It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England or ABE (anyone but England)?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
reply to post by woogleuk

hahaha you are soooo funny ... the disalowed goal would have made not a scarp of difference to the outcome. England were attrocious and thats that.

Regarding Scotland or any of the other home teams, sure they didn't qualify, but they are minnows compared to England and it's resources. N Ireland should have gone thro over France but for the hand ball incident.

Scotland are poor, but we accept it and don't go making ourselves out to be something we are not. It's difficult with the rubbish league we have up here for our boys to get much quality football. England players are playing with the best week in and week out.

Anyway there are a lot of good Scottish managers running English teams not to mention the Scottish football pundits on telly. It shows we have the knowledge and ideas just not the talent on the ground.

Maybe they should put a Scot in charge of the England squad ... maybe then Scots would get behind them.

Dont you dare call my country n ireland
give me a break.....

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Maradona is / was a cheat.

In addition he is very arrogant, not a nice person at all.

Get of the stage man , Frank Sinatra was a Bollox but he still had a great voice lol

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE

Originally posted by Freeborn

Maradona is / was a cheat.

In addition he is very arrogant, not a nice person at all.

Get of the stage man , Frank Sinatra was a Bollox but he still had a great voice lol

You said it.

All those people are bad in some form.

You telling me all the money in footie that players do not touch drugs?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

give me a break.....

.. soz m8 my bad. I shud know better my Dad is from Sligo.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Last of the English foot ball jokes, have lost the heart now they are coming home (see my song was appropriate, just not in time)

The England team have had their travel plans changed so that they can fly into Glasgow airport so they can get a hero's welcome

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

No, he's a horrible man.

That's one thing I'm just not prepared to concede anything on.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

give me a break.....

Yea sound like youv taking in the UK thing to Hart, Ireland has never been part of the UK and it never will be part of the UK, but still iv been following England since my dad lifted me over the turn stills at anfield when i was 11 in 1961! when Ireland are not playing i follow Scotland an England but never orange n Ireland.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

give me a break.....

Yea sound like youv taking in the UK thing to Hart, Ireland has never been part of the UK and it never will be part of the UK, but still iv been following England since my dad lifted me over the turn stills at anfield when i was 11 in 1961! when Ireland are not playing i follow Scotland an England but never orange n Ireland.

I don't know what your problem is mate.... but you sound like a biggot.

I got no time for biggots

I'm supporting Holland

[edit on 28-6-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Seems to me you worked that one out correctly.

If I had to choose anyone it would be Holland or Spain.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
naaaaa im no Bigot i just prefer the Home Countries to the British Isles or the UK! by the way i love Holland an have followed them for years! an im a Liverpool fan old school! PS wasent been personal, just coming from a true Scots man it sounded strange mixing up N Ireland with the Republic of Ireland!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I didn't mix them up. I know the difference. It was a mistake to think it was N I that lost out to France, when it was Eire. I already admitted that. I did think it was NI and only realised my mistake when you pointed it out.

Why do you refer to NI as Orange ?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

en.wikipedia.org...

They make the rest of us protestants look bad.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by mr-lizard
But we got further than France and Germany.

You have not been further than germany since 1966, lol.

I think you need edit, and replace with italy.

oops yeah you're right. My bad.

I meant Italy

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigitScotland, Ireland and Wales are out so I'd have thought folk would automatically start rooting for their nearest neighbour.

Would the Dutch support the Germans? Would the Russians support the Chinese? Probably not. So why should neighbours of England support them?

I'll be rooting for Argentina, a selection of fine players that play fine football.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by bigyin

en.wikipedia.org...

They make the rest of us protestants look bad.

Yea I know what an Orangeman is ... the point is anybody who sees NI as 'Orange' has in my view got bigotted tendancies .... hence my question.

I know people in NI both protestant and catholic but I don't make any difference between them. To me they are all from NI. I also know people from Eire, both Catholic and Protestant, same with Scotland and England.

It shouldn't make any difference what somebodies religion is, what has that got to do with anything.

It's the bigots that make such a big deal about it and create differences and tensions.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I couldn't have put it any better, thank you.

From a very proud Englishman who just happens to be Catholic, not that it should matter one little bit!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I coulden care less ether! what i ment was that n ireland has never had catholic players just like rangers in scotland, and most of there players come of the back of rangers an i cant stand rangers!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Mo Johnstone.
Marco Negri.
Nacho Novo.

All Rangers players, all Catholics.

Oh, and I'm a Celtic fan, but this sectarian nonsense is shear bollocks and has no place in football or society as a whole!

Martin O'Neill.
Managed Celtic and played for Northern Ireland over 60 times.
Numerous Catholics have represented Northern Ireland at various sports.

Your post is complete and utter bollocks!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hands up im sorry, i just cant get into n ireland as a team! but i do with england scotland but not wales, just me, mind you i cant stand switzerland ether..forgive me ! i just got carried away

[edit on 29-6-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join