It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Final Update) Young Boy Hero in Critical Condition

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Lesson to parents :

Teach your child to swim when they're infants, and take them swimming a lot! it's one of the most important skills they can develop. I know in this case the pool was hazardous with lots of debris in it, but some pool experience would have allowed them to recognize the danger more easily.

Yes, the parents should have been keeping an eye on them, but even at 5 is this possible for 100% of the time? I grew up in the countryside, so maybe it was different for me, but at that age I was often out playing on my own in local woods and quarries. (stories of the giant child-eating Pike in the quarry lake probably helped me stay safe as well..)

having said all that though...my prayers/thoughts go to Donnie and his family.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
One of the things my sister does with her children aged 2..4..and 8 is put little life jackets on them when there around pools, that way there safe if they fall in, giving you enough time to scoop them back out

[edit on 13-6-2004 by asala]

[edit on 13-6-2004 by asala]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
my daughter will be 12 next month, she was taught to swim at a very early age, around 4 or 5, as we had her in day care at the YMCA.

To this day, she loves the water and swimming and each and everytime, she is still warned of the dangers and to pay attention and be careful.

She recently went camping with her Mom and some people, they were riding jet skis, and I asked her if she had a vest and she said absolutely, the owner wouldn't let you on without one.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
God our Father,
In your mercy and kindness, we ask mercy upon out our brother, Donnie. We ask you Father to watch over him, to grant him your peace, to provide him your healing, and to restore him to what he was was in your creation. We ask this in the name of Jesus, the only Son of God our Father, Amen.

God our Father, please hear our prayers and restore this little boy to the fullness of your creation now, and forever, Amen!

Amen!

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Does anyone have an update on this little hero?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlterEgo
Does anyone have an update on this little hero?

Sorry AlterEgo, I have been following this case with all the resources I have.. As of this moment all I can tell you is that Donnie is still in a very bad place somewhere between the living and the dead. He is in very critical condition as of the last report given by the local media in Chicago. However the family is stll strong in faith and pleading for prayers. it will take time for the ultimate outcome to be known. And right now the best anyone can do is pray or send cards or letters, maybe make a donation to the fund if you wish... Until we have more that is all we can do.

Gazz

[edit on 14-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
the little boy has died...
the only people i blame are the people standing around while he was drowning...why the HELL would you just stand there and watch...JUMP IN...was it just because the water was dirty? I mean damn...what is their excuse?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I am shocked and deeply sad right now as with most of you I had hoped for better news....

A 6-year-old boy has died after spending a week in critical condition after saving a 5-year-old girl who slipped into a Chicago Ridge pool.

Donald Houser-Richerme, of 10546 Brooks Lane in the southern suburb, was pronounced dead at 10:41 a.m. Monday at Advocate Hope Children's Hospital in Oak Lawn, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office spokeswoman.

The boy had apparently been playing with his 4-year-old brother and the girl on June 7 when he leaped into the pool after the girl fell in, according to Chicago Ridge Deputy Fire Chief Scott Durling and Chicago Ridge police Chief Timothy Baldermann.

The boy saved 5-year-old Karah Moran from drowning in a half-empty pool at an apartment complex in Chicago Ridge. He was under water anywhere from five to 20 minutes.

The boy's mother, Michelle Cartolano, called Baldermann on Monday to tell him her son had died.

"That family has been through an awful lot this past week, and throughout the whole ordeal they've shown a lot of dignity, class and strength," said Baldermann.

www.nbc5.com...

I cannot find words to express myself right now.

I know this boy inspired me and I hope he is in a better place now. May God be with his family loved ones and friends. and all of those who followed this story hoping and praying with us. Donnie is our hero. forever and always.

Gazz

[edit on 15-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

My heart goes out to his parents.

Thank you very much for keeping us informed on the situation with this brave little guy. I wish the world had been able to have his soul a bit longer.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is so sad. My husband and I will say a prayer for the little boy tonight before we go to sleep.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Oh no......
I was hoping he would recover.....

*sniffle*

This is terribly sad.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
For those of you who haven't clicked on the link...

'"Due to overwhelming requests, we have established a fund for Donny called the Donald Houser-Richerme Fund," his mother, Michelle, said in the release.

The fund was set up at Founders Bank, at 6825 W. 111th St. in Worth, Ill., 60482, according to the statement.

"Our families greatly appreciate your donations and cards," the mother said in the release.'

For those that wish to make a donation.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This is awfull news, I was hoping like everyone else that he would recover,

But just think, this little boy has touched alot of peoples hearts and his memory lives on, I mean we are all taking about it, and im sure those who have children on this site will just be that bit more carefull. so his story has maybe even saved a life!

My heart is with his family,

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is truly sad for his family and those who knew him and prayed for him including those of us on ATS. One thing we do know without doubt is that this little hero is safely home again in the presence of God his Creator. While his family will mourn his passing and their loss, we must always recognize that we do not belong to each other. Our children are not "ours", our spouses are not "ours". The simple fact is that each of us belong to God. When He chooses to return His creation to Himself, He will. We may find it hard to understand and accept at the time, but, in the end, it is the only logical thing. May the soul of this little boy rest forever in the presence and the mercy of God, our Father and Creator. Amen!

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I just hear about this recently, and I am very saddened. This little boy is a true hero, and I will be thinking about him on this fourth of July.

I found this article on cnn today, and was very disturbed that I could not find an update as to his condition. I did a search on the web, and was amazed that I couldn't find anything but the initial article. Eventually I found this thread and learned that Donnie had died.

Why is it that no one seems to care about the aftermath of tragedies? All the guilt this little girl and her family are going through, the pain of his family, and yet the news agencies couldn't report that Donnie had died? No one seems to care about a dead hero.

I never met Donnie or his family and I probably never will, but I will remember the little boy who gave his life to save his friend. I hope that I can show the same courage in my life.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
We would like to thank everyone for their prayers and concern for our son Donny. But unfortunatly God had plans for him. He is now watching over our family. Please keep praying for our family as this is a greatly painful time. Thank you for your support and kindness. Donny's loss has left us with broken hearts and our family needs all the strength we can find please keep our family in our prayers.

Thank you,
Michael & Michelle

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That's brave for him to do. It shows that he would risk his life for others (because he couldnt swim). I respect people like that

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This was very touching to my wife and I but we can not just say it was just this one that touched us there was alot that touched us so much.Thank you everyone on ATS !

TextThis is truly sad for his family and those who knew him and prayed for him including those of us on ATS. One thing we do know without doubt is that this little hero is safely home again in the presence of God his Creator. While his family will mourn his passing and their loss, we must always recognize that we do not belong to each other. Our children are not "ours", our spouses are not "ours". The simple fact is that each of us belong to God. When He chooses to return His creation to Himself, He will. We may find it hard to understand and accept at the time, but, in the end, it is the only logical thing. May the soul of this little boy rest forever in the presence and the mercy of God, our Father and Creator. Amen!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
God Bless you Mike and Michelle.

You have an angel with you always....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join