It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children's minds are being scrambled..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If you look at the principles of meditation, they all are dependent on one's ability to still and balance the mind.

Now, listen to the sound from children's television programming. You'll notice lots of whizz's, bang's, whoops and loud screamy voices on a constant basis.

I think it is purposely designed to scramble the brainwaves of children's minds..destroying their ability to think clearly and focus. Making it almost impossible to connect with their inner spirit and their inner mind.

I know this is an extremely short presentation of my case, but I think it speaks for itself when you take the time to listen to the sounds coming out of the t.v.

Adult TV programming is very similar.

Now, I know all we have to do is turn off the t.v., but what about the people who are intentionally trying to brain wash our children.

I think this is a major crime against humanity and every one involved should be criminally charged.

I just wanted to share my observation.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It makes sense. Would be the first step in low level mind control....because thats what most of it is....they try and break people down in a way that doesn't allow them to progress mentally.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I don't know that this is intentional, but watching erratic visual stimuli does increase dopamine levels and promote anxiety. It actually increases focus and intelligence as well. The more order people can make out of a lot of information, the more intelligent they are. So, your logic doesn't really follow.

These dopamine increasing stimuli actually increase fluid intelligence, and you can see this, in part, as the flynn effect. That is, however, decreasing and some postulate it's actually reversing in several countries; the U.S. being one. I think this has more to do with all the waste we dump into the environment.

Just chunk the tube. I unplugged cable a long time ago, and haven't looked back. Whatever programming I get is downloaded commercial free. Commercials are the devil.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well - i have nothing good to say about modern TV for kids or adults. But from my babysitting experience

whizz's, bang's, whoops and loud screamy voices

are the norm in children behavior. If it went quiet i was getting worried since it was not sign of connection to inner spirit and mind, but of some mischief in progress.
So i have my doubts that kids would sit and watch something quiet and holistic on their own.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think the most dangerous things for children right now are fast food and soft drinks. We can't even drink water anymore because of the flouride contamination that our wonderful government has gracefully given to us. It boggles the mind.

I think Spongebob Squarepants is about the last of our worries to be honest. I'm sure there is something going on with cartoons and just entertainment overall, but we have the option to turn that off and ignore it. When all of our food and drinks is being contaminated, what do we do?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Agreed. It's quite normal for children to be erratic at most times. Only intellectually and spiritually gifted children tend to be reserved and process holistically. I needed a lot of time to sit and contemplate. Would actually go inside my closet and curl up in a ball on the highest shelf and meditate for hours at a time. This isn't the norm, though. Most children have so much excess energy that they wanna shoot for the moon!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Television can do intense damage to the attention span, I've noticed by own younger siblings can barely sit down for a half-hour program on TV. Every five minutes or so its as if their brain takes a commercial break.

I also noticed commercials are typically LOUDER than the program you're watching.

I think too much TV is definitely a detriment to both adults and children and typically when I am watching TV its something like Mythbusters that at least attempts to blend a little education into the entertainment.

All things in moderation I say.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think all this meditation has gone to your brain and all your brainwaves are still, you've meditated them into non existence .

All the 10 or 11 principles are ridiculous. I think one of them refers to your breathing and telling you how to breathe. I'm pretty sure that most children know how to breathe, i would also bet that they can do it whilst doing other things. Its not hard. Meditation is an excuse to sit down!. Its no different from when my wife starts talking...I go into a useless daze and stare of at something letting my mind just go gaga!

All this meditation stuff is nonsense and you would be best of keeping it away from children who need activity and movement and sound to really develop.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I beleive the koreans do it.

IF you watched the South Korea v Greece match you would see how well they handled their emotions and kept very focused.

If they didn't meditate i would be amazed.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by C11H17N2NaO2S

How sad you've never experienced the benefits of proper meditation.

It's scientifically proven that certain meditative practices are highly beneficial in multiple departments. It not only improves cognitive function, but also helps people deal with stress, and heal from physical and emotional traumas more effectively.

Have you honestly not heard of this before? If you have, did you not try to find studies which confirmed or denied this? I promise they're out there for those who are willing to look.

Meditating in stillness, darkness, and quietude is the easiest way to attain a genius state of being.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ow yeah, and by the way, the horns in our cars is also for scrambling our brains! No seriusly, you could keep listing things up. The noise from music too.

top topics

join