America Role model for the world, protector of freedoms, Guarantor of liberties, greatest of nations

page: 1
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The United States Of America is the most socially advanced, morally correct, technologially adept, Militarily dominat and all around best place to live in the world. Europe cannot compare to the genius of the american system, the superiority of its citizens, or the might of its armed forces. Europe is a parochial and backward land where socialism is considered progresssive and individual responsibillity is forsaken in return for the government providing what its people cannot such as retirement, healthcre, and education. GOD BLESS AMERICA

[edit on 11-6-2004 by mwm1331]




posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Har de har har.

What's this all about anyway?



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well jethro,
Theres a lot of america bashing going on lately, both on this forum and worldwide in general so I thought it was important to state the truth. America is the greatest Nation that has ever existed. Ours is the most advanced society to exist since man first came down frm the trees. I dont dislike europeans I just pity them thier misfortune of being born anywhere other than the states. My hope is that one day the whole world will live in a nation built on the principles of truth, justice, and the AMERICAN way



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I can only hope you are kidding. America, the greatest country in the world?

HA

We may be a lot of things, but the greatest is not one of them.



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
To criticize something is not the same as bashing it it. How else can we grow? I see a lot more France bashing than anything else.

WDIT: I just noticed your sig: Americans are Gods chosen people

Which God chose me? What if I don't want to be choosen?

[edit on 11-6-2004 by curme]



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Socially advanced? You kill each other at a rate which far surpasses any other developed country. Morally correct? Invading countries at the drop of a hat ( or a tower ) and killing thousands of arabs and muslims whom you have stereotyped as vicious terrorists is not marally correct. There are far more technologically adept countries, such as Japan, and also quite a few European countries...

Some would argue that military might is nothing to be proud of if you use it to intimidate your allies and murder thousands.

I'd rather live in a country that's not in a constant state of fear, paranoia and war, where if I'm seriously injured or ill I don't have to pay to be treated, and where the people are passive, open minded and liberal.

Ask yourself this, if America is the greatest country in the world, why do we all hate you? And don't tell me we're jealous, because I have no interest in living in or even visiting such a socially backward country as the US.



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Why do we continue to insist that we live in a democracy—that clean elections in America are possible when every particle of evidence proves the contrary? Why do we tell ourselves that we have a political system that "works" when we are faced with two candidates who are an echo of each other in the hands of the corporate powers? Why do we persist in believing that we are not yet living in a fascist empire?



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
And Ronald Reagan...eerrr...Big Brother is watching you.



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Why do we continue to insist that we live in a democracy—that clean elections in America are possible when every particle of evidence proves the contrary? Why do we tell ourselves that we have a political system that "works" when we are faced with two candidates who are an echo of each other in the hands of the corporate powers? Why do we persist in believing that we are not yet living in a fascist empire?


Some still hope and some hide and hide behind the flag, some just don't see.

But all the buttons aren't snapped up yet, there is still time I think. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something seriously wrong going on in this country and the world in general.

There are theories aplenty but who really know what is going on. We'll all just have to wait and see.



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad
Socially advanced? You kill each other at a rate which far surpasses any other developed country. Morally correct? Invading countries at the drop of a hat ( or a tower ) and killing thousands of arabs and muslims whom you have stereotyped as vicious terrorists is not marally correct. There are far more technologically adept countries, such as Japan, and also quite a few European countries...

Some would argue that military might is nothing to be proud of if you use it to intimidate your allies and murder thousands.

I'd rather live in a country that's not in a constant state of fear, paranoia and war, where if I'm seriously injured or ill I don't have to pay to be treated, and where the people are passive, open minded and liberal.

Ask yourself this, if America is the greatest country in the world, why do we all hate you? And don't tell me we're jealous, because I have no interest in living in or even visiting such a socially backward country as the US.


There's a big difference between the drop of a hat and 3000 dead innocent Americans and the heart of the western financial system being abolished. Trying to downplay the significance of that is insanely ignorant.

Yeah there's a bit of murder that happens in big cities, when you have 5-6 million people in a small land area they're not going to all get along especially if the economy isn't doing very well. Poor jobless people will have more free time and less to lose. But it's not like the problem is being totally ignored.

War is hell, innocent people die. Do you have a better idea of how to deal with terrorists murdering 3000 innocent people? You're big on the criticism but not so big on better ideas over there buddy.

Japan is very technologically advanced, wonder why? I think part of the reason is they don't have a huge military budget. They are under the protection of the US and that gives them the freedom to invest more into technology and less into military might.

Did we intimidate out allis with military might? What allis? Did we threaten to invade a European country if they didn't help us or something? What are you talking about?

I live in the US, I have never had to pay a medical bill in my life, although I pay $9 maximum per prescription. Big deal. Where I live no one is in fear or constant paranoia, in fact I haven't noticed a difference between pre 9/11 and today, everything is still the same where I live.

You're a scott and your ancestors helped found the US. If we're societally backward you should take it up with them lol. Everyone doesn't hate us, we just got a bad batch of leadership in the white house and I think most people understand that.



