It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP to sell 'Spill oil' at the pumps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Fill her up with spill oil? When British Petroleum sells the crude from the leaking well in the Gulf of Mexico, the oil could end up at gas stations.

BP said it would use the net revenue made from selling the crude to fund wildlife protection efforts in four Gulf Coast states, the Associated Press reports.

The company did not explain the specifics of how much money will be put into the fund. BP said in a recent press release the amount will be based on how much oil is collected and the price at which the oil is sold.

Since the collected oil contains a high concentration of methanol, BP expects that each barrel will sell at a lower price than regular crude.

Read the Story from USA Today

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
cant really see what else they would do with it.

seems kind of pointless, to just store the oil, when it can be used.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Ironically this was already predicted on the internet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17b694c17568.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
B.P needs to give out this oil to be used in the boats for the cleanup...

By give out i mean give it away for free! We wont have the gulf back to normal for a long time now so they should fail as a company and go bankrupt.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Ok?

So, of course they are going to sell what they reclaim at the pumps!
Big deal.

Why is this a conspiracy?
These are normal business tactics.
Recycle, and re-use.

Not a problem, as far as I can see, this is what a company should do.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well, i have a better idea. Kick BP out of the gulf permanently, collect the oil, and give it to another company. Screw BP, with all their lies and obstructing, they do not deserve a cent from this, not one penny.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by R2JEW2

I agree. They should use the this gasoline in the vehicles that are being / will be used for cleanup, free of charge. Afterall, they're supposed to be paying for the cleanup anyway.

Anyone know how much we're talking about? It can't be very much.

reply to post by havok

Why would you assume that author's of threads are saying every thread topic is a conspiracy? They may just think it's worthy of discussion.

[edit on 12/6/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I never liked BPs tactics or flippant attitude during all of this.

I've boycotted BP. I know I'm only one measly person, but its the principle of the matter for me.

I wish others would boycott BP too.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869

I've boycotted BP. I know I'm only one measly person, but its the principle of the matter for me.

I wouldn't buy BP gas if it was 0.01 a gallon. They can rot in hell.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

if it was 0.01 cent a gallion ide buy all B.PS oil then re-sell it and make huge profit and then fund some lobbyists in the U.S.A (im canadian) to sway opinions and try B.P for crimes against humanity and crimes against mother nature (perhaps a new kind of charge) /stops dreaming...

Yea they can rot in hell! (even if hell is just another term to promote mind control!)

[edit on 12-6-2010 by R2JEW2]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Failure. Again. Failure. BP = Bankrupt, Please.

The collected oil should be refined at BP's expense and given free to the fishermen trying to fight the oil and help with cleanup. It should be used for BOAT fuel! Period.

I can't take much more of this. Seriously. Put me in a room with the BP CEO, please. 10 minutes. That's all I want. I promise he'll do 'the right thing' after I'm finished with him.

In certain older civilized cultures, when somebody failed as badly as the BP CEO has, they would throw themselves on a sword. I happen to have a sword. Where can I send it? I'll even pay the shipping costs.

EDIT: The ATS staff need to fix their BBCode issues. This is ridiculous. I know of some GREAT OPEN SOURCE PHP code you can use! Yeah, I've had a bad morning. My girl BIT me. On purpose!

[edit on 12-6-2010 by The Theorist]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by elcapitano75

I wouldn't buy BP gas if it was 0.01 a gallon. They can rot in hell.

I bet you buy BP gas all the time and do not know it. Gas and oil are bought, sold and trade just like everything esle. Just because you do not get gas at a BP station does not mean it did not come from BP. Boycott BP all you want. It does help get your point across to them but in the end it does little to hurt them.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Your not alone, i am boycotting BP also

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by oubliette

Your not alone, i am boycotting BP also

I've been boycotting BP since 1998 when I filled up a tank of gas at a BP and it ruined the vehicle.

The stupid thing is that the CEO of BP will not cut his salary this year. It'll be extravagant and we all know that when the number comes out, and it will, he'll come under intense fire.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Well, personally I get all my gas at the local LUKOIL (we know where that comes from), and HESS which i believe is mostly canadian? Of course, OIL being what is it, nowadays it's probably all mixed up anyway. A shame we can't stick it to them directly. Even more a shame the govt. plays softball with them. What a sad situation the whole thing is.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I bet you buy BP gas all the time and do not know it. Gas and oil are bought, sold and trade just like everything esle. Just because you do not get gas at a BP station does not mean it did not come from BP. Boycott BP all you want. It does help get your point across to them but in the end it does little to hurt them.

I was wondering the same thing when i was filling up the other night. I dont know of any BP stations around here but I thought i could still be pumping BP into my Honda.

top topics

join