It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else think the G8/G20 Summit in Toronto is being purposely set up for a big riot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I mean, I live near Toronto, and I find that all these things that they're doing, are designed to purposely ignite a rage-filled riot (and i'm sure there will be many agent provocateurs to help this cause).

From spending almost a billion dollars (most of it on ridiculous sound cannons), to closing down the highways for political leaders (um, they're not even residents, and they can have the highway cleared for them? what about people who need to get to work? oh yeah i forgot they're not important), from apartment buildings sending letters to it's residents to find another place to stay for a week if they can (what? trying to make people find another place to stay for a week for political leaders? oh yeah, i forgot, ordinary citizens aren't important), to not paying for damage caused by riots, forcing hot dog vendors out of their designated spots (they're not important either). It all seems as if they're intentionally doing this to peeve people off, to make the riots more intense.

Toronto Police get 'sound cannons' for G8 Summit

Major Traffic Woes for G8 Summit

More information about what will happen to downtown core of Toronto during the Summit

Hot Dog vendors being forced out of their business

It really seems to me as if they're intentionally doing this to get people to be angry at these so called 'world leaders'. I know I'm pretty miffed about all of this, and it barely even affects me.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't even live anywhere near there, but got angry when I heard how much Harper wants to show off, by spending waaaayyyy more than any other country ever for this, and then to find out a large part of that is for a fake indoor lake? In the land of lakes? Is this really a good use for our over inflated taxes?

And to do it all around downtown Toronto. For that kind of money they could have built another town, near a lake, threw an extra large mosquito net over it, and held the G8/G20 there, where it wouldn't have affected so many people.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
i'm mad.
these globalist bastards get together to plan our demise, and we have to leave our apartments so they can have the city? we will get locked up in our workplaces? we're now paying for sound cannons that can permanently destroy our hearing?
we're paying for all of this crap!?

if people don't riot there is something wrong.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Dude same feeling..... something doesn't sit right..... like some example will be made.

"O they attacked the peaceful Canadians!! And not even a Billion dollars was enough to protect us!! Give us more power!!"

They are not spending this money to prevent terrorism.... They are spending it to protect themselves from there own people!

We are wise to the lies.

# you harper you sackless drone. You lead no country.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I agree with you OP.
too much mayhem for nothing.
I can understand a bit of increased security, but OVER THE TOP MUCH?
The fake lake tipped the scales for me.
Totally NOT necessary.
Who are you trying to impress Mr. Harper? Really?
Way better uses for that money.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
And apparently, the Canadian secret forces, (for those of you who don't know, that's Joint Task Force) have a 'secret plan' for the G8/G20 Summit 'should any acts of terrorism occur'

JTF2 Has "Secret Plan" for G8/G20 Summit

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Here's another link, so far, the only link I've found to back up my claims about the residents living within the 'red zone' being invaded. I actually saw the bit about tenants receiving a letter to find another place to stay if they could for the week of the summit in the news, last night, and I can't for the life of me find it. I'll keep looking though. Here's what I got so far

Citizens working or living within the "red" security zone that so far stretches for several city blocks will be subject to intrusive background checks, whilst a broader "traffic control" zone that encompasses most of the downtown core will be heavily policed. As has become standard procedure for such rendezvous of the elite, government and police authorities are planning to remove homeless people from the area. Even 600 residential summer school students from the University of Toronto, situated over a mile from the conference site, will be forced to relocate for "security reasons."

Source

G8/G20 summit will also apparently be jamming communications systems. For what? The article doesn't say (although I just skimmed through quickly) but I assume it's to stop those pesky terrorists from communicating with each other and to stop their evil dastardly plans of world domination!
G8/G20 to use 'wireless jamming'

[edit on 12-6-2010 by LususNaturae]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Your_Number_One_Fan
Dude same feeling..... something doesn't sit right..... like some example will be made.

"O they attacked the peaceful Canadians!! And not even a Billion dollars was enough to protect us!! Give us more power!!"

They are not spending this money to prevent terrorism.... They are spending it to protect themselves from there own people!

We are wise to the lies.

# you harper you sackless drone. You lead no country.

Actually, they are spending a billion dollars to PROTECT THE TERRORISTS. They just happen to be alleged world leaders. The whole security thing is pretty ridiculous, if you don't piss off your constituents to the point where they are desperate, nobody is going to want to do you harm. Unfortunately, these so called word leaders have every appearance by their actions of wanting to do everyone harm, except of course to a select few, their buddies.