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I believe that Europe and the EU is more advanced (and will become alot more) than the USA. Europe is working on a global system where people become the first concern... politicans and nationalism a bit later.

The educational systems in Europe are far more advanced, more people can go to college because of the systems in place...

Europe doesen't need to bomb the hell out of everyone to advance it's ideas... it uses good diplomacy and it's more people orientated. Hence the low poverty level.. not by a "welfare system" or free money.. but but by an advanced educational/social system.

JOHNSMITH wrote:

"There's a big difference between the drop of a hat and 3000 dead innocent Americans and the heart of the western financial system being abolished. Trying to downplay the significance of that is insanely ignorant. "

So that means we can enter any nation at will and destroy it? Then those people have the right to fight and defend themselves from the American imperialism.

[edit on 11-6-2004 by RedOctober90]



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
My hope is that one day the whole world will live in a nation built on the principles of truth, justice, and the AMERICAN way


Truth? LOL! Are you kidding? If the truths were known, do you think it would be the same? Justice? With people winning lawsuits against McDonalds for their hot coffee, how can you call the US' justice system comendable?



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
I believe that Europe and the EU is more advanced (and will become alot more) than the USA. Europe is working on a global system where people become the first concern... politicans and nationalism a bit later.

The educational systems in Europe are far more advanced, more people can go to college because of the systems in place...

Europe doesen't need to bomb the hell out of everyone to advance it's ideas... it uses good diplomacy and it's more people orientated. Hence the low poverty level.. not by a "welfare system" or free money.. but but by an advanced educational/social system.

JOHNSMITH wrote:

"There's a big difference between the drop of a hat and 3000 dead innocent Americans and the heart of the western financial system being abolished. Trying to downplay the significance of that is insanely ignorant. "

So that means we can enter any nation at will and destroy it? Then those people have the right to fight and defend themselves from the American imperialism.

[edit on 11-6-2004 by RedOctober90]




OK first of all please point specifically where Europe is more advanced than the US? Have you been to eastern Europe lately? Go tell them how much more advanced they are and you'll be laughed at. As far as college in the US, anyone qualified to work at Mc Donald's can go. Yes they may have to start at a community collage if they didn't do well in High School and can't get a scholarship and with all the federal funding and grants if you're broke the only thing you MIGHT have to pay for is books.

Your advanced diplomacy when it comes to peoples personal fiances is a bit controlling, like in Greece the government tells people what kind of car they are aloud to buy based on how much they make. Sorry to tell you but that's not freedom.

We did not enter "any nation" at will. Yes we went into Iraq and it was uncalled for BUT I didn't see Europe coming up with any good ideas on how to get Sadam a man who murdered 300,000 people out of power. Maybe you would be happier if he staid in power, who knows but did you see anyone else coming up with a better idea? If you didn't notice the people who are fighting the US in Iraq are fighting for more power in the current government, or fighting to keep the US there so they can kill more US citizens. They are opportunists, it is a well known fact the US wants to be out of Iraq ASAP but we also don't want it to be like it was.

I would suggest you do a little more research and present some real facts next time before you spout off with broad sweeping generalizations about a country that you don't know much about.

[edit on 11-6-2004 by J0HNSmith]



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Whether America joins the rest of the world now or comes to it groveling after some self induced apocolypse is up to America.

That Americans celebrate the Olympics as some great progressive achievement in global unity, but scoff at the UN as a mere nuisance is just sad.

In all things we should ask ourselves...


Do Americans really want to be the Ferengi of the Federation one day?

I stand by this geeky analogy.



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
America is more involved in the rest of the world than any other country. Did you think about what you were saying before you said it? If so please post something to back up your claim. It's that kind of baseless ideology that makes people think the US is some how isolated from the rest of the world.



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith
America is more involved in the rest of the world than any other country.


I know. They're trying to run it. I think that point is self sufficient by this thread.

As for my opinion of the future, I don't need web sources to have one. :shk:



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90.
Hence the low poverty level.. not by a "welfare system" or free money..

check your facts, unemployment and poverty levels in europe is far higher than here, the socialist ones are the highest in this area, also america taxes far less than europe, only one european nation has a higher gnp than america, all of europe combined has a much lower gnp, even in hard economic periods our economy still dominates all of europe combined- all facts.



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
RANT
*coughs* and who pays the most for the UN? who usually commands UN military actions? who does most peacekeeping? um america, we do help just as much as anyone else, percent wise we give more than anyone to charity, everyone else isnt any better than america, you act like everyone but america is right or moral.


[edit on 11-6-2004 by namehere]



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Why are you guys busting Europe’s balls. After all, they don't bomb the hell out of people just for economic gain.

Sure, the oil bribes happened, but pay offs happen in advanced and civilized countries with "good diplomacy".

After all, isn't it might duty, as an able bodied man, to work to support some geriatric while I almost never use my health coverage? Sounds peachy.



posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Why are you guys busting Europe’s balls.

im only stating the truth and anyways im not busting their balls at all, i never said anything bad towards europe in my posts.





new topics
top topics
 
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join