It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sitting takes toll on body, scientists find

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

That's my point, and the reason I even posted this "silly on the surface" story. Watch for this to be the new focus of an initiative. If you see schools starting to address this then we'd better watch out. Next thing you know they'll mandate 20 minutes of school work, followed by 40 minute breaks.. that.. sounds.. vaguely familiar...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Excellent reply - I completely agree!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
doesnt everything take itstoll ont he body eventually?
second line for sitting.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
So now they are going to fit us all with sitting sensors, tax us extra for sitting too long (to pay for the increased cost of health care resulting from sitting). Eventually they will make it illegal to sit at all, but the wealthy and elite will be able to purchase sitting credits at great cost. Old fashioned chairs (without a built in ejector device) will become valuable black market items. Those airplane flights where they pack you in like sardines so you can stand the whole way will be touted for their health benefits.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

Yeah this is the consequence of nationalizing health care. Your actions are looked at as a liability analysis. If it's deemed too "risky" it will be banned to keep costs down.

The video from my local news this morning showed a woman working on her laptop, standing up, walking on a treadmill - I s*** you not. This is what they wanted to be advertised as productive behavior.

Next, they'll hook the treadmills up to the new smart grids.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
have these scientists got nothing useful to do but watch people sitting?.. i bet they get a fat wage aswell

This frustrates me also. Scientists should be researching and working on cures to disease and scientific advances in beneficial technology. Instead they spend months researching "the effect of colourful objects on puppies" or some other useless info. I really don't need to know half the stuff they come up with in their studies etc!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join