It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: FBI Shows Up At Protesters House And Asks Strange Questions! Must Watch!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Looks fake to me. In the beginning the two "agents" can barely keep from laughing. The guy is actually biting his lower lip and they take the camera off the woman quickly but you can still see how she is about to burst out laughing.

Staged for the benefit of propaganda in my opinion.

If its not and she claims the 5th (in lieu of 1st) then she should be watched. If she is afraid of incriminating herself then she must be doing something that she doesn't want known.

Being a mother of 5 doesn't make her a saint, just prolific or too dumb to figure out what's causing it.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
reply to post by At0mZer0

She kept her cool, remained intelligent, and demonstrated control right in the face of the agents of IMPERIALISM.

I have to admit though, the FBI was actually very cordial and not aggressive with their pursuit.

Either way, this is what things are coming to.

Much love to all...

This is what things are coming to??? Where have you been? This is nothing.. just a routine follow up on a lead where the poor 'Imperialists' have to speak to a rude woman who doesn't understand the purpose or meaning of the 1st amendment.

Guys... this is THEIR JOB! To protect us. To question. To probe. What do good cops do???? They see something suspcious and they question. I don't understand where all of you are coming from on this. You have to know when to protest people and this sure as hell isn't the time and place. This is something to be proud of. That our government is looking out for us. That they are doing so in a lawful and respectful manner.

The only person who should be ashamed is that lady. I have never seen someone so rude and condensending in my life. By the end I was hoping they were going to arrest her. I felt NO pity for her.

I started this video with the feeling of "oh no, what are they going to do to this poor mother of 5." I ended it with the feeling of "I can't stand this lady."

Have you guys seen TRUE videos of the police infringing people's rights? EVER??? Or perhaps you have seen too many and now anytime the police do anything you call it infringing on our rights.

People, people... they HAVE to do this sort of thing. To protect us. They aren't doing it to be rude. I was amazed at how they acted. They never once raised a voice. The male agent was truly confused at the lack of cooperation as I was.

If you ever get questioned by the FBI it is a GOOD thing. It means you are making a difference, getting noticed. It also means that our government is also looking out for our best interest. When I speak out against 9/11 and the Bush administration it doesn't bother me to be questioned... as long as they are respectful and don't infringe upon my rights. I have a right to protest and THEY have a right to question.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Or an undercover agent among the protesters?

This would make the most sense of all. Infiltration of activist groups is a political tool used for quite sometime.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by turk182
What I don't think everyone understands here, is that the 2 FBI agents were sent there to question this woman because SOMEONE called The FBI on her, accusing her of being involved with a potential terrorist group.

THAT is the only reason they went to her house to question her. They have to follow up on any accusation like that. They have no choice.
It was clear to me that the accusation was not from an anonymous source either. So, I would HOPE that there was a thorough follow up on the accuser as well. Frivolous and warrant-less accusations of this nature to The FBI is a very serious crime. Perhaps I am naive, but I would certainly hope that whomever prompted The FBI to waste their time with such a matter would be dealt with accordingly, and be discouraged from ever doing it again. Hopefully punished.

How do you explain the fact that they were aware of her protesting activities, yet they kept insisting that they were not there about that? What else would they be there for? Their line of questioning was in fact related to her protesting activities. Oh, they didn't care about HER, but what she might know about her protesting associates and what they may or may not be thinking of doing that might be of a violent nature. They just want to keep everyone "SAFE". Sound familiar? They were very careful not to say anything that would violate any of her rights, since they were being videotaped.

I would wager that they lied about getting a 'phone call' because it would make them look very gestapo-esque showing up at her door like that just because she's out on a street with a sign that disagrees with the official US position on the matter.

So really, what was the purpose of the visit? They were asking her questions that she would never have answered even if she DID know something. Maybe it was a visit to establish her as a liar (conspirator) in case something violent does go down at one of her protests.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Why bother with expensive, labout intensive, time consuming surveillance when you can simply go up to terrorists and ask "please tell me what you're planning".

I'm sure a real terrorist would be happly to oblige [/end sarcasm].

