It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Mods are Pro Israeli?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

I vote DOADOA

Hell, I only just got into positive points

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
Here is part of a reply I got from a mod when I complained about my post ban.. Sorta blows your theory...

Link please? I hope this wasn't part of a U2U, because there are strict rules against posting private messages.

Looking at what you related coming from a moderator:

I know that this is a volatile subject but I can't just step on another staffers toes.

I don't interfere in ythe actions of another staffer either. That IS what is being said above. I READ what is being said, and I CARE about what is being said, but I don't involve myself unless it's required. Doing so is 'stepping on toes'.

Yes, there is bias....

No... there isn't. There is only personal opinion which each has a right to express. Using mod powers to excercise constraints on another member is a huge faux pas.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Pardon? I have been up for nearly 24 hours but even if I were fresh and awake I am not sure I understand your post.

I was pointing out that he can view your old posts, but that he could not retrieve them. Whether or not he has the power to retrieve them or not I do not know, it might just be a rule.

I was stating as an example that I can view and retrieve some files on my laptop but I cannot retrieve all the files I can view. The programs I have at hand are just not powerful enough to do so.

However, yes I am very serious.

Raist

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Listen DUDE, why dont you show the people how bad my posts were???

The posts deleted contain references to other members as morons, trolls, idiots and worse.

That stuff gets deleted here - not only with you but with everyone.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Give it a rest mate...
You didnt see them so how can you comment...
I cant remember word for word, but considering I am now the most P#off I have been with ATS, have you seen any profanity from me???

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This "topic" certainly does not belong in the Middle East Issues forum, as several Members have pointed out. At best the initial "topic" or query would seem better suited for either The ATS Issues Thread or perhaps BTS: Members.

Seven pages in and it has apparently since become little more than laundry day, a sort of Come one. Come all. Air your own.

Please address any further or future issues and concerns via the appropriate channels.

The ATS Issues Thread - Complain / Suggestion - [email protected]

Thank You

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Using mod powers to excercise constraints on another member is a huge faux pas.

So do something about it other than talk.......

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

I suggest you use the tools provided at the bottom of all posters posts. It says PROFILE.
Click on each Mod to go to their profile and you will see all their Threads and you can link to as many as their last 200 or so last posts.

If you think there is a Bias, research the threads started by the Mods.
Look at their posts.

Then come back here with more then "I've been here for three months".

I have lately seen many threads started by Mods with Pro Israeli sentiment.
I have only been on ATS for 3 months but I have not seen so many threads started by mods before.

Maybe you only see what you want to see.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Raist

Give it a rest mate...
You didnt see them so how can you comment...
I cant remember word for word, but considering I am now the most P#off I have been with ATS, have you seen any profanity from me???

that is why you vote for me virgom, i promise i'll ban those responsible for your rage.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

lol, its that you got???

Shall I go thru threads with far far worse that are still there to this day???

I was banned for Moron, Troll and Idiot???

LMFAO, thanks for proving my point...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This "topic" certainly does not belong in the Middle East Issues forum, as several Members have pointed out. At best the initial "topic" or query would seem better suited for either The ATS Issues Thread or perhaps BTS: Members.

Seven pages in and it has apparently since become little more than laundry day, a sort of Come one. Come all. Air your own.

Please address any further or future issues and concerns via the appropriate channels.

The ATS Issues Thread - Complain / Suggestion - [email protected]

Thank You

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
duplicate closing post

[edit on 12-6-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I have lately seen many threads started by Mods with Pro Israeli sentiment.

There's nothing inherently wrong with having taken a "side" on middle east issues that favors the Israeli concerns. Just as there's nothing inherently wrong with favoring Palestinian concerns.

Where "favoring" a side becomes a problem is when irrationality factors into one's opinions such that a belief system forms that reflexively rejects valid points that may conflict with the belief system.

And, where "favoring" a side would become a serious problem on ATS is when such a belief system would interfere with a staff member's ability to moderate on ATS.

Our staff are people. And in all cases, before they became staff, they were prolific contributors with occasionally strong opinions. We encourage our staff to remain involved in discussions and vehemently reject the notion that their on-ATS posting activity must be neutral or without emotion.

However, they also must not let their personal beliefs dictate their moderation decisions. We have had to terminate staff members in the past for such activity, and we would do it again. But I can assure you that none of our current staff have exhibited any tendencies for which admin would worry.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join