It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Mods are Pro Israeli?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I know someone who got banned and PM'd every mod and owner out there and was ignored.

This person was told it was only a temporary posting ban, but it never lifted, and no one would talk to him once he was silenced, or tell him how long he would be silenced for.

Pretty sure the U2U's just went into the trash too.

This person made a new account like the other.

Seems like a regular occurrence for people with our beliefs...

[edit on 12-6-2010 by At0mZer0]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Some of the Excellent Dining in Gaza
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's Official: There was No Humanitarian Aid on Mavi Marmara

Hers just two from one MOd , I will look more...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Come on ATS, please, please show all the members my posts that got me post banned for 36 hours...

I dare you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let the members see what a bad person I am.......

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by At0mZer0

I know, I was told my post ban was for a few hours to let me settle down..
And then the mod demaned I say I would behave
36 hours and 6 complaints later I was back..

I still say show everyone my offending posts....

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I don't know if this is deserving of its own thread - But i'd quite like to know how moderators become moderators.

If they are just another anonymous name on the internet, then what is to stop someone with an agenda becoming a moderator.

After all - Skyfloating for example (i'm not saying you have an agenda), but many members on the other threads have challenged you to provide proof that you were in Gaza in 2009 and you didn't provide any proof. Yet you continually backed up Dbates with his pro-Israel sentiments and ignored the requests of proof.

Surely as a mod, you should put your money where your mouth is and provide proof as opposed to making statements.

--

Also, would it not be possible for a disinfo agent to become a mod, and abuse their powers??

Just a few thoughts.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by At0mZer0

I know someone who got banned and PM'd every mod and owner out there and was ignored. This person was told it was only a temporary posting ban, but it never lifted, and no one would talk to him once he was silenced. Pretty sure the U2U's just went into the trash too. This person made a new account like the other. Seems like a regular occurrence for people with our beliefs...

We all know member who've done this, who cares? If they follow the rules, they hang around.

What are your beliefs?

From what I can tell you are fairly anti-Israeli. I can tell by checking your threads in your profile. The threads are still there undeleted and not 404d...I checked that too. So you're here supporting your beliefs in a public manner on a public forum. What's the kicker? You're voicing your opinions loud and clear.

Skyfloating and I have not seen eye to eye on a lot of things. We probably disagree on more things than not. He hasn't removed any of my posts or threads...hasn't warned me or deducted points. Maybe he'd like to, but that hardly matters.

He's on this thread taking a lot of heat that he doesn't have to do. Again, it's in direct contradiction of your main points here. He or any Mod could close the thread for discussing members and post-bans, but hasn't! They are allowed to have opinions and were members first and foremost anyway. They can have opinions and still be an effective Mod....it's called using your intelligence.

ETA...'undeleted'

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Good work Lizard, thats the thread that broke me...
Biased much??

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I bet you guys that i know who is going to end up closing this thread. becase it "has gone off-topic"

something green-eyed something

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
There's plenty of "controversial" threads here on ATS. I've been member for several years, when counting lurking, bit longer - I haven't seen a thread that would've been deleted unjustly. Even when there are many pro-christian and pro-israel and pro-whatever mods around, none of my threads have been removed even they may have been against views of moderators.

Many threads are moved to appropriate forums, and I've seen people screaming "FFS
mods deleted my post!1!!1
", when they were only moved to another forum.

The threads that I've noticed to be removed, all broke against T&C. Usually they be advertasing some other site, book, film or product. Otherwise they may have been presented in form that were totally inappropriate. You guys do know, moderation is almost required by law if I recall correctly.

I know, all this is against the freedom of speech if we interpret it stricly. I myself have never understood why people can't just say what they want, even somebody may find it offensive and so on. In my opinion, ones that get offended by something are probably even more stupid than the person who made the offense.

But perhaps the moderation is required after all. I myself have reported few threads that were obviously advertising some other site, product etc. Other sites can be brought to the conversation as sources, but they cannot be the whole issue. And those advertisement people are of course category of their own...

Anyway, my view is that ATS moderation and moderators have been just so far; every time any of my threads were moved, I have been able to discuss with the moderators and reach mutual agreement. Those moderators I have interacted with, have been fair. It may be because I can be reasonable in my requests, arguments and usually state my issue with politeness - not screaming injustice and conspiration. If you guys are having trouble with moderators (or with anyone, that is), maybe you should take a look into the mirror.

I noticed the OPs anger in one of interpid's thread - posted there myself also, disagreeing interpid's opinion. OP of this thread has really made this issue too big. And in this thread there is this another person who may be lying; claiming deleted post when they are not. seesh

Hang in there mods - most grown-ups here propably think that you are doing good job. And of course you too are allowed opinion! There are just people around who don't want others to have opinions at all, unless they are same as theirs.

-v

[edit on 12-6-2010 by v01i0]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

You are off topic..

and this,
"claiming deleted post when they are not"

is a lie.....

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

The threads that I've noticed to be removed, all broke against T&C. Usually they be advertasing some other site, book, film or product. Otherwise they may have been presented in form that were totally inappropriate. You guys do know, moderation is almost required by law if I recall correctly.

Actually my deleted post was well within the T&C but got deleted anyway.

Hang in there mods - most grown-ups here propably think that you are doing good job. And of course you too are allowed opinion! There are just people around who don't want others to have opinions at all, unless they are same as theirs.

Hang on a second. Are you saying that those who disagree or even challenge a mods opinion are not grown up?

I know the difference between debate, opinion and opposing views, that is not the issue.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Posting on ATS is a bit like drinking coca cola.

If you decide don't like coca cola you simply drink something else instead.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I bet you guys that i know who is going to end up closing this thread. becase it "has gone off-topic" something green-eyed something

404 within the hour probably lol. Gotta say I can't remember a thread that went down like this one. Derailed? Off topic posts? Jeez. It's like a mangled train wreck of a thread.

If it was a horse we'd shoot it.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Posting on ATS is a bit like drinking coca cola.

If you decide don't like coca cola you simply drink something else instead.

Are you happy with your government?

Then move.

Or try to fix it. I say we have about the same chance of setting ATS straight from the outside in as we do the government, but I don't give up and go home like you do.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Actually it's quite on topic.

This is about the OBVIOUS pro-israeli mods censoring pro-Palestine members of ATS.

Why don't you get on topic, I think your post should be deleted, where's skyfloating!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
dbl post.

THIS ONE YOU CAN DELETE SKYFLOATING.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by At0mZer0]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Actually my deleted post was well within the T&C but got deleted anyway.

I said "The threads that I've noticed", didn't I? But thanks for telling me that.

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Hang on a second. Are you saying that those who disagree or even challenge a mods opinion are not grown up?

No I'm not, or are you experiencing trouble with reading comprehension? I didn't say anything about adolescents, teens and children. I said "propably", and I myself am 30+ years, so I consider myself as a grown up, physically that is - mentally? I dunno

-v

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
[posting of U2U removed]

2f.) Private Messages:
You will not post or publically display U2Us received from ATS staff or any other members, in any way, without the written permission of the author.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

This is the problem.

People like us are moderating the forum.

LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join