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Awesome post man. I loved your points about her turning that video into a Palestinian support video. I think you hit upon something. I now think that was her entire reason behind it. It sure wasn't about her rights being infringed upon... because they never were.

People like this scare the hell out of me.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Also, think about this:

If someone is a regular citizen they will call the FBI themselves if they had any idea about an attack or whatever. They would not sit around silent waiting for chance to bring an agent to their door. Right? Logic.

Ok. So now we have the other category, the bad guys who WOULD create violence. Are THEY going to offer up any info? Hell no! Anyone with bad intentions would deny it all and shut up, defending their plan.

It is like some cop in a traffic stop asking you if you have any drugs in your car...what kind of moron would volunteer that he is guilty ? Of COURSE you are going to deny any knowledge and hold out to the last moment to not be discovered. You are not going to admit guilt and screw yourself and all your pals just because some cop asked a question.

So normal people will call and do not need to be asked. People who have an agenda will deny it all unless arrested...so it is basically useless.

Either the agents were lying ( tell me it ain't so!!) about the protest, or some lousy neighbor saw the flag on her door and did what any right wing lugnut would: Call the FBI and ask them to check out their ' subversive ' neighbor. Likley it is one of those miserable old ladies that sit in their house watching all day long what everyone else is doing...gossip and nonsense.

The chance of getting actionable info from this type visit is almost nil. Anyone with half a brain would never admit to anything and the agents would leave with nothing, OR the people are innocent and they still leave with nothing. If all the wasted dollars from NOTHING visits like this were piled up, no doubt it would pay for the prosecution of the 9-11 criminals like Cheney and Meyers and the Neocons for treason and murder.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Whatever happened to 'people have the right to know their accusers?'

All these bureaus can just side step that. What's the use of it?

To me, when a govt. agency says "We can't tell you that" when someone says "Who accused me?" They just spit on the constitution.

That pertains to court. People have the right to face their accusers- in COURT. If she's done nothing, and knows nothing, then the investigation will never lead to court. If it DOES lead to court, well, that's a whole 'nuther game then, isn't it?

The fact that she's a mom, and a nurse, DOES tell me that she cares for people. Someone that cares for people is not likely to be a terrorist.

It just tells me she's a mom, and a nurse. I've seen some pretty damned uncaring individuals in BOTH categories.

Why don't they go secure the border or go find Bin Ladin?

If you have actual knowledge, or simple information, that will give them a lead, phone it in. I'm sure they'd be happy to check that out. I recommend ICE, rather than FBI, for the border stuff, though.

This is harassment for being at a protest and having a political view that obviously our govt. doesn't like.

Well, that obviously SOMEONE doesn't like. Not necessarily government. I wonder how many were at that protest? You can't follow up on each one, so you concentrate on the most egregious actors.

When people get attention, it's because they drew it.

[edit on 2010/6/12 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Considering Sibel Edmond's testimony about the FBI being infiltrated by foreign agents, the FBI would be better off investigating themselves instead of intimidating war protestors.

Apparently if you don't support the war efforts you are a suspect these days.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
reply to post by At0mZer0

She kept her cool, remained intelligent, and demonstrated control right in the face of the agents of IMPERIALISM.

I have to admit though, the FBI was actually very cordial and not aggressive with their pursuit.

Either way, this is what things are coming to.

Much love to all...

This is what things are coming to??? Where have you been? This is nothing.. just a routine follow up on a lead where the poor 'Imperialists' have to speak to a rude woman who doesn't understand the purpose or meaning of the 1st amendment.

Guys... this is THEIR JOB! To protect us. To question. To probe. What do good cops do???? They see something suspcious and they question. I don't understand where all of you are coming from on this. You have to know when to protest people and this sure as hell isn't the time and place. This is something to be proud of. That our government is looking out for us. That they are doing so in a lawful and respectful manner.

The only person who should be ashamed is that lady. I have never seen someone so rude and condensending in my life. By the end I was hoping they were going to arrest her. I felt NO pity for her.

