It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf Oil Spill: Revelations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Below is my reply to a thread on another website. I'm unsure of the exact rules on posting links to other forums, and this is a Christian Forum that I found while googling "oil spill second trumpet." Mods, if you want me to post the link to the thread, tell me please. Otherwise, I don't want to upset any of you. (lol)

These are not my personal opinions on what is happening. These are simply ideas. In no way am I stating that I know anything that you do not.

I have been reading the opinions on here that the Gulf Oil Spill is the water turning into blood in the book of Revelation - however, there is no way that this is possible. Firstly, were this referring to the events in Revelation, the 3.5 year tribulation would have had to have started - and it hasn't (specifically because the antichrist hasn't come upon the scene. And we know that the antichrist hasn't come upon the scene because there is no world government).

Google(I am unable to post links):
FOXNews - Obama Call for 'International Order' Raises Questions About U.S. Sovereignty

Just because they haven't enforced it, does not mean they do not have one in place.

They simply haven't "invited" us yet.

"23Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. 24And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings." Dan. 7:23-24

The fourth beast may refer to the United States, as it's ideas of Freedom make it diverse from all other countries, or kingdoms.

Metaphorically, the United States has "devour(ed) the whole earth" by spreading it's idea of Freedom. The United States has "tread it down" by enforcing other countries to give their people more rights and Freedoms. The United States has the ability to "break it into pieces," as shown in WWII with their bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The "ten kings that shall arise" may refer to ten of our past presidents, of whom have risen higher than the other presidents in their goals and abilities to run the country.

The "(an)other who shall rise after them," who is "diverse from the first" may refer to Barack Obama, the current president of the United States. Perhaps he will subdue three world leaders in some way, or perhaps the "three kings" are those who he runs against in elections. Perhaps it is telling us that he will be elected a third term?

The horn that rises "after" the ten kings is the antichrist. The ten kings are part of the global government. Therefore, there must be a global government before the antichrist, and so the Gulf Oil Spill cannot be a part of the book of Revelation.

We do not know that the ten kings are part of the global government, only that they will Be.

Another reason why the Oil Spill cannot be describing the Second Trumpet is simply because of the language used:

"8And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; 9And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed." Rev. 8:8-9

The object that causes 1/3 of the sea to turn into blood is "a great mountain burning with fire". This is obviously some type of comet/asteroid that strikes the sea, and not an oil rig explosion (notice the mountain is "cast" into the sea).

"as it were a great mountain burning with fire" may indeed refer to the explosion of the rig, as the flames and smoke were rather large.

"was cast into the sea" may refer to the oil rig sinking after 36 hours of burning. Other areas of the bible, when referring to asteroids, explain how they "came from the Heavens," where as this simply says it was cast into the sea.

Much underwater life has already perished due to the oil spill, and with news of a possible gulf floor leak looming, they are saying it is possible that the majority, if not all, of oxygen will be depleted from the Gulf of Mexico.

The weather has been crazy down here lately, and the hurricane season is upon us. If a hurricane comes, it could easily destroy a third of the boats/ships in the Gulf.

None of the passage says all seas or oceans will be affected; "the sea" is used, not "the seas."

Not to mention the obvious - before the second trumpet happens we have to have the first trumpet, which is this:

"7The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up." Rev. 8:7

We have never had this happen. Therefore, the Gulf Oil Spill cannot be referring to the events in the book of Revelation.

As our generation wouldn't have been here if this has happened(considering we didn't experience it, we don't know), we cannot know if it truly hailed and rained fire with blood. The metaphor may be lost in time.

However, the human race has burned and cut and destroyed half of the forests that had covered the Earth. This is more than a third.

You must begin to think more openly, rather than literally, when it comes to interpreting the Holy Bible.

Revelations was written as a vision, by a human. If you saw the future in a vision, and afterward tried to write it all down, you would not be able to capture everything as well as you might wish. The metaphors were the apostle John's way of interpreting his thoughts on what he had seen.

NOTE
As the Bible consists of countless metaphors, among other things, one can only speculate as to what it actually refers to. This reply consists of ideas, not facts, as no facts can be presented by any human party.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
FOXNews.com - Obama Call for 'International Order'...

Forest Facts

I don't edit my posts.

Just giving a few URLs that I couldn't post on the other forum for being a new member.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Well Clever,
Thank you for your insight on this.
I personally find it very interesting and I don't see why it couldn't be a part of Revelations either.
Something to think upon.
Have a great night.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
While I'm not insinuating your logic is faulty, I will only suggest this...

People watch the clouds become faces everyday...

While it is wise to be ever watchful, it may be presumptuous to consider a stretch of imagination while trying to fit the square peg into the circular hole....

Could be, might be, may be... let it be, and let it go into God's hands, in God's time.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I think the bp spill is more likely to be the wormwood of revelation. There are so many variations on endtime prophecy that it is difficult to pin point specifics, but there does seem to be an acceleration of disasters, conflicts and the breakdown of society.
The one thing I am certain of is that there will be no questioning when the second coming occurs, no-one will doubt it or need to ask 'is this it?'

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

As I said, I was only throwing out ideas.

The thing that weirds me out, more-so than the first two trumpets, is the third..

It mentions a "great star" falling from "heaven."

A later trumpet mentions something about this "great star" being given a "key to the Abyss."

Perhaps this "great star" is an alien species?

Again, nothing I believe. Just throwing ideas out.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sinthia

What ever the "second coming" turns out to be, you are right; No one will be confused as to what is happening.

Every ancient religion describes how, in the end times, everyone will be misinformed and caught off guard and will follow the wrong path, except a select few.

The scary question is:

If everything we know is taught to us by our elders, how do we know that our elders have not been misinforming us from the beginning?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
the oil spill is probably something leading up to the revelations, not actually an event in it...

top topics

join