I personally believe to many nut cases are allowed to post and make their own threads on this site. You people make the entire community as a whole come off as CRAZY as you moronic ignorant people sound. Absolutely disgusting.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

This is the same guy that released a tape of insurgents with weapons being attacked by an Apache and claimed it showed an apache murdering people indiscriminately? Yeah, I wouldn't take what he says at face value. Hes proven to not be trust worthy.

Is that what you think? Seriously? Those reporters with cameras were actually insurgents with weapons? At best, they looked sketchy but that didn't account for the van that pulled up later. That van was fired upon and those children hurt when it was clear that they posed no threat at all.

Then, we refused medical care for those children. This is inexcusable, not matter how much propaganda you try to spew out.

What would you do if your driving along and come to a corner with a bunch of people wounded, crying out for help. Would you stop to help? Are you that human? If you did stop to help, would it be justified for someone to try and murder your family too?

In fact, it is a war crime to shoot at medical help or medical relief, even when that help is helping the enemy. Save your propaganda for the FBI discussion boards.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Adrian Lamo is a wanker, he did significantly more damage to the US and the world than Bradley Manning would have ever done. If wistleblowers continue to be treated as they currently are by the media etc then we won't have them.

Adrian Lamo is a wanker

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I am really torn on this subject. While I fully support transparency and Wikileaks there is a possibility this entire event has been staged to shut down, regulate and restrict the internet!

It just all seems so convenient and relatively easy for Julian Assange. I can't believe he hasn't had an "accident" long ago. So there is slim possibility Mr. Assange is CIA or some other black ops agency with the mission to end free speech on the internet.

If Julian Assange is who he says he is, and he seeks to expose the truth for the betterment of the human race then I apologize and will be putting my check in the mail!

One more thing if these cables are for real Mr. Assange may be holding them as life insurance. If he releases them = no more insurance = no more life. My 2 pennies.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yeah I feel like my definition of "National Security" Is WAY Different than their definition. I think they have skewed the idea of "National Security" from "The safety of the populace and workings of a (our) Nation" to "The security of their [perceived] positions of power OVER the nation"

I don't know, but it shall certainly be very interesting to see how this all turns out. I, for one, am quite eager to see what these people are fighting so hard to conceal from the general public.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

Is that what you think? Seriously? Those reporters with cameras were actually insurgents with weapons? At best, they looked sketchy but that didn't account for the van that pulled up later. That van was fired upon and those children hurt when it was clear that they posed no threat at all.

Then, we refused medical care for those children. This is inexcusable, not matter how much propaganda you try to spew out.

What would you do if your driving along and come to a corner with a bunch of people wounded, crying out for help. Would you stop to help? Are you that human? If you did stop to help, would it be justified for someone to try and murder your family too?

In fact, it is a war crime to shoot at medical help or medical relief, even when that help is helping the enemy. Save your propaganda for the FBI discussion boards.

--airspoon

If they aren't US citizens I'm not going to pay with my tax dollars sorry buddy. I'm not sure what world you currently reside in. IMO not a cent should be spent overseas til we are able to control what is happening in our own country with hundreds of thousands going hungry, Join red cross if you wish the world a better place, Don't ever tell me how i should spend my hard earned money. I'm responsible for me and mine, not the entire world. Grow up and try to understand how the real world works please.

I'm so sick of people like this telling me it's my responsibility to change the world, when they won't spend a cent or donate a cent out of their pocket to better it. Lead by example or seriously just SHUT UP.

I spend over 10k a year donating to those with less, til you are capable of saying the same you honestly shouldn't be spewing such utter bull crap.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Gakus]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

Gakus - you sound like a real credit to the human race /sarcasm. Me Me Me! - grow up. No further comment.

Wikileaks is saying it doesn't have the cables (50:50 they do)
This Manning guy is now being held, and WikiLeaks expressed that it will help in providing legal council etc.

With this in mind, if wikileaks does have the cables, do you think they might wait until these legal matters have been resolved???

I dunno, I'm just asking...

I pray they do have the cables, and I pray all those on the righteous side of this battle remain safe and continue this fight for the remainder of their natural life. Amen.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
if you read it all in context he's only saying were doomed as a species,if nothing comes of the leaks,if there's no discussion,and changes in mindset of the government on how they go about things,where screwed as a society if nobody cares about whats in the leaks and that the leaks were for nothing,that is all.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
So Manning is intelligence analyst that passes classified info to Wiki. Then Manning goes to the trouble of scrubbing his computer. Then Manning decides to chat it up online about his activities??? WTF!

I mean it doesn't smell right!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
He probably sees the collective insanity that we are as a species. I wake up every morning and think the same thing. "W t f"

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Who knows, maybe he just wanted some notoriety...

If I knew it was a matter of time before I was going to be found out and held - possibly charged - I would wanna make a bit of a splash before I drowned also.

Has anyone seen this piece being discussed on TV news yet?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

02:31:02 PM) Manning: i think the thing that got me the most… that made me rethink the world more than anything (02:35:46 PM) Manning: was watching 15 detainees taken by the Iraqi Federal Police… for printing “anti-Iraqi literature”… the iraqi federal police wouldn’t cooperate with US forces, so i was instructed to investigate the matter, find out who the “bad guys” were, and how significant this was for the FPs… it turned out, they had printed a scholarly critique against PM Maliki… i had an interpreter read it for me… and when i found out that it was a benign political critique titled “Where did the money go?” and following the corruption trail within the PM’s cabinet… i immediately took that information and *ran* to the officer to explain what was going on… he didn’t want to hear any of it… he told me to shut up and explain how we could assist the FPs in finding *MORE* detainees…

Manning is a good man, I don't think he was interested in leaking data putting personnel at risk he was only outraged by the lies and corruption. I wish him the best in this ordeal.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join