It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash 4 Gold rip off or conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I keep wondering about these Cash for Gold places, and why they keep sprouting up everywhere.
I find it hard to believe they are funded by a privately owned company. I never see any customers in any of these places. I don't think I have ever seen such little foot traffic, in any business, that has remained open. Is Cash 4 Gold a front for the Federal Reserve? It just doesn't seem to me that the Cash 4 Gold company's could exist, without being government funded. I don't know If there is a conspiracy behind Cash 4 Gold? It might be just another scam, where people are ripped off. I just can't seem to figure where the Gold ends up. It is melted down, but then what?
does it go to the Fed or too a Foreign backed company? is this another effort to seize the last of anything with real value out of the hands of the American public? I just wonder If anybody knows
where the Money Trail leads back to?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
all i can say is they srated to pop up when the SHTF back ni 08... i never trusted them, its pretty obvious by now you dont want to give up your gold if you have any... def a scam.. by whom, im not sure.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I have been having similar thoughts.
If central banks/Governments wanted to collect gold without openly seizing it and causing a mass panic, then these front companies would be a great way to do it.
Sadly i suspect this has more to do with currency speculators forcing companies into gold holdings of some form or other.
Hence the rise in gold collection/trading.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If you look up consumer reports most people say they got scammed.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
the cash for gold schemes, and other ones are a scam.

they will give you the least amount of money as possible, for you gold.
you will get more money from Jewelers, most will buy it, even scrap gold.
decent wearable jewelery has more value what it is than as scrap.

cash 4 gold melt everything down adn turn into ignots.

I think they are funded by people investing in gold shares, but im not sure.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

Check this link out.

www.complaintsboard.com...

But I mean, if you are retarded enough to sell your gold for paper at a time like this, you deserve it haha.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
it is also encouraging theivery and burglary around the country, as now there is an easy way to sell gold obtained illegally. and unlike a pawn shop, the c4G places (at least around here) dont ask for a copy of your id.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

It's a scam. They offer you a small amount of money and hope you never complain. If you do complain, their customer service people will offer you about 25% of the actual value of the gold. If they can get you to take it, they get a bonus. If you keep pressing, they'll just dink around with you. If you threaten legal action, they'll eventually cough up.

There are plenty of actual companies that will buy your gold for the full market value. Talk to your local Better Business Bureau, and find a company with a triple-A consumer rating. They're out there.

Honestly though, don't sell your gold. Why do you think everyone is trying to get you to sell it to them right now? Cuz it's going to keep increasing in value, duh!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

I have been reading up on how their employee's have been having health problems, from the equipment they use to test the metals. from what I have found they really don't have real jewelers working for them. and some kind of testing dye is making people sick.
I also read from consumer reports that people are getting 1 cent checks back in the mail.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Im so glad that someone posted this! i've been thinking for MONTHS that the cash for gold stuff is just a conspiracy to help the government take gold from the people at a time when theres a chance that the dollar could crash. i've been hearing a lot about how people should start investing in gold and other precious metals etc. because if the dollar does crash, then they'll be able to use gold for currency. i always knew something shady was up with those commercials...just glad to see more people think so too!

link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
the cash for gold schemes, and other ones are a scam.

they will give you the least amount of money as possible, for you gold.
you will get more money from Jewelers, most will buy it, even scrap gold.
decent wearable jewelery has more value what it is than as scrap.

cash 4 gold melt everything down adn turn into ignots.

I think they are funded by people investing in gold shares, but im not sure.

I agree with you on this. It is a scam. The way you have described it is exactly how it works.

link   
Brick and mortar stores?

I know these companies started on the internet a couple years back and they were basically paying people a lot less than what the gold was worth - which has been a big source of controversy.

One of the reasons for the low prices is affiliate marketing. They were paying internet marketers good money to refer customers (like $40+ for a referral and signup).

So, at the expense of the customers, marketers and these companies were making a killing - that's why you saw it advertised everywhere on the web.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

I have no interest in selling the gold I have to them, Though I do like trying to take my wife's wedding rings off, when we pass by the Cash 4 Gold store in the Mall.... I find it funny, she doesn't.
I don't know who would mail their gold anyway... It sounds like a horrible idea...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
it's not just confined to the web one popped up in my town not to long ago. a mates girlfriend took two gold rings in and they valued them at like £25 when she went to leave the store they offered her £50 she declined there offer and left. she later got over £150 from a proper jeweler. I agree that there promoting burglaries and robbery's (the local smack heads must be having a field day). anyone know who owns these companies ? the way currency's going there obviously clever (and rich) people.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Its neither a rip off or a conspiracy.

Think of them as a pawn shop, except they only buy gold. They want that gold for the least amount of money. They aren't in it to give you the exact amount of cash your gold is worth. They have to make a profit.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Sorry I wasn't directing my comment to you or anyone specific. I just meant generally.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten

Check this link out.

www.complaintsboard.com...

But I mean, if you are retarded enough to sell your gold for paper at a time like this, you deserve it haha.
Oh really now, so you have never made a mistake your entire life. Must be nice being perfect.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well I tried selling some gold just to see what they'd give... asked them to return it right away...
I sent 3 pieces bought for a total of 1300 dollars.. they offered me 100 bucks in return

top topics

<<   2 >>

join