It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Intelligence Analyst Bradley Manning : "We're All Doomed ..."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I've been wondering how TPTB would stop Wikileaks from leaking this information to the public .

I think this thread here :www.abovetopsecret.com... pretty much sums up how they will stop Julian Assange , short of killing him .

It's all coming together now ...

Come on Mr. Assange , get that stuff released !

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

That I do not know. If there are of 800 wikileakers then there would definitely need to be some sort of coordinated effort. So maybe that is what is going on. I would like to think the documents exist, but I would be going against everything ATS to not entertain the idea that there is a conspiracy about a conspiracy to lead all of is chasing our tails. I just hope we are not being led astray, and that Mr. Asange is telling the truth.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
After reading the Wired article I can only conclude that I am going to have to wait for the release of the cables.

I'm sure there is some very interesting information in them, but what it might actually be is anyone's guess.

From the tone of the conversation in the article two things are abundantly clear:

1. Manning is crazy as squirrel #. This has no bearing on the quality of factuality of his information, it's just, in my opinion, a fact. I worked 35F in the Army years ago during the Gulf War, etc... In that time the only people I saw reassigned for "adjustment disorders" were those who either took the "James Bond" stuff too far or were just naturally unstable and unfit for the sensitive nature of the duty.

You have to remember this is a non combat position. Soldiers in combat are reassigned for adjustive disorders fairly frequently. In these cases this is a nice way of taking some young men who have seen too much and moving them somewhere they can get their heads back together without damaging their careers. But 35F? What's Manning have trouble adjusting to? Powdered coffee creamer instead of half and half?

2. Manning does not know what is in the cables. First, there are a quarter of a million of them. Just no way to read them all. Second, in Manning's cryptic replies to the content of the cables, his responses strike me that he was moved for their release more out of his general motivations about the war, what he has experienced in the army, course of society, etc... rather than their actual content.

Let's say be found a cable that said the US was going to attack Iran in October. Manning would have told Lamo, "Hey, we're already in one bad war and they are trying to get us into another, people have to know," or whatever. There would have been a specific reference point of information that would have motivated him to make his information public. Instead, we get an explanation that sounds like something out of a Walter Mitty story. (See point 1.)

Again, I am not dismissing the information or its importance. I am only highlighting the fact that I do not think we can draw any conclusions as to their content from this article.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

"remember the brown shirts?
once Hitler was in power
he bumped them off
to keep them from betraying him...
Minions die hard"

I hope people remember this. Star from me.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Wow, I never thought about that. But then they would need to explain why and I am sure there would be some cyber sleuths out there that would be able to circumvent this issue. They might create an issue, such as a cyber false flag. I had also heard that when this is done, the government has a system setup where we would be going through something similar to China's network for internet access. If that happens, it might just be the breaking point. If the government takes away one of the best resources to freedom of information. I would hate to be working for the government if that happens. You would have some pissed off people.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Kudos to the soldiers trying to get this stuff out:

Leaked Video

This is just one of the videos that were previously leaked to wiki. Two Reuters journalist were killed, amongst other innocents that included two children and their father who were attempting to save the lives of the wounded journalists.

Reuters requested the video via FOIA for years and were denied.

Had this video not been leaked, the world would have never known. The military stuck to the original assessment that all parties involved were insurgents and that the soldiers were within their Rules of Engagement.

It's very sad.

The thing to keep in mind here is that there's a reason someone feels compelled to leak this information. National Security doesn't have squat to do with incidents such as these. It's a matter of the military covering it's ass and nothing more when information like this gets buried.

Now, let me ask you ... why haven't we seen more Pentagon videos released of Flight 77? And where is the video and audio of those 2 F-15s that were scrambled to intercept Flight 93? Hmm ... must be a matter of "National Security".

EDIT: to embed video

[edit on 12-6-2010 by tyranny22]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UFORacer56

It is likely that the only explanation they would use would be "for reasons of national security" .