I started this video with the feeling of "oh no, what are they going to do to this poor mother of 5." I ended it with the feeling of "I can't stand this lady."

Have you guys seen TRUE videos of the police infringing people's rights? EVER??? Or perhaps you have seen too many and now anytime the police do anything you call it infringing on our rights.

People, people... they HAVE to do this sort of thing. To protect us. They aren't doing it to be rude. I was amazed at how they acted. They never once raised a voice. The male agent was truly confused at the lack of cooperation as I was.

If you ever get questioned by the FBI it is a GOOD thing. It means you are making a difference, getting noticed. It also means that our government is also looking out for our best interest. When I speak out against 9/11 and the Bush administration it doesn't bother me to be questioned... as long as they are respectful and don't infringe upon my rights. I have a right to protest and THEY have a right to question.

Think of my post what you will, however, I did not insult the "imperialists," as a matter of fact, I said that they were rather cordial.

You could have picked a million of these little posts who were far insulting than mine, but, this one was the one of most convenience???

And as far as protection goes...WOW, they've done a bang up job so far!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
Maybe that's a good indication that the video is fake? Because the plate isn't government issued.

Also, I doubt the FBI has casual Friday

Obviously you watch too many movies.

There's an FBI building three blocks from where I work. Few of the vehicles that agents drive (unless specifically owned by the bureau) have federal plates. Also, MOST FBI agents (field agents - not desk jockeys) dress exactly the way these people were dressed. I see them randomly in a convenience store that I frequent. You can always tell they're FBI, but usually by the way they carry themselves and their equipment (ie: phone, identification) ... but, rarely in the way they dress.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
she most likely kept her curtains closed all the time

a Nark society... not good, but as Icke has said, we out sheep the sheep (we as in the masses who dont have a clue or care to find one)
She handled herself excellently though, 'official' types depend on people being nervous, paranoid, tense etc..to throw them off balance and catch them off guard so to say, but not giving them that satisfaction works best, not many have self thought so they dont really know how to deal with someone who can handle themselves!
good for her! and thanks for sharing this OP

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

The FBI showing up at your home does deter people from going to these rallies. It sends the message the person is being watched, embarrasses them in front of their neighbors and implants the suggestions others might be planning violence. Pretty strong deterrent. I wonder if they visit people on the other side of the issue?

Civilian tags.

Casual attire.

How would the neighbors have known it was the FBI, instead of Fuller Brush salesmen?

Well, until she started chasing them down the street with a video camera, that is...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Captured a picture of the badge of the female officer.

It says she is a Special Deputy-US Marshal

So she's been deputized, because here name is Layne Brewster-Smith, and appears to be on the Police Dept for Austin University.

After looking at both badges, they appear to be real to me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da80dd82b1d9.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0978703e733e.jpg[/atsimg]
ctxcpa.com...

Nice to see a bunch of people here on "deny ignorance" ATS jumped in and called these fake cops.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
When the Fed asked "Do you know of any plans to destroy property?"

The answer should have been, "Yes, I do! That is what I'm protesting - destruction of people and property by the hands of the U.S. Government."

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by crash override
i think she should quit entertaining them and and pled the 5th and called an attorney. it was almost like she was poking the bear. if it was real?

Notice she plead the 1st amendment and not the 5th?

Also, as forward as she was, I'm surprised she didn't call the FBI to confirm their identity???

Video seems fake to me.

I thought it looked staged , was it?

[edit on 113030p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]

It looked staged to me too.
Too many things don't make sense in the video
To start with, this woman was very brazen, forward, and didn't mind taking up the supposed agents time. Well then, why didn't she verify their credentials by calling the FBI ?
She even printed in the video
"Rule #1: Check badges carefully"
So why didn't she call an FBI office to check their badges? They stated right at the start of the video they were ,"from right here in Austin".
She checked the badges sooooo carefully that she didn't even notice one of the 2 agents was not FBI but a US Marshal.

