It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Intelligence Analyst Bradley Manning : "We're All Doomed ..."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Portion of trancript of email sent from Manning to Adrian Lamo., starts at 2:20:57AM on May 25 :

"...well it was forwarded to WL
and god knows what happens now
hopefully worldwide discussion , debates , and reforms
if not...than(sic) we're doomed
as a species
i will officially give up on the society we have if nothing happens "

www.wired.com... 8Threat+Level%29%29

Sounds like this fellow has found something very disturbing .

I guess we can expect Julian Assange to have an unfortunate accident in the near future .

Sounds to me like this is more than an issue of national security ., maybe worldwide security if these tapes are not released .

I , for one , am sick and tired of TPTB slapping a 'national security' label on everything that would expose their nefarious backroom dealings and agendas .

Manning was an Intelligence Analyst , he ANALYSED Intelligence ! We , as humans , have every right to know if , and what , may be in place or in construction , that might DOOM us as a species !

The implications of his statement could be staggering . Who knows what he found ? It could be anything from plans to start a nuclear war , to knowledge of an imminent pole-shift , to an asteroid striking earth with disastrous consequences , to who knows what .

We have a right to know if we are in danger , instead of relying on TPTB to ensure our safety and well-being , after the superb job they did when it came to protecting us on 9/11 .

It is time to demand transparency and accountability .

[edit on 12-6-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

You know this thing just pisses me off. When you have someone inside the government who is willing to let information out that possibly affects the whole world positively for the people, then some dumb cracker turns him in (Manning) for notoriety. BTW I am not being racist, it's the type of computer person he is. The article mentions something going on in Germany. Anyone know what he might be referring to? I wonder if it was around election time, because Germany wasn't giving funds to Greece which sped up the crisis they had. They did this so the candidate, I forget who, wouldn't look bad during the elections. Oh and the Holy See's view on the sexual scandals. Oh man I can't wait! Finally some damn truth.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by UFORacer56]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by UFORacer56

Haven't found anything on the Germany connection .

I find it very disturbing that he uses the phrase "doomed as a species" tho .

And yes , Adrian Lamo , the chump that turned him in , is the REAL traitor here .

Wonder how many pieces of silver he was rewarded with for possibly selling out the entire human race ?

Manning was foolish for trusting someone he didn't even know , online .

Lamo is even more foolish to think he won't wind up dead himself ., does he actually think that the gov believes he doesn't know more than what he has told them ?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Wow no more replies. This is pretty cool stuff seeing that this may be one of the most important things to happen in history. It may create wars or end them. We will see. I hope this helps destroy the image of the corrupt leaders around the world and at home. Maybe we might even have some peace in the future.

Edit: I just saw that we posted at the same time. I am going to try and search for the Germany link I was referring to. Maybe there is some info about the Vatican and a response the possibility of cables being released.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by UFORacer56]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Angela Merkel Here is an article talking about how she has handled the dealing of bail-outs from Germany.

But over the last few months, the German chancellor’s handling of Europe’s economic crisis has made her widely disliked at home and increasingly isolated and even reviled abroad. On the international stage, Merkel, 55, has been criticized for dragging her feet for months over a bailout package for Greece and being too focused on German national interests. “For months, Mrs. Merkel resisted all appeals — by other European leaders and Washington — to, well, be a European leader,” The New York Times wrote in an editorial Wednesday.

I couldn't find anything about the Vatican or worries over the cables. But why would they announce anything? It would be damning if they did.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Really sorry guy's. I am confused, what does this mean exactly? Who is this guy? What is it that will doom us as a species?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by UFORacer56

Maybe this is why the Pope has already begged for forgiveness ahead of time ?

Maybe he knows the crapolla is about to hit the fan , and he may be implicated as well ?

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
Portion of trancript of email sent from Manning to Adrian Lamo., starts at 2:20:57AM on May 25 :

"...well it was forwarded to WL
and god knows what happens now
hopefully worldwide discussion , debates , and reforms
if not...than(sic) we're doomed
as a species
i will officially give up on the society we have if nothing happens "

[edit on 12-6-2010 by okbmd]

Hmm I don't think he meant doomed as in death but doomed as in a society decaying from lack of knowledge and discussion. Just my take on it.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yea more info please.....