Or , they could blame it on terrorists or Iran or North Korea or ...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Greetings fellow peace seekers,

MAYBE TIME FOR THE WORLD TO START SINGING KUMBAYA

But I bet on more synthetic disinformation by one who is no Hero of Peace, this info should stay the property of where it was stolen from(plug the dame leak), a thief is a thief no matter what is stolen... is a crime to the unknowing innocent mind of Gods children any different than the crime to Gods children temples of flesh... are they not the same house?

I am an American and a conspiracy artist and more patriotic than any of the ones who have to show it by worshiping an American flag made in china... give me a Star with no name please.

This seems to be another "Big Barnsmell" time for a 2nd coming of AL CAPPS and lets make it High Definition this time('
')

I truly would have more faith in a skonk to work in finding the remedy to stop the flow of dis-info that's not what Kelly stood for... brake the rules and become as the rebel my Hero is... Unleash project Minotaur and bring his ass to Justice and she is on the rag.('
')

There is no end only continuance... ('
')

Top Secret Jesus quote;
1: Jesus said, "The (Father's) kingdom is like a shepherd who had a hundred sheep. One of them, the largest, went astray. He left the ninety-nine and looked for the one until he found it. After he had toiled, he said to the sheep, 'I love you more than the ninety-nine.'"

2:Jesus said, "Images are visible to people, but the light within them is hidden in the image of the Father's light. He will be disclosed, but his image is hidden by his light."

Mr X('
')
Disclosure Project;
This is all for conspiracy entertainment purposes only and not to be taken as fact from from a Real-Stinker who has no credibility because of believing in UFO's and ET's and probably has a hyper active imagination and lives in a basement unemployed with a big wiser-belly, so please consult with your Religious leader before taking any of this Seriously and use your own discretion in faith and judgment of the words... but who knows?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is all very disheartening. I feel like I'm in a conspiracy thriller movie. It's not fun. Honestly, I just hope WikiLeaks releases the information. I want to know what's going on.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Who knows , maybe some of these cables have incriminating conversations concerning 9/11 ?

Wouldn't THAT be history-making ?!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is the same guy that released a tape of insurgents with weapons being attacked by an Apache and claimed it showed an apache murdering people indiscriminately? Yeah, I wouldn't take what he says at face value. Hes proven to not be trust worthy.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is someone speaking from Army intelligence. It's not the Bilderburgs leaking information. Wouldn't this more likely be rumors about fiscal cutbacks to the military complex? Maybe there are NWO plans to turn the worlds swords into plow shares or something.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

agreed with orphan, obviously something big since the pentagon and state depts. r goin nuts lookin for assange... release it, stay safe...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm so tired of people railing on lamo...

Something you all need to learn about us hackers who see "under the covers" on a daily basis... We have countries.... We have need for national security... And many of us work behind the scenes on some kind of federal level all the while holding a normal day job...

Lamo didn't turn in a friend... He didn't turn in a concerned citizen.... He turned in someone who was completely abusing the trust given to him... To such a degree that the serviceman puts all of our lives at risk...

Lamo did what any self respecting white-hat hacker would do... He put an end to a loose cannon. We do this every day in an attempt to protect the security of all of us.

Now.. I am as eager as the rest of you to find out the information that was disclosed... The only snitch in this entire scenario though is the delinquent serviceman who abused his own position for personal aggrandizement and in the process put the lives of many many American citizens at risk.

I believe in the power of wiki leaks... And I hope that it is not shut down... But Lamo is not the enemy here....

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fuzzyone
After reading the Wired article I can only conclude that I am going to have to wait for the release of the cables.

I'm sure there is some very interesting information in them, but what it might actually be is anyone's guess.

From the tone of the conversation in the article two things are abundantly clear:

1. Manning is crazy as squirrel #. This has no bearing on the quality of factuality of his information, it's just, in my opinion, a fact. I worked 35F in the Army years ago during the Gulf War, etc... In that time the only people I saw reassigned for "adjustment disorders" were those who either took the "James Bond" stuff too far or were just naturally unstable and unfit for the sensitive nature of the duty.

