It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is to stop a disinfo agent becoming a mod?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
People that have real power will use any and all means to maintain that power.

TPTB have infiltrated all aspects of freedom fighting medias. As with all media now there are, I am sure some disinformation agents here and there. Whats more, some of them aren't even aware of it (research mind control).

Then again, most mods are like the rest of us just people that come to the table with their own unique experiences, prejudices, likes and dislikes.

For the most part, I think they do a very good job and it's a hard one because of the nature of this site.

I have noticed some forums are closed too quickly and I think a explanation at the end of the forum as to why it was closed would be nice.

Also, some of the newer stuff coming onto ATS seems to me (and it's only my opinion but I'm entitled to it) are getting mainstream stupid in order to attack more non thinkers to the site.

One last thought: ATS and the other alternative news and conspiracy sites are the last stronghold against the forces of darkness that would prefer the majority of people remain asleep, stupid and compliant.

Real knowledge is power.

Sites like this will constantly be under attack from both without and within -I haven't watched Fox, CNN or any of the large owned propaganda news information distributors in quite a while. I come to ATS almost daily to investigate what others are thinking on the "news" we are being provided.

ATS has a wide following, you can bet your money, TPTB have to some extent, infiltrated all levels of this site - they would be stupid not to because this site is where a lot of intellegent people gather to discuss what is really going on and we're talking thousands of souls each day visit here.

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Hence that general is skilful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skilful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack.”.-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

All warfare is based on deception. Sun Tzu

Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. Sun Tzu

It is essential to seek out enemy agents who have come to conduct espionage against you and to bribe them to serve you. Give them instructions and care for them. Thus doubled agents are recruited and used. Sun Tzu

It is only the enlightened ruler and the wise general who will use the highest intelligence of the army for the purposes of spying, and thereby they achieve great results. Sun Tzu

And make no mistake, we are at war - the question everyone should be asking is with whom?

[edit on 12-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
That's what the alert / complaint buttons are for. Use them if you feel it's warranted. I would assume that if enough alerts / complaints were received then action would be taken. Otherwise, let it slide... it really doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things anyway.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Chadwickus
They can't just ban people, or delete any old post they see fit because other mods and administration can see what they're doing.
It seems to be a lot of effort for not much gain

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Check this thread and check page 2 or 3 (the one with the links) - this is the current discussion about mods taking sides and not being neutral.
A mod doesn't have to delete a post , but i imagine a mod will NEVER have his /her post deleted by another mod.

I see what you mean. And I have experienced it myself.
I've been on this rock for over half a century. And I've seen and experienced many risings and many downfalls. If ATS doesn't get their Mods in check, to be unbiased, and be fair, then this it the beginning of the end. Included in this are the hate threads.
Just about enough rope has been given to this situation, and the gallows, are escaped, by no one.
Stars and flag 4 U.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Good post...
You explained the point that i was trying to get across a lot better then i did.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Funny, I have seen the “death toll” of ATS many times, even before I was a member. It has not taken place yet. I have noticed though an increase (this happens every so often then it quiets again) in people whining because they cannot follow the rules they agreed to follow when they joined (this makes me wonder why they joined to begin with).

That being said, this is why I love ATS. No matter what there is always a bogie man behind a tree and there is always someone out to get someone else, a conspiracy can be found with every step.

Raist

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Funny, I have seen the “death toll” of ATS many times, even before I was a member. It has not taken place yet.

Don't gt me wrong. I don't want ATS to fail either. I said what I said to draw attention from the admins/owners to address the problem. From what you are saying, this problem rose before, it was alleviated, and the forum continued.
This is the foundation of my comment.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Normally the toll was about new members started silly threads and disinfo agnents the normal conspiracy stuff. Only seeing the mod thing recently from a few.

My point was ATS has kept rolling just as strong as ever despite the posts that state otherwise.

Raist

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
But could this whole questioning of the mods be a deliberate attempt by TPTB to undermine the credibility of ATS in order to prevent the truth about cats and dogs* getting out?
One has to consider the possibility!

* not literally cats and dogs, although if you knew the truth about them you would be amazed, but something else which I cannot mention lest I draw attention to whatever is that this criticism of mods is intended to prevent being revealed.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

That would mean some are frightened by the information that is getting out thanks to ATS. Interesting theory. This would mean that some members are disinfo agents putting their persona off on the mods.

I love a good conspiracy. ATS always has one as I said with every step.

Raist

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
To be honest, members that I see labelled as disinformation agents are just in fact...people with different opinions. After the petty, rude bashing of each other and when one has run out of comebacks, they use the disinfo agent line. Each Mod has their own opinion, their own identity. They themselves are disinfo agents at times...I've seen well researched posts counteracting with the original post. They are just stating their opinion and branded disinfo agents. Therefore in my opinion, all mods are disinfo agents at some time - we all are. But this name calling, labelling is pretty babyish if you ask me.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It wouldn't make any difference at all since as mod you have no extra powers worth speaking of.

A mod can not simply delete or edit any post he disagrees with. All a mod can do is delete spam-posts and paste T+C violating posts with the familiar sticker. These actions are supervised and not simply up to the mods gut feeling. There are guidelines and there is peer-review.

So to summarize: A "disinfo agent" would be pretty stupid to actually go through the whole process of becoming a mod just to further his "disinfo-agenda" since, as I pointed out above, he would not gain any additional powers that could help him with disinfoing.

Is it just me or is this thread simply a rehash of the other guys rant-thread where he basically accused the mods of conspiring against his so called "stating of facts?"

You guys seriously overstimate the power of the mods. Smart up and read T+C and the other stuff on ATS Issues and you'll see that this particular worry is totally unfounded.

If whoever pays "disinfo-agents" is stupid enough to tolerate their "agents" infiltrating this site to become mods then we have nothing to fear of them.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Many times I have a dissenting view, I get labeled a disinfo agent even though nobody has ever proven that a disinfo agent even exists.

Again, there is no reason for the mythical disinfo agent(s) to waste their time here.

The mods should be allowed to have their own opinions, whatever they may be, without getting this silly label held over their heads. The vast majority of mods, do a great job here so I'm not sure why anyone would bother creating a thread like this in the first place ?????

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I'm not actually accusing any mods of being disinfo agents

Of course not

top topics

<< 1   >>

join