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

There are a few threads discussing this guy , here is one of them :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We won't know what he is talking about , as far as 'doomed' , unless Wiki releases the tapes .

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
C'mon Julian !!!!!!
Release it !!!!!
the whole world is waiting.
And I have no more fingernails left

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Here is some info from the Washington Times

"We take this seriously," Crowley said. "Any release of classified material to those who are not entitled to have it is a serious breach of our security and, you know, can cause potential damage to our national security interests."

Link

I guess this includes the people who pay their salaries too. They are looking at Manning's hard drives right now, although he has not been charged with any crimes. In the military world, your not innocent until proven guilty. I am Former Marine btw.

Wide-Eyes, I think (Manning) is talking about how government's are possibly more concerned about themselves than the people. Also in case you don't know the background, here it is. Manning worked for Army intelligence and released a video of U.S. helicopters killing some journalist's in Iraq, and Afghan bombing video which he says was truly accidental and 260k of back door cables used by the U.S. to any other nation discussing matters that they may not want anyone else to know about. Including people who work alongside them.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaos Lord

Visit the link in the OP for the full transcript . Sorry , this is all I have found in relation to this matter .

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Not to be off topic, but lyrics to one song comes to mind when I read this....

The age of man is over
A darkness comes at dawn
These lessons that we learned here
Have only just begun

"Kings and Queens" by 30 Seconds to Mars

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

You could be right about that. I remember reading on here about the mysterious deaths that happened in the Vatican back in the 80's I believe. John Paul I, not sure. But the current pope was somehow mixed up in it. I would be interested in seeing what the cables might show in regards to how we speak to him or how he speaks about the Vatican or the world in general. Normally the reason there are secrets is because something dubious is going on. Rarely is it to protect the life of civilians.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
That is sickening, reading the conversation. It seems obvious that Lamo is a rat, trying to probe information about WL and Assange. How did BM not see that this guy was a snitch? Jeez, how dumb of BM that could wind up costing Assange.

--airspoon

p.s. Did anyone else see that pic of Lamo, dressed up as an American Marine to get face to face with Ashcroft?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7ee19b63756.jpg[/atsimg]Source:www.facebook.com...

Edit to add picture source.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I read through the whole dialogue and I didn't get the impression that he was fearful because of some specific threat, more that he was unhappy about what they reveal about human nature and how nasty, corrupt, violent, vicious and cruel even the "good guys" can be when it comes to the competition between the nations. It read to me more as someone being very disillusioned with humanity than as someone fearful that something was going to destroy the world, or some such thing.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
That is sickening, reading the conversation. It seems obvious that Lamo is a rat, trying to probe information about WL and Assange. How did BM not see that this guy was a snitch? Jeez, how dumb of BM that could wind up costing Assange.

--airspoon

spoon
being smart is not a prerequisite for being
a true Patriot, just desire and loyalty.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

BM [Manning] is awfully smart but whether he is wize or not, is entirely different. Manning was obviously a hacker before joining the army and obviously knows his stuff.

--airspoon

Edited to add: "BM" sure sounds like "bowel movement". LOL

[edit on 12-6-2010 by airspoon]

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

First thing's first, Lamo is rat bastard. For him to take advantage of this kid, who's obviously in a bad way by what he's seen and the information that's crossed his desk is abhorrent. To try and bleed him for more information before turning states evidence on him is almost evil. I hope karma proves that it's a bitch and burns this git in the worst way possible.

Second, I don't think the seventh seal's been broken just yet. Try not to read too much into the usage of "We're doomed as a species" until more information is released. It just sounds to me like this kid's been so demoralized by the sheer volume of back-room dealings and underhanded behavior in these cables he constantly processes, by the U.S. government, Germany and everyone in between that he's practically despondent. When your world paradigm crashes and burns by the hand of those who instilled it in you to begin with, it makes for a bad run of things.

God I hope Wikileaks gets these published. National Security not withstanding, air the damn dirty laundry once and for all time... maybe instead of being doomed as a species we'll actually grow as one.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Legion2112]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join