It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England or ABE (anyone but England)?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Maradona is a cheat!

He is in my top three people in football who I have an intense dislike of.
And this World Cup has not altered my opinion,

1.Sepp Blatter.
2.Michel Platinini.
3.Diego Maradona.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I wasn't making excuses, yes we played crap. That said, we still got further than Italy or France and actually qualified in the first place, unlike Scotland. What excuses have you got, besides you're team sucks even more than England?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJBB22
This morning there were only 1 or 2 flags still hanging up on houses, the pubs were empty and all was quiet, funny how the British people are only patriotic when England play in the world cup, not realizing England is not England anyone and hasn't been for a very long time, it's now the United Kingdom.

Sorry, what? So it's ok for Scotland to be unique and "exist"? It's ok for Wales to be unique and "exist", but when the English try and do it it's "England doesn't exist anymore, it's the UK"? I am sick to the back teeth with this attitude towards England.

And people do care about the country after the World Cup is finished. The reason why most keep it under wraps the rest of the time is because funny-minded left-wingers and petty nationalists from the other nations make it so "evil" to display any patriotism for England or St George the rest of the time, it isn't worth the hassle to make it so public.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by bigyin

I wasn't making excuses, yes we played crap. That said, we still got further than Italy or France and actually qualified in the first place, unlike Scotland. What excuses have you got, besides you're team sucks even more than England?

England get seeded and that helps them get rubbish teams in qualifying.

Oh how the world is happy this morning, england are out again.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Oh please, Andy! England were seeded in qualification because they are a better team and it is fair to spread them around the groups, hence the seeding, than having several face off in one group with a minnow as whipping boy.

Scotland also had a very easy group with only the Dutch as a potent threat. The other 3 in the group were Norway, macdeonia and Iceland! Come on, Scotland should beat those three! But no, they flopped and worse than England did.

It's funny how it's apparently the English making excuses for yesterday, but all I can hear are excuses for why Scotland never even had to board a plane to SA!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The media is to blame for definate when it comes to this ABE nonesense.

1966 etc etc etc.

You can't blame the fans for being patriotic and wanting to see the team win, i'm sure the american fans were rooting just as hard for their team, same as the rest of the countries.

I honestly believe if that second goal had been allowed, we could have won it, there was this sudden surge of enthusiasm which got thrown right out of the window after that. At the very least it would have been 3-2, or penalties.

You know who I blame, that ref.............should've gone to specsavers

EDIT: I also realise England have performed poorly throughout, thats Fabio's fault for not ensuring Rooney had enough clean nappies. (and Germanys pre-school squad were quite good)

[edit on 28/6/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

reply to post by bigyin

I am supporitng Ghana now. In true English style, I will back the underdogs!

But, we can take something from this World Cup, we got further than France or Italy and at least we qualified, unlike Scotland

I'm sorry I can't speak right now, my sides are splitting. I just can't stop laughing at the pathetic exuses I keep hearing about why they got gubbed.

England are rubbish ..... simpeeeles

***put's on running shoes for quick exit ... before airbourne missiles start flying my way from england supporters***

I read a couple of jokes about England's loss last night and your post sort of confirms one of them at least;

1/ >>>WEATHER WARNING

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I'm gonna bite the bullet.

Germany were the better team, although i DO think our morale wouldn't have been as rattled if we'd have been allowed the equalising goal. I think we'd have played harder to retain the equalisation.

But we got further than France and Germany.

Now that we're out i'll be rooting for Scotland........... Oh wait, they never even made it into the world cup. Hmm...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

hahaha you are soooo funny ... the disalowed goal would have made not a scarp of difference to the outcome. England were attrocious and thats that.

Regarding Scotland or any of the other home teams, sure they didn't qualify, but they are minnows compared to England and it's resources. N Ireland should have gone thro over France but for the hand ball incident.

Scotland are poor, but we accept it and don't go making ourselves out to be something we are not. It's difficult with the rubbish league we have up here for our boys to get much quality football. England players are playing with the best week in and week out.

Anyway there are a lot of good Scottish managers running English teams not to mention the Scottish football pundits on telly. It shows we have the knowledge and ideas just not the talent on the ground.

Maybe they should put a Scot in charge of the England squad ... maybe then Scots would get behind them.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Some very good Scottish footballers, I for one wouldn't be foolish enough to doubt that.

And as for a Scottish manager, sure... We couldn't do much worse. I'd be up for that.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Englander des vorld cuup is over for you! lol

ps now yea know how we felt last november with frances hand of GOD

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

We already know what it's like to be cheated.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well....wtf

Once again I stand proud whilst the national anthem is playing, I have goose pimples and feel like im welling up. The very thought of MY country standing up to all others and playing with pride and spirit.....Well that didnt happen and im pi$$ed right off.
As a loyal MUFC fan I was very excited to see Roo man on the main stage, and I have to say im very dissapointed in him and all the squad.
As I picked Holland in the works sweepsteak their my new team....cmon the orange.....err people

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

What about all the times you cheated others?

Your countries history of sports is cheating, just because you may not know all there is, does not make your country clean of cheating.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
reply to post by woogleuk

Maybe they should put a Scot in charge of the England squad ... maybe then Scots would get behind them.

Lol, yeah "GET READY...............TAKE AIM............F...."

And hey, I live on the border, I spend a lot of time in your wee bonny country, love it, so I aint taking a pop at you Scots :-p

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
But we got further than France and Germany.

You have not been further than germany since 1966, lol.

I think you need edit, and replace with italy.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJBB22
This morning there were only 1 or 2 flags still hanging up on houses, the pubs were empty and all was quiet, funny how the British people are only patriotic when England play in the world cup, not realizing England is not England anyone and hasn't been for a very long time, it's now the United Kingdom.

Sorry, what? So it's ok for Scotland to be unique and "exist"? It's ok for Wales to be unique and "exist", but when the English try and do it it's "England doesn't exist anymore, it's the UK"? I am sick to the back teeth with this attitude towards England.

And people do care about the country after the World Cup is finished. The reason why most keep it under wraps the rest of the time is because funny-minded left-wingers and petty nationalists from the other nations make it so "evil" to display any patriotism for England or St George the rest of the time, it isn't worth the hassle to make it so public.

That's not what I meant about England. As for Wales and Scotland, they should be separate nations.

England belongs to Rome now, and has for a long time. Maybe you took what I said the wrong way?

It is worth the hassle, in fact, maybe if the British were more patriotic we could all stand together and take back our country , what good is it to be under a tyrannical government that incites fear? the only patriotic time we have is every 4 years when the World Cup rolls around and even then it's football , instead of our rights and freedoms!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by Freeborn

What about all the times you cheated others?

Your countries history of sports is cheating, just because you may not know all there is, does not make your country clean of cheating.

What on earth are you talking about Andy?

Give me one example of England cheating.

Your anti-English inane ramblings are beginning to get quite tedious Andy.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Maradona is a cheat!

He is in my top three people in football who I have an intense dislike of.
And this World Cup has not altered my opinion,

1.Sepp Blatter.
2.Michel Platinini.
3.Diego Maradona.

Aaaa come on Maradona was great Man all his football life, same for Thierry Henry i just dont hold a grudge O wait i forgot about that wanker Sepp Blatter lol

[edit on 28-6-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Maradona is / was a cheat.

In addition he is very arrogant, not a nice person at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join