It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Mods are Pro Israeli?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

lol, true, I've had a thread deleted in that forum..

It suggested new members should wait a minimum of 7 days before being able to start a thread...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

So it is better to start a thread that is off topic in another forum?

And people are wondering why threads get deleted or moved around here.

Does no one else see how silly it is to ask why your being punished for breaking the rules?

Raist

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

No mate, I dont post that type of thing....

The worst I'd call someone is an idiot...
Then again, the mods could always put in a "snip"

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Two post to skyfloating and no response...

Then she leaves....

Frustrating....

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Six pages of this thread!!!

Are ATS going to show the members my diabolical posts that were deleted and had me post banned for 36 hours?

Or are they meeting to decide on banning me??

I have question a mod in this thread twice with no reply..

Thats pretty much what I got when I complained...

[edit on 12-6-2010 by virgom129]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by virgom129

If they were deleted for an offensive reason do you not think it would be offensive if they were reposted?

I mean it is just a thought.

Raist

Maybe - he's challenging the fact that they were considered offensive in the first place.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Post it yourself? if you can remember what you posted, as long as you edit out any swear words.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
Fine, show the members my deleted posts....

Dont be shy..I've seen yours...

Dear Sir,

Im sorry but I am not permitted to retrieve deleted posts. Mods are not all powerful. They have to follow Mod rules.

One of those rules is that only T&C Violations are removed.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Depending on how the rest of the post was it have been considered trolling or baiting.

My single edited post was because I asked someone that was acting very strangely as if not understanding what was written if they were on medication. It was meant in both a sarcastic and serious way, because I really think that poster was or needed to be on medication at the time.

The rest of my post however was on topic. It seems from your post you were told to keep it on topic but failed at it. Failure can hurt sometimes.

Raist

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Two post to skyfloating and no response...

Then she leaves....

Frustrating....

She is a He.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

And if they are they should be posted again?

Seems sort of classless to me, I believe ATS is above that sort of thing.

Raist

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Fine, show the members my deleted posts....

Dont be shy..I've seen yours...

Dear Sir,

Im sorry but I am not permitted to retrieve deleted posts. Mods are not all powerful. They have to follow Mod rules.

One of those rules is that only T&C Violations are removed.

Sounds like propaganda to me.

I had to say it being that this is a conspiracy site and all.

Raist

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
now now children. we all have something to say but if we can re-enforce it with authority i'm sure we would all do it. for example, if i was a mod, i'd probably be the only member and if i can ban the owner i would too. i just don't like his name and looks....especially the peach fuzz beard.....and his round face....his hair is aiiiggght.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Wow, you must have ignored repeated warnings and violated T&C's to have Nef get you post-banned! He is not someone to hold a grudge or take sides, he's always been very fair I've found.

Now, I've been here a good few years and yes, I've had posts deleted because of going off topic, I've had warnings for personal attacks (one was given because a Mod didn't understand the difference in meaning about a certain word) and I have also been temporarily banned for several days because I let my passion about a certain subject get the better of me.

I've also used the complaint button and had two warnings overturned, so there is that side of the coin. I was also really close to being perma-banned once because a Mod got involved peronally in a thread with his own opinion and took great offence at being argued against. This too I got overturned. I haven't seen him around much since then......

In a nutshell, it goes both ways and Mods are human too. Some might let personal opinion cloud judgement, others remain above it. Some like to take part in discussion and therefore don't moderate that thread, others only seem to moderate and don't post. They're all different and have their own styles.

The common thread I have found over the years is COMMUNICATION.

Not sending U2U's filled with "WTF!!!??? You banned me!!??? You Israeli lapdog!!!", but rather decent, civil communication over the issue.

If you get a warning and you feel it's unfair, talk to the mod in question and explain in a civil manner your position. If you still feel aggrieved, post a complaint, but again, keep it civil and explain your position clearly. If a mistake has been made, it can be overturned.

If the decision still goes against you, you have a choice. Either shut up and get on with life or move on, just like the real world. After all, it's only a forum on the internet and it's only a little red sticker against your name for a few days or a couple of OT posts removed.

I have never seen a thread deleted unless it violated the T&C's and they are pretty clear, although thats not to say mistakes don't happen so maybe if there is a grey area the mod should have a word first, but that's not my decision to make.

At the end of the day, the moderation here is among the best on the web. 99.9% of all topics and posts remain up, even if they are threads about "Aliens made love to my cat while eating Nachos! PROOOOF!", so that say's it all really.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Or are they meeting to decide on banning me??

[edit on 12-6-2010 by virgom129]

You seem overly paranoid to me. You're not that important. You're one of many thousands on here. ATS does not revolve around you.

Posts don't get deleted unless they are spam. T+C violations get pasted over with a sticker. This has been pointed out to you several times now. Why do you insist that this is not the case?

It seems to me that you're holding a grudge against a particular mod on here. Further it seems to me that you simply can not accept that someone may have a different opinion than you. You suppose everyone must share yours - or else there is some agenda involved. That's a pretty silly premise.

If you honestly feel you have info that automatically gets deleted on ATS that is factual and not just insult/rant (like many of your deleted posts) - then please open a new thread now and provide the info. I'll guarantee to you that it won't be deleted if it does not violate T+C's.

Just claiming that you are some kind of special victim of mod abuse is silly; mods are supervised too, which has also been explained to you several times in this thread. What you are accusing this particular mod of is simply impossible.

Again, post the info. Put up, or... you know.--- or else it just seems like a rant from someone who can't get over the fact that someone may hold a differing opinion.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
now now children. we all have something to say but if we can re-enforce it with authority i'm sure we would all do it. for example, if i was a mod, i'd probably be the only member and if i can ban the owner i would too. i just don't like his name and looks....especially the peach fuzz beard.....and his round face....his hair is aiiiggght.

and thats why you are not a mod. me however, would like to be, but think i may have pissed off too many staff in the past.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Quite, same here! Think that any chance of Stu being a Mod went out the window a loooong time ago....

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Maybe because you post stuff in their profiles like you just did mine that could have been asked in a U2U? Or posted in a thread something similar?

No that certainly could not be the reason.

Raist

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hmm very strange statement considering this post from you a few minutes ago, care to explain?????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked out some of your deleted posts. You cant go around calling people names and expect your posts not to get deleted.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB

Originally posted by DOADOA

and thats why you are not a mod. me however, would like to be, but think i may have pissed off too many staff in the past.

not promoting me because of my natural hatred of people and beard is discrimination. i demand the mother of all mods to let me become a mod or i will strike down upon thee!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join