It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment grounds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I apologize if my videos/links are out of whack, this is my first time posting a new thread.

I studied political science and Constitutional law for four years, so some of the recent events in US politics have been rather troubling to me. A few seem like strong grounds for impeachment of not only President Obama but possibly several other officials as well. I know many Presidents should have probably been impeached, but there is not a lot that we can do about past Executive FAIL, so please don't drag those up. Also, this is not a personal attack on the President. I am actually more disappointed in Congress than I am with him.

Constitutional grounds for impeachment: topics.law.cornell.edu...

The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.

Explanation and interpretation of high crimes and misdemeanors:
www.constitution.org...

Therefore, the appropriate subject matter for an impeachment and removal proceeding is the full range of offenses against the Constitution and against the rights of persons committed by subordinate officials and their agents which have not been adequately investigated or remedied.

The healthcare bill was passed in a matter that is unconstitutional. This interview with Ron Paul talks a bit about that www.youtube.com... Although some of Ron Paul's statements are not worth repeating, he makes a very good point from about :32 - 1:01 on why this bill is not Constitutional.

As for the whole oil spill situation, if any members of Congress or the President are proven to have had prior knowledge of the spill and could have taken action to prevent it or to lessen the damages, they could be charged with gross negligence. Obviously we are hearing things from both sides as to whether any of them KNEW about the likelihood of the spill or were even possibly INVOLVED in the spill. The oil (and whatever else may be spewing) has been killing lots of animals, contaminating the ocean, and throwing off the sea ecosystem. Additionally, these nasty waters are moving to shore and even inland via rivers and inlets. The health implications for citizens in affected areas is not good, particularly if hurricanes and/or flooding hit those areas while the oil is still there. Environmental damage and threat to human life are obviously serious matters. Do the politicians care? I would not bet my life on it. Could they have done something to prevent it? We shall see...

Unless some of you have access to documents that I have not seen, then this is still unproven speculation. But if it were proven, it would definitely be grounds for impeachment of those individuals.

Another example of negligence is their failure to take sufficient measures to protect the coast. Although some of you may find this particular blog to be dubious, I have seen the same story on other sites as well gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...
There is also the possibility for "obstruction of justice" charges. I know most of you are intelligent and are well-versed in the law, but for those who are not: en.wikipedia.org... Seriously, what is the hidden agenda here?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't disagree with you out of hand, but to me he should be impeached for not fulfilling rule number one, that is; to run for the office, you must be a natural born American Citizen. He shouldn't have been elible to run in the first place! If you start with fraud at square one, the whole process is illegitimate.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I agree with you on that one

I am suggesting that not only the President but various other elected officials may have committed acts that for all practical purposes serve as grounds for impeachment.

new topics

join