You have to remember this is a non combat position. Soldiers in combat are reassigned for adjustive disorders fairly frequently. In these cases this is a nice way of taking some young men who have seen too much and moving them somewhere they can get their heads back together without damaging their careers. But 35F? What's Manning have trouble adjusting to? Powdered coffee creamer instead of half and half?

2. Manning does not know what is in the cables. First, there are a quarter of a million of them. Just no way to read them all. Second, in Manning's cryptic replies to the content of the cables, his responses strike me that he was moved for their release more out of his general motivations about the war, what he has experienced in the army, course of society, etc... rather than their actual content.

Let's say be found a cable that said the US was going to attack Iran in October. Manning would have told Lamo, "Hey, we're already in one bad war and they are trying to get us into another, people have to know," or whatever. There would have been a specific reference point of information that would have motivated him to make his information public. Instead, we get an explanation that sounds like something out of a Walter Mitty story. (See point 1.)

Again, I am not dismissing the information or its importance. I am only highlighting the fact that I do not think we can draw any conclusions as to their content from this article.

I strongly agree with your assessment Fuzzyone. Manning's "adjustment disorder" is from to many hours reading high level international government communications that he is unable at the time to further investigate. Yet he is also supposed to flag and elevate anything that could be mission critical to the troops in Afganistan, Iraq and/or any potential terrorist activity directed towards the United States. It sounds like Manning was/is suffering from burnout. If there truely is over 260,00 cables and they have been released to someone involved with Wikileaks, (Wikileaks deny having the cables), then we may never learn of anything.
Julian Assange (founder of Wikileaks) has gone into hiding. If there is internationally sensitive information, I seriously doubt that any of our 16 US intelligence agencies, or any of the intelligence agencies of the countries identified in the cables would ever allow any secret/classified information to be made public. If by chance the information contained in the cables does come out what effect will that have on public opinion? We all saw the "collateral murder" video. How did the public react? Outrage at the Army helicopter pilots. Maybe we will see something regarding the cables but I doubt it. There is a volcano of oil leaking into the gulf of Mexico. Politicians are slinging crud at each other to get re-elected in November. Anywhere from 10 to 15% of our nations workers are unemployed. Who gives a crap about what some state department official said about some yahoo in zimbabwe. Maybe we hear about the cables or maybe we don't. I hope we do. It would be a change from what the MSM have been repeating to us hour after hour every day.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tom Servo

" ... a tape of insurgents with weapons being attacked by an Apache and claimed it showed an apache murdering people indiscriminately? "

I must have missed something in that video after watching it dozens of times .

Could you please tell me which one of those kids in the van had weapons ?
And where were the weapons that the rescuers allegedly had ?

Maybe you should watch the video again ?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

The only problem with that, is that Lamo isn't a "white-hat". He had his fare share of hurting others. BM was only trying to do good by providing the people with information that they deserve. Come on.... Lamo did this because he's a snitch, not because he was concerned about national security. That's just retarded.

--airspoon

[edit on 12-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

" ...in the process put the lives of many many American citizens at risk. "

Unless you know what was in those cables , how can you make the above statement ?

With what has been presented thus far , I'm inclined to believe that Manning thinks we are all at risk by NOT knowing the contents of those cables .

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i read the entire transcript.....the part about him investigating the FP's and his leading officers not wanting to hear any facts is really discouraging. just shows you how political war can be.

I hope Bradley realizes he can end up being a huge figure in this world of alternative media and that his efforts will not go for naught. and when this is realized i anticipate many people coming to help defend him

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

" ...in the process put the lives of many many American citizens at risk. "

Unless you know what was in those cables , how can you make the above statement ?

With what has been presented thus far , I'm inclined to believe that Manning thinks we are all at risk by NOT knowing the contents of those cables .
I've made this point several times already but people in that camp don't care. some only want truth when it suits them

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join