It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Final Update) Young Boy Hero in Critical Condition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
See my last post on Page 2 of this thread for the final update.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With all that is going on in the world sometimes the little things are missed. In the following current news report you will see a young boy who knew he could not swim but in spite of that he saved a little girl...

Original news source:

CBSNEWS.com

Six-year-old Donnie Hauser-Richerme knew he couldn't swim, but he also knew the little girl in the murky, debris-filled swimming pool was in trouble.

Donnie jumped in and helped save 5-year-old Karah Moran's life before becoming stuck in five feet of blackened rain water and muck at the bottom of the deep end. Paramedics eventually rescued him, but he was in critical condition and on life support Thursday.

Karah called Donnie "my hero."
"I can't say enough about this little guy," said Chicago Ridge Police Chief Tim Baldermann. "It's amazing that this little kid, old enough to understand it's a dangerous situation, was so brave. Without thinking about himself he instinctively jumped in to help his friend."

Please visit the above original news source link for the full report.

Sometimes we can be inspired by real acts of heroism, This case if nothing more will open your heart to see that against all odds and with great sacrifice a hero is born.

This young child in his rush to save his friend sacrificing himself without thought brought to me at least a sense of a greater good that exists within most humans and a true Hero knows no age.

I am not a very religious person but if there was ever a time to pray for someone this is it.

May god save this boy and bring him back to his family and to the people who wish to honor him for his selfless act of heroism.

Sometimes the back page news has stories that to me have far much more meaning and can show the face of humanity.

Gazz

[edit on 12-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

[edit on 15-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Wow what a little hero this child is!

Seems we sometimes forget the things that show amazing courage in this day and age,

I really hope this little boy recovers fully, Im sure people including myself will keep him in our thoughts and say a prayer for him,

And also if we can try and keep updated on his condition,

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
asaia, if Possible I will update this story. But you know how the media is the report may never be found.

By the way anyone who reads this should go back up and read the full report link to see how this all happened.

A worker with no key cut the chain on the gate to the pool and left it that way. the boy helped the girl make it to the ladder on the pool and then vanished in the dark water and muck.. another worker tried to find him by poking the water with a log.. but it took time for the paramedics to find him.. and he could have been under water for anywhere from 5 to 20 minuets

Gazz

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I pray this little boy will make it through alright. This shows that despite what some people seem to think not all of humanity is a lost cause. Even at his age he saw what needed to be done and just did it.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
yes indeed, Prayers for this boy and his family.

What a brave little boy.

I'm upset about how this happened though. The maintenance worker cut the lock to get in? Where was his key, the key or any key? How long would it have taken to get the key and if the key wasn't available, couldn't the work have been put off until later?

That really bothers me.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
scroll down more for latest update.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The pool at my complex usually has the door open because people forget their keys and leave it open for the next time they come.
There should be more stories like this in the news. This little boy would inspire a lot of people, but instead its constant death and destruction. Who says only soldiers, police, and fire-fighters can be heroic?
This is a little kid with no training whatsoever and without fear of consequence...theres just not enough to say about this kid...

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Unfortunately this will be forgotten, but the idea remembered by the time I finish writing this post, but the memory will remain here on Ats.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is the latest availabe in the Boy Hero's condition and information including a plea for help...

The combined family of a 6-year-old Chicago Ridge boy who was critically injured when he jumped into a pool in an attempt to save a 5-year-old girl have set up a fund for him at a suburban bank.

Donny Houser-Richerme remained in critical condition at Advocate Hope Children's Hospital in Oak Lawn as of 10 p.m. Friday, a hospital administrator said.

His family on Friday issued a statement through the hospital thanking the community for "all of your love, support, kindness and prayers."

"Due to overwhelming requests, we have established a fund for Donny called the Donald Houser-Richerme Fund," his mother, Michelle, said in the release.

Please see the following full report link for more details..

Full Report Link

Come on ATS members and staff we can help if nothing more than to keep this young boy in your thoughts and if you have it in you say a prayer, what could it hurt? This is so sad what can I say.

If I can find more I will update this again.

Gazz

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Why in all creation are a 5 and 6 yr old out near a swimming pool with no parental supervision? This never should of happened in the first place. I hope the boy comes to. Parents ought to be shocked endlessly with cattle prongs.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
They should be, but before that, now is the time for prayer for this little boy. Pray hard and believe!

[edit on 12-6-2004 by AlterEgo]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Why in all creation are a 5 and 6 yr old out near a swimming pool with no parental supervision?

if you read the full original report you will see that the chain on the gate at the pool was cut and left that way by a worker.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Added quote from the report:

"Our families greatly appreciate your donations and cards," the mother said in the release Friday. "However, more importantly, we ask that no matter your faith, everyone keeps praying for Donny as we deeply feel this has made a profound effect on his condition."

Its not like they are asking for much here. a simple prayer.

Gazz

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Prayer works, bottom line.

Let's get going fellow ATSer's Prayer Power !!

Okay, I wanted to bump this thread back up, incase anyone missed it yesterday.

I'm still praying for this little guy and invite you to join in.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
A prayer for Donnie from a prayer book for the Armed Forces.

O Lord, look down from heaven, behold, visit, and relieve this thy servant Donnie.

Look upon him with the eyes of thy mercy, give him comfort and sure confidence in thee, defend him in all danger, and keep him in perpetual peace and safety;

through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen

[edit on 12-6-2004 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I will certainly pray for this little boy. I will also donate to that fund. This story breaks my heart, and at the same time makes me think "hah!" to all the people who complain about "kids these days". I hope he makes it through.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
God our Father,
In your mercy and kindness, we ask mercy upon out our brother, Donnie. We ask you Father to watch over him, to grant him your peace, to provide him your healing, and to restore him to what he was was in your creation. We ask this in the name of Jesus, the only Son of God our Father, Amen.

God our Father, please hear our prayers and restore this little boy to the fullness of your creation now, and forever, Amen!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I can't help but ask this. As soon as I read this story I wondered, what kind of pussy-assed adults stand around a pool with a little boy at the bottom of a sludge-pit and do no more than poke a stick at him?

Society is doomed.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I can't help but ask this. As soon as I read this story I wondered, what kind of pussy-assed adults stand around a pool with a little boy at the bottom of a sludge-pit and do no more than poke a stick at him?

I am with you 100% Valhall.

I was full of rage myself when I got to that part of the report.. "poking the water with a log" this boy was brave enough to jump in an save his friend and the adults did nothing more than poke at the water and wait on the paramedics.. yes it made me angry.

Look I know this story may mean nothing to a lot who will read it but as a parent I was drawn in to this story, and it captivated me.. and I will admit that this is one of the few times in my life where I have shed a tear.

This boy is a Hero. and the ultimate outcome is in the hands of a greater power now.

And it is not the parent's fault. this gate should have been chained and some dumb A$$ thought it would be OK to cut the chain and leave it just wrapped around the gate. That man should be charged with murder if the unthinkable happens here.

Whatever the outcome is Donnie will live in the hearts and minds of a great many now as a hero and should be an inspiration to us all.

Gazz

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Wheter the chain was cut or not....the parents of 5 and 6 yr old must be watching at all times. Children of that age explore and do not know the trouble that their actions can take them to. Where were the parents when this happened and how long did it take to realize the children were missing? I'm sorry but it ticks me off that something like this should even happen and I'm upset that this little boy as brave as he was might not survive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join