The video shows:
The supposed female agent is not FBI but a US Marshal (Layne Brewster-Smith Special Deputy US Marshal)

The USMS is the enforcement arm of the United States federal courts. U.S. Marshals protect court officers and buildings and ensure the effective operation of the judicial system. The US Marshals Service assists with court security and prisoner transport, serves arrest warrants and seeks fugitives.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you notice in the video, they even have different badge styles.
en.wikipedia.org...

Next I've noticed that this video must have been shot on a Friday, because the supposed FBI agents are so casually dressed. I didn't realize the FBI had Casual Friday??? Oh wait, one of the supposed agents weren't with the FBI which means 2 completely different portions of the government have Casual Friday

The lady likes throwing around the pointless fact that she has 5 kids. So what? What does that have to do with anything? Is she actually claiming that if you have kids, you can't commit a crime????

At one point in the video, the lady points the camera at the female agent and again says she is an FBI agent.. But wait according to rule #1, she would have CAREFULLY checked the female agents ID ??? Now obviously the written text would have been edited in later so why wouldn't she have noticed the fact that the person was not an FBI agent at some point? I did when I watched it 1 time. She probably spent hours reviewing the footage during the editing process yet not once did this fact come up??? Hmmm....

This woman has put so little thought into this video that she actually inserts the following text
"Rule #3: Pleading silence is a 1st amendment right, it does not mean you are hiding info".

In reality,

The fifth amendment protects witnesses from being forced to incriminate themselves. To "plead the Fifth" is to refuse to answer a question because the response could provide self-incriminating evidence of an illegal conduct punished by fines, penalties or forfeiture.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

If she plead the 1st Amendment,

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law "respecting an establishment of religion", impeding the free exercise of religion, infringing on the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

en.wikipedia.org...

Took 2 seconds to look up. She seems oh so passionate about this but can't put enough thought into it to check with WIKI before posting???? REALLY??

At another point, she asks what will happen if she pleads the right to remain silent. The supposed agent tells her nothing will happen and they'll leave.

At one point she inserts a picture of FBI agents with suspects that are not caucasion. She's trying to imply these people are innocent but being harassed or arrested by the FBI but she doesn't go on to explain the picture in any way so it's obvious the picture was inserted for effect and not context.

Another odd thing is that each of the 3 characters all have different accents. Just seems odd.

One of my favorite parts is when the supposed agent offers to sit down anytime she wants, "off the record" to talk to her. She's spouting her opinion on the record at her front door in front of 2 FBI...oops. 1 FBI and 1 Marshal...anyway... she doesn't have a problem chatting on the record so why didn't she ask to set something up off the record right then and there? To at the very least, call their bluff ???? This goes against the character she's showing on camera.

She follows them out to record their license plate. The one that doesn't have a federal ID on it. Almost like it was her brothers car or something???? again kinda strange.

Throughout the video and even at the end, she makes a big deal about KNOWING YOUR RIGHTS...yet she didn't know hers...again hmmmmm.

Based on the end of this video, I believe it to be faked to inflame the situation about the aid ships. My opinion is that this person has "the means justifies the end" mentality.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OurskiesRpoisoned
Captured a picture of the badge of the female officer.

It says she is a Special Deputy-US Marshal

So she's been deputized, because here name is Layne Brewster-Smith, and appears to be on the Police Dept for Austin University.

After looking at both badges, they appear to be real to me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da80dd82b1d9.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0978703e733e.jpg[/atsimg]
ctxcpa.com...

Nice to see a bunch of people here on "deny ignorance" ATS jumped in and called these fake cops.

So she's an officer at the University of Texas and not a US Marshal ?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by richierich

The chance of getting actionable info from this type visit is almost nil. Anyone with half a brain would never admit to anything and the agents would leave with nothing, OR the people are innocent and they still leave with nothing.

They DID get actionable intel. It's right there in the video. Further, she was dumb enough to post it on the internet, and now, I daresay, there are more in possession of it than only the FBI.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Fake, their hairstyles being exactly the same on the id's as they currently had them in the video proves it for me, along with the palestine flag conversation.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

So she's an officer at the University of Texas and not a US Marshal ?

She's a University of Texas PD that has been deputized as a US Marshal, meaning she can act as a federal agent.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join