It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just want a trustworthy friend!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Is it wrong to seek worthy companions on this website. Can one (myself) admit to the aloneness of being alone? Please, facebook me. My name is Renee Harris. But, only if you are interested in my mind and have a higher IQ than mine.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by assasinforfather]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I would suggest getting a dog.

No crudeness intended.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Everybody needs friends no need for crude remarks. What if that was you asking.?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by assasinforfather

So you think only people with a higher IQ are trustworthy? It's also kind of desperate imo to ask for people to be your friend. Why not chat on ATS in chat with like minded people first before you spam asking people to add you on FB.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Now there's an idea! Maybe ATS could have a meeting place for conspiracy theorists looking for love?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

I didn't intend to be crude, but I was sure my comment could be taken as such. Hence "no crudeness intended".

I was completely serious. Trustworthy people are few and far between.

And to star in a jar...

They already have sites for black people, fat people, interracial people, white people, convicts, people with herpes, why not a conspiricists love site?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The lowest I ever scored on an IQ test was 145.
And while I am a liar, I am trustworthy, i.e. I take responsibility that the lies I tell you will never come to your attention or cause you any problems.
(I think the last time a lie caused me any embarrassment was in 1993...I'm good at it.)

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

They already have sites for black people, fat people, interracial people, white people, convicts, people with herpes, why not a conspiricists love site?

Yeah! Or at least people who are 'awake' and less likely to be too materialistic or ignorant of facts... A meeting place for people in the know

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Is it wrong to seek worthy companions on this website. Can one (myself) admit to the aloneness of being alone? Please, facebook me. My name is Renee Harris. But, only if you are interested in my mind and have a higher IQ than mine.

I heard their pretty expensive now days.
Listen partner good friends can't be advertised for and they definetly can't be window shopped. There aren't any on Craig's list. I bet there's someone
close to you who is really all the friend you are meant to have right now.
Sounds like you better toughn up a little cause life, she's a bitch and she's com'in in heat again.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
hi Renee
there are multiple RHs on Facebook
so
do you need a friend to help free a trapped pet?

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You can meet some pretty good people on ATS...I have. Adding an avatar will get your posts noticed. Keep your cards close to your chest until you get to know people. Out here on the internet, it's like a 'masked ball' and you never can be sure who's behind the mask.

I guess the best thing is to get out and there and mingle

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
you never can be sure who's behind the mask.

So true...

So true, indeed.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

There are currently over 500 Renee Harris accounts on Facebook, so if you are serious and want ppl to befriend you, you'll need to give a little more info.

I don't have any friends. I am married, and we work together (real estate) all day every day, and when we get a break for us or me time, I log on and the wife surfs the tv. Sure we keep each other company and are bestest firends, but we know each other so well, and all we do is work work work, we have little to talk about without boring the other. Thats why I was somewhat interested in this post.

Having no friends is my own fault, of course. If I find me a good sci-fi or fantasy novel, not even my wife can get much of a response from me.

Temp

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by assasinforfather

[edit on 12-6-2010 by assasinforfather]

Hello,

Back in 1990 My IQ was 164 according to a Dr. who administered a psychological analysis on me.

If my IQ is higher than yours and I'm interested in your mind, how can you be sure I'm trustworthy enough to be your friend?

My wife and friends and peers can tell you if I am trustworthy, even my former employer(s). (Because now I work for myself).

I used to be alone too. I always sought solitude, so much so that I isolated myself in the process. I abstained from relationships, because of all the games people play. I built rock-solid boundaries.

Be careful who you be-friend on a social networking site. If you are so alone, it's got to be because you are developing your hidden gift/talent. The right people will come along at their given times. People on the net tend not to reveal their true colors. Don't give yours away to those who might wish to exploit them, and you in the process.

Myself, I won't be asking you to be my friend on FB. But you've found yourself a friend on this site, if you conclude I'm worthy.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

If it means anything....I just befriended you in your profile.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'm not saying this to be mean or flippant, but maybe you should consider getting real-life friends.

Don't get me wrong; I love my internet friends, but I doubt we'll ever have the same sort of connection that my real-life friends and I have.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Stay Alert!

Trust No One!

Keep Your Laser Handy!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by assasinforfather

Hi!

I guess my thoughts on you post is that first and foremost, you have to like yourself and be the friend to yourself that you are looking for in others. Know yourself and what you value and with that comes the people in your life that will also be who you want to know and have around. Remember, you cannot be a friend to others if you aren't first taking care of you. Right?

So, with that - no - it's not bad to admit that your lonely and looking for friends. That's actually a good thing. Step one, figure out what's missing and what you want, step two is to go get it. I think you will have a better time hanging around ATS and contributing here and getting to know people here, than asking people (from ATS) to join you on FB, but that's my opinion. Mostly, I think you should just give it some time and hang out. Not too much though because remember, your "real" life, "outside" life, is waiting for you too.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Ever since my return to the states I have realized who my true friends were. I know how it feels to be lonely and in another country for a long time but even though I am short on IQ points I am always trustworthy to those that I care. Good luck in finding your friends because now a days it gets harder as the world grows more dangerous and unfriendly.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I agree with ThaLoccster. Dogs are wonderful companions and can teach you a lot about patience, tolerance and just how to wring some joy out of life.

I've spent a lot of time on my own and one thing I can say with certainty is that you can lose your sense of discrimination when it comes to befriending others.

When you're lonely the most unsavoury people can look like potential friends just on the grounds that they show some interest in you. Because you've no-one else in your life they take on an importance that they don't merit.

I was only thinking the other day that if I'd had a dog earlier in life I could have avoided some real 'pieces of work'.

I think you're asking a lot on the IQ thing but you're dead right in wanting to befriend people you can trust. I think the best way to deal with people is to trust them (to a point) until they prove to be untrustworthy. Then drop them like a hot brick. No second chances.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join