It's stupid that these politicians think that they can displace parts of, or a whole city, for their own nefarious purposes. As far as Harper goes, he's just another shill. If we eventually get a real government, as opposed to meat puppets, maybe we can have some treason trials? Our present government is not operating in the interest of the citizens, the recent HST crap in Ontario is a perfect example.

What is totally retarded, is that a little chemistry and ballistic knowledge easily produces product that cannot be stopped by sound cannons and can be directed from miles away. On a more complex level, I was looking at marketing a little project to produce 6 foot drones with real time cameras/navigation on an encrypted comm's link, capable of carrying a 10 lb payload with a 50 mile operational radius. Since the technology is readily available to produce "mini-drones" that can be used as delivery systems or for reconnaissance, I would be more concerned with those than crowds. Unfortunately, since the government acquired the Erickson ground based radar system, even ground movement can be monitored in real time.

The future is coming fast! Learn skills that will benefit you and those you care about.

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 6/12.2010 by bobs_uruncle]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Without even plunging too deep into what the true purpose of all that crap is, just imagine all the money that could be given to the starving people throughout the world that is instead going to build a "fake lake" (wth?) and all the other crap going on.

I feel this way everytime I see how much money is spent by politicians in the US to fund their stupid smear-tactic campaigns. This is just another example and it pisses me off. But we're just little peons, what can we do?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Yea absolutely they are the terrorists. Why not have their little party in a remote helicopter accessed cabin. Quiet cheap and away from the public. But nooo0o0o it needs to be a stage for the world to see. An example.

Full on skills I just hope I've got a year left to complete a course in solar, wind, geothermal and biofuel production.

I've been printing of so much on making all sorts of # for survival.... incase one day the internets gone all I need is printed and protected.

Grew up in the 2nd highest city in Canada skills are bred into us.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
sigh... if security is an issue and it costs this much why dont they use a video conference with encryptian. Way cheaper and protestors could carry out their protests in powder-kegless environment.

This getting together in a city every year and the disturbance it causes, all for a meeting we are never privvy to. Its undemocratic in the extreme and an irrational solution given the wireless communication abilites we have today.

Its such a shame.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
sigh... if security is an issue and it costs this much why dont they use a video conference with encryptian. Way cheaper and protestors could carry out their protests in powder-kegless environment.

This getting together in a city every year and the disturbance it causes, all for a meeting we are never privvy to. Its undemocratic in the extreme and an irrational solution given the wireless communication abilites we have today.

Its such a shame.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
BUSTED
and they just carry on in the press like Canadians have no attention span which is a dead give away about just how things are really rigged.
I run into certain types of people especially those that share Harper's
religious affiliation that are just over the top STUPID about
facing the reality of the situation
which is half of how they are getting away with this

then there are the hard working people who think ignoring the truth will preserve what ever wealth they have squirreled away

remember the quote from the protestant minister in Nazi Germany
after ignoring all the people taken by the state?
...and then when they came for me there was no one left to speak up ...

and what happened to the middle class in EVERY totalitarian take over ever?
bye bye property....

and then there's the
"Who do you think you are "BS
when you try to point out the provable facts...
I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE...?!!???

what was the text book version of insanity again?
"doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result"

Welcome to the reserve baby...drink your floridated cool aid here...

Stop SPP Protest - Union Leader stops provocateurs
www.youtube.com...

Smart Old Dude...spotted the Cops VIOLATING THE PUBLICS TRUST.
WHY ARE These Police Officers ? dressed up and acting like terrorists in CANADA ?
HITLER used the Brown-shirts to start off his NAZI PARTY ?
In much the same way.

www.stopatlantica.org.../186
"Little did we know at the time --though it was suspected-- that agent provocateurs, in other words the "plain-clothes officers" that the police had admitted to planting with our line, had started the violence. After six hours of peaceful protest the police agents began to throw rocks at the police on the line, which resulted in the police retaliating against peaceful protesters. Indeed several times during the day police were seen hand signaling with "protesters". Other "protesters" were breaking apart the asphalt and using one of our bucket-drums in order to collect rocks and place them near the median. When one member of my group heard about this he spent several hours collecting the rocks and throwing them over a fence where they could not be used"

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Finally someone who thinks the same. I think they are trying to raise some sort of pre-panic and excitement in people. I work in some dinky salad store in the designated yellow zone of the summit and I have to get a security badge, cross check points (that are not being disclosed as to where the locations are), and be monitored at work while I work.

