It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just want a trustworthy friend!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by assasinforfather
.....But, only if you are interested in my mind and have a higher IQ than mine.

If you want a good friend don't insist that they measure up to some silly standard before you meet them. Just be as good and kind a friend as the one you seek.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The highest i scorred on an IQ test was "off the charts". I will be your friend, you just have to sign a waiver.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
That counts me out, my I.Q. is probably lower than a lot of those here at a mere 124. However I believe that there are many different types of intelligence that the I.Q. tests can't test for.

I agree that sometimes it is good to have high standards when it comes to the people in your life but sometimes when you make those high standards you miss out on having relationships with some really great people.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hi, you are hard to find on facebook...

a little more info maybe?

MM

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by assasinforfather
Is it wrong to seek worthy companions on this website. Can one (myself) admit to the aloneness of being alone? Please, facebook me. My name is Renee Harris. But, only if you are interested in my mind and have a higher IQ than mine.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by assasinforfather]

It's not wrong (depending on how you define it) but it's simply a fleeting relationship, so to speak. Could be more honest than even a real-life one, paradoxically, but definitely fleeting. Most people wouldn't attach much importance to it, I'd imagine.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
OP - You're doing this all wrong. YOU should have the higher IQ than your friends. They need to be as dumb as possible, thus propping up your ego. Come on that's how it works

Remember, this is YOUR movie, we are all just extras.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ThaLoccster
This is me, I have just changed my username since then. I have gotten a dog, for three years now. Yes, he helps with the loneliness, but I have yet, outside of my family, been able to find a true friend I can trust with all my thoughts. If I can't find someone to converse with on my level, what's the point in sharing my life with them? I have yet to find someone who whom I can have a meaningful conversation with without that person backing away.
It's funny how we can look back on past posts years later only to see I am still in the same boat.
BTW, I no longer, nor have in years, put my name out there like that on a forum seeking friendship.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Signals
I am a major smart a$$ and another reason why I can't draw in friends. I don't do small talk and I don't sugarcoat s#$t.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver
My request was sincere and just shows that I can tell a lot of people here on ATS are intelligent and not the people in my vicinity, outside my family of course. I never furthered this post until now and I still feel there are very intelligent people on this site. I would love to know if any form here are from the St. Louis area. I have been back home in St. Louis now for six years after being gone 25. I have learned so much from my journey's around the US and now I am planting my roots right back near home. It is so sad the way St. Louis has changed for the worse since I left.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kinglizard
I am as kind and respectful as I should be, I get bored with small talk and gossip and it probably becomes obvious to the other person. So, I start to bring up real issues and real discussions and they back away. I just can't relate to people on the surface, I have to dig down and get to know you for you, anyone can do small talk.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: assasinforfather

Why do they have to have a higher IQ?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

I just want someone on my level, I don't want someone I have to teach, I want someone to teach me.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: childoffather

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

I just want someone on my level, I don't want someone I have to teach, I want someone to teach me.

A real friendship takes work. I consider my best friend my brother. But it takes effort from both sides..you build the trust slowly.and you put up with the things you don't care for because at theend of the day he's the one who shows up with the plastic tarps and the hacksaw when you need him..

And for the record he is smarter than me..just not as wise..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic
Unfortunately, trust is hard when those closest to you are the ones who do the worst betrayal. When the right friend comes, I will know. I talk to people all day at work. I love people and I have not given up on humanity or the power of a beautiful friendship.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Maybe try building some relationships just by general use of boards like this? Then you can get a great feel for individuals (as well as the inverse) by their interactions with you and their post histories. Those post histories can be downright enlightening!

For people like me, we don't really use things like Facebook and tend to gravitate towards forum interactions in threads and PM. It may be a bit different than the norm of sites like FB, but if I remember correctly, there have even been marriages of people who met on ATS (and I'm sure other boards).

Many of us are a strange kind of weird, and some in the best possible way.

As for me personally, I'm an odd mix of condescending, verbose, know-it-all and total oblivious dumbass. I get obsessed with my own real-life work and that makes me flighty in online interactions, which isn't helped by recent events in my own life.

There are undoubtedly better options, but I think you will have the most success by just diving in to discussions. And, of course, avoiding the rampant drivel threads at all costs (whatever those might be to you). They seem to have the pull of a black hole and too many never escape their grasp!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join