It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you right or left brained? Take the simple test and find out for sure...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

just watched the video - twice
coz i am a bit confused by it - i thought the figure is switching directions - clockwise - counter clockwise - clockwise
but at first it dances clockwise - to me

still confused about it
but i am intersted to read the rest of the posts

edit:
so it means right brained - which i thought i am
but to me it means also confused brain

[edit on Sun, 13 Jun 2010 08:43:02 -0500 by orange-light]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

Schools don't put a big emphasis on imagination. The teacher teaches and you do as the teacher says or you get a bad grade.

the knowledge of this makes me sigh every day
schools put to much emphasis on logical facts
they neglect fantasy and visions and that makes our kids somehow educational cripples.

and actually i don.t care what a maybe world gorvernment intends to do!

just let the kids deal with their full potential and maybe we will get a better world

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure Im non-brained

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
to me it saw like the spinnig direction changed, and now my head hurts.

first it was counterclockwise, then clockwise then it changed again.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Here is my explanation for this illusion. If i had the software to stop it frame by frame i could tell you exactly at what times and exactly what's happening when. The shaded solution is really not the full solution and could be misleading. There are different things happening on different sides of the original video.

1-The image is getting flipped on one or both sides at different points in the video.

2-The rotation is being reversed on one or both of sides along with being flipped.

If you watch closely at the shaded GIF on Page 2 you can see the image getting flipped and the rotation changing directions. If you watch closely she is rotating right(clockwise) on here left leg then the image will flip and change rotation where she is rotating left(counter clockwise) on her right leg. Keep your eye on her foot and the shadow. Some may have to watch it for a good 10 seconds because if you miss the change it makes it harder and harder to see.

On average it seems most people can't pick up this change, and only see it going clockwise, but overtime most people who could see it going clockwise eventually pick up on the change in direction. This makes sense because slight trickery isn't easy to see or understand at first.

The image or images IS rotating. One image is NOT just rotating one way and the other rotating another. It's kind of hypnotic and makes you unable to see the change the longer you miss it or once you see the change you're able to see it changing more.

I believe the right/left brain theory has very little to do with it. The people who see nothing just don't notice the slight change and the people who do see the change end up seeing way too much of the illusion and have trouble re-adjusting. I would find it doubtful that noone could see the illusion eventually if they looked at it long enough and noone is making it do anything.

I think it has more to do with conscious/subconscious which i would consider different than left/right brain. Left/right brain has more to do with how the brain makes interpertations, where as consciuosness has more to do with the level of awareness of the brain, like being asleep as oppossed to being awake. There may be a relation of the two, but that doesn't make them alike or the same either. If you're fully awake after a good nights sleep you're most likely going to think better. If you're half awake and didn't get a good nights sleep you're likely not to think aswell. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Clockwise the very first time, but Iam able to switch the spin almost at will and keep either in focus.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I can only see the dancer spinning clockwise. Here is why. If you look carefully at the foot that is swinging, you will see that it is in a slightly lower position as it passes from the viewer's right to left than from left to right. Thus that foot actually traces out a clockwise path in the video.

It's an entertaining illusion, but I think it has little to do with left brain vs. right brain, and moreover, I think that the hemispherical dominance of the brain has little to do with creativity vs. logic.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

www.wherecreativitygoestoschool.com...

thanks for this

Left Brain Right Brain
41% 59%

maybe i have been well trained at school
or the brain halfs work better together than thought

had to laugh at the geometry question since at geometry i am a complete lost although i love doing math and even help students to understand math better

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Im right brained according to the test in the original post.

But according to this test Im left brained:

Why am I not surprised.

People are more complex than tests like these can ever measure. I bet I would respond differently to this test tomorrow or next week, depending on mood and/or other factors.

Fun for playing around with though.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The lady is moving clockwise , I have worked in the creative industry for years and have a phd in fine art..

2 months ago i had a 3 hour IQ test at the toxicology dept for long term exposure to carbon monoxide in the home.. I had a premorbid IQ of 132 and working mem damage down to 109 . the latter i think much worse as i count in my fingers now, I forget words all the time.

.what was interesting though during the test I had to complete the Rey-Osterrieth Complex Figure Test

the doctor once i had completed the first drawing asked me if i was an artist, he then told me that artists or creatives complete the drawing in a certain way.