It's lame. Oh, and Harper spending 2 million dollars on a fake lake? What a joke, especially when it is clearly to show off.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I completely agree, there is no reason for conducting these summits in major cities, when "they" know it always causes riots. After last years, and the videos of police infiltrating protesters and purposely trying to turn peaceful protests into violent ones. I can't believe they continue to waste this much time and money on a meeting. They could meet in some rural back country location, and not cause hardly any major riots.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKultraVideos
I completely agree, there is no reason for conducting these summits in major cities, when "they" know it always causes riots. After last years, and the videos of police infiltrating protesters and purposely trying to turn peaceful protests into violent ones. I can't believe they continue to waste this much time and money on a meeting. They could meet in some rural back country location, and not cause hardly any major riots.

Hey, it's just like Iraq in 1990/91.... The US sells weapons and strokes Saddam to invade Kuwait so that the US can test enemy response and of course test all those "new" weapons against a live enemy in real time. Battlefield preparedness it's called. Staging these meetings is along the same lines, they buy a load of equipment for crowd suppression in order to test crowd reactions. It gives them a bit more information of better suppression methods every time they do this. And each time the rioters fall for it and never go in prepared. BTW, the way to defeat the sound cannons is to produce an equivalent sound that is directly inverse and then fire it at an area you want protected. A few kw's of amplifiers and big speakers should do the trick. Oh and do you know why they don't like lasers? A 10watt laser spread/diffused properly can cause 10 to 20 minutes of blindness through retinal heating. To circumvent low level laser weapons and save your eyes, use Brewster window sunglasses that have both 665nm and 850nm wavelength control.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hey now THAT'S some useful information, bob_myuncle.

I'm not going to lie. Before all of this, I was barely aware of what the G20/G8 was. I still don't really know, alls I know is that it's bunch of big-wigs that lots of people apparently hate enough to try and kill. These people then, knowing that, appear in countries that they are apparently not welcome and expect the government to.... do something about it.

Of course people are going to protest, and I think that maybe I should start doing a little bit more digging, about the protest organizations. I linked to one of them in the OP, titled "Other things to expect ..."

And that wasn't the only website devoted to that cause, there were a few, dedicated just to this summit. Be back with more info.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
"G20 Toronto Mobilize" Protest website

At first glance it doesn't even really look like a protest website, but further digging reveals that they want your information. This could, of course, be potentially harmless, however as I am not particularly interested in making the trip to Hunstville/Toronto to go to their 'planning' meetings, I can't say for certain that it isn't harmless. A quote from the website, when you click "Join Us"

Join our mailing list by adding your name and email on the right, join us on facebook and follow us on twitter.

The Toronto Community Mobilization Network meets monthly to collaborate on events leading up to and during the G8 and G20 Summits in Huntsville and Toronto. Locations and times of plans are updated in the schedule.

Again, probably totally harmless. I'm just spreading the info.
Clicking on "Activist Toolkit" gave me an interesting link...

"The Peoples Summit 2010" Counter-Summit meetings?

This website appears to be the anti-thesis of the current summit. They are striving for a "democracy" which they define as:

What we mean by democracy is the full participation of a diversity of voices and a recognition of the importance of space for disagreement as a necessary part of a democratic process. Though we strive to reach consensus, we realize that differences of opinion can be harnessed in positive ways. A democratic process will give equal voice to participating groups and will seek to be aware of and upfront about issues of power.

Source

And, when you look at the "Steering Committee Members" you will see the link mentioned before this one, the 'Toronto Community Mobilization Network'. Could be something fishy, but again, probably not.

I might look at some other 'protest' website, tomorrow. So far, nothing that has really caught my attention too much (except for that definition of democracy... I mean, sure it sounds good, on paper, but isn't that basically what "THEIR" version of democracy is written? Again, probably nothing, though.

Peace,
LususNaturae

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
K... I'm watching the G20 riots on live on CNBC and as we're watching these two police cars burn in the street.. and the reporters and pretty much everybody was assuming that the rioters set them on fire.. but NONONO.. THEY JUST SAID "the two police cars were already in poor condition and put there by the police and set on fire to make the protesters feel as though they had caused damage, and indeed they did"...

So it looks like this is going to be a show for the media.. where these peaceful protesters are going to be made to look violent...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
del

edit on 18-1-2011 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join