This I am
Left Brain Right Brain
40% 61%

Your Right Brain Percentages

56% Random (Your most dominant characteristic) eek ....

on a different note I did home ed my son for years using waldorf methods and they teach math using creative methods. He will be going full time in sept as i can no longer [ with my brain injury] keep track of my 8 year old sons mad math calculations. ie i am counting my fingers under the table.

anyway ..i am sure some good art will come of it..

blessing to all and please get a carbon monoxide monitor [ that works]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
the one on the right goes clockwise while the one on the left goes anti-clockwise-go to youtube and the next video called'solution for spinning girl'shows how it works,after watching that I could change at will,before it just went clockwise!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Started as right brained but can change at will thats kinda fun

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I definately use my right side a whole lot more than my left but what i want to know is why does education need to change us from being right sided to left?

That is the question

The answer is that the education system and those who control it wants us to conform.

Education wants us to be better workers, not thinkers. The system wants us to repeat history, such as get into debt and work ourselves to the bone until we die.

A few Albert Einstein quotes

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.”

“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.”

Schools don't put a big emphasis on imagination. The teacher teaches and you do as the teacher says or you get a bad grade. While this is ok with math or science, these are not the only courses which are taken in a person's educational path. Even science and math requires a bit of imagination. If imagination was given a bigger emphasis, the elites would not be able to hold onto their monopoly on power as well

I liked your answer and it does make sense to me so i gave you a star.

Thinking back to my school days i was very good at Art & Sports but not very good at other subjects... i think it was because they bored me and couldn't hold my interest.... thing was i was never groomed if you know what i mean to become more interested in Art, Sports or Creative Arts.... i was sort of ignored and my mind became confused and i became robotic...

I finally woke up after 30 odd years and i'm hoping it's not too late.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I saw them twirling right, then again I knew I was brained anyway.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
After a little practice I was able to make it go either way (somehow?) but the first 3 times it showed me I was right brained - which suits me fine, and I've known it for some time.

This reply is verbatim to my experience with the video as well.

I wouldn't have never ever thought I was right brain domminant.

The technique I used to get her spinning the opposite direction was to quickly blink my eyes a few times and I'd sometimes catch her going the other way. Once in that state, she would continute in the same direction until further blinking.

Each time I stoppe focusing on the video and turned to the TV a few minutes and refocused. Clockwise.. every time!!

Cool Video!

[edit on 15-6-2010 by sticky]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Very interesting video.

I was very surprised to find that I am right-brain dominant. I've always been into things like mathematics, computer programming, electronics, science and so on. I really do think of myself as a very analytical, logical person.

I was able to make it spin the other way to indicate left-brain occasionally, but it seemed to be fairly random, in that sometimes I would just look away for a moment, look back, and it had changed direction. I couldn't control it at will though, the right-brain side seemed in control most times.

At the time I was first looking at the video, I was listening to comedy, and reading this website, so I thought perhaps that might have effected it. I decided to run a little test, and I did some computer programming for a few minutes, hoping that would set my brain to the other way, but it didn't.

I am also slightly drunk.

EDIT:

I took the test linked to in recent posts, it came out

Left Brain Right Brain
50% 51%

Your Left Brain Percentages
38% Logical (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Reality-based
32% Linear
27% Verbal
25% Symbolic
22% Sequential (Your least dominant characteristic)

Your Right Brain Percentages
45% Random (Your most dominant characteristic)
44% Fantasy-oriented
25% Nonverbal
20% Intuitive
19% Concrete
18% Holistic (Your least dominant characteristic)

That sounds more like I thought of myself.

[edit on 16/6/2010 by harpsounds]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I can see her spin either way. The girl on the right spins counter clockwise, and the girl on the left spins clockwise.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I already took a similar test through my psychology teacher. I use both sides of the brain. He said it was very rare for an artists because most artists use the left side.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I can switch instantly between both states just by closing and opening the eyes or stopping an restarting the motion. If i look at it all the way it changes from one side to the other 6 times during all the film but right turn uses about 70% of it.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I could only see cw no matter what I tried.

I was a scientist and now am an engineer in R&D. I have physics, electronics and computer science degrees.

I am good at logic, maths, electronics, programming, cryptography, iq tests etc. I don't understand art and poetry at all. However I have spent my life inventing solutions to problems.

I am so surprised at the result I think the test is flawed

[edit on 24/6/2010 by LightFantastic]

[edit on 24/6/2010 by LightFantastic]

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join