It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: FBI Shows Up At Protesters House And Asks Strange Questions! Must Watch!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

The "X-files" is recognized as a TV show, not a documentary of an actual FBI operation. At the end of each episode, when credits roll, the actual names of the actors playing each character is given, thus acting as a disclaimer that they are 'actual' FBI agents.

So if a surprise strip o gram were to show up at your house and she was wearing a police uniform, she could go to jail too?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

So if a surprise strip o gram were to show up at your house and she was wearing a police uniform, she could go to jail too?

Strippers wear costumes and present themselves as strippers. That whole taking off their clothes and never once trying to act in a manner befitting a LEO serves to preclude them from "impersonating" an officer of the law.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

A picture of a document has text in it. Text is easily identifiable via recognition software. Photo of say a tree cannot be disassembled the same way.

Facial recognition software is not really that new and what google and others are using it for to refine IMAGE SEARCHES is amazing. I used to read all about it in Wired magazine before I stopped getting it over a year ago. Just saying. Videos are just a bunch of pictures in a row.

Yes I'm aware of all this.
And I'm aware about facial recognition.
Typical FR Software does the following:

A facial recognition system is a computer application for automatically identifying or verifying a person from a digital image or a video frame from a video source. One of the ways to do this is by comparing selected facial features from the image and a facial database.

So in other words, they take known data points from a known source starting point (ie face) then correlate those points and compare with a database.
This is much harder to do without the known starting point for reference. As example, the computer parameters for a face are defined so the computer first see's the face, then the details. Now for something without roughly the same features such as a tree or anything else with a potentially random pattern, is much harder for the computer to interpret. And this example is comparing 1 picture of 1 frame. Now complicate the process by having the computer system compare millions and millions of videos all with 15-60 fps and some hours long....well hopefully this clarifies the problems they would run into.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

So in other words, they take known data points from a known source starting point (ie face) then correlate those points and compare with a database.
This is much harder to do without the known starting point for reference. As example, the computer parameters for a face are defined so the computer first see's the face, then the details. Now for something without roughly the same features such as a tree or anything else with a potentially random pattern, is much harder for the computer to interpret. And this example is comparing 1 picture of 1 frame. Now complicate the process by having the computer system compare millions and millions of videos all with 15-60 fps and some hours long....well hopefully this clarifies the problems they would run into.

The researchers' approach modifies a typical machine-learning method used to train computers to recognize images, says Nuno Vasconcelos, professor of electrical and computer engineering at UCSD. The result is a search engine that automatically labels pictures with the names of the objects in it, such as "radish," "umbrella," or "swimmer."
Source

I said it can be done. All you are presenting me with are reasons why you would need a faster processor and more memory to do it faster. Thanks for eventually agreeing it can be done.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

The Woman in the video was all ready prepared for the Feds and well rehearsed because it was her group that called the Feds in the first place.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Izarith]

I didn't consider this possibility. As you say she was well rehearsed.
Nice thinking outside the box !
Starred

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Strippers wear costumes and present themselves as strippers.

Not all the time initially which means according to you they'd go to jail.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

The researchers' approach modifies a typical machine-learning method used to train computers to recognize images, says Nuno Vasconcelos, professor of electrical and computer engineering at UCSD. The result is a search engine that automatically labels pictures with the names of the objects in it, such as "radish," "umbrella," or "swimmer."
Source

I said it can be done. All you are presenting me with are reasons why you would need a faster processor and more memory to do it faster. Thanks for eventually agreeing it can be done.

I never said it couldn't be done. I'm trying to explain to you why it's not practical in all instances.

Notice that in your own post, it says images and not video?
Warp drive is possible. Anti-matter reactors are possible. Teleportation is possible.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Not anymore. You have me totally convinced they are going to come back with tanks, set the house ablaze, cook her children alive, kill her husband and shoot her dog. You are super convincing.

Oh-no-no-no-no-no... that isn't how they operate. Do you actually believe that they're gonna put on a public fireworks display just for you... over some arrogant woman hiding behind her children??? And then sit back and wait for the public to go crazy??? A-hem... think again.

They're gonna be coy and get everybody else to do their dirty work for them... covertly. Like posting that video on ATS just to get the ball rolling. Her husband will probably get audited by the IRS... if not lose his business/job. She'll start getting pulled over for some minor driving infractions... or failure to pay a parking ticket that the officer forgot to stick on her windshield. Her kids will start getting harassed at school. They'll tap her phone and make sure she knows it's tapped. They'll let the air out of her tires at an extremely inconvenient time... and get in her face in ways you would never believe possible.

Or... they can do what the Anonymous Azz---- did to my phone this morning and screw up my voicemail. Thanks Anonymous Azz---- ur such an Azz----.

Need I go on???

[edit on 15/6/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by At0mZer0

Excellent video, the woman handled the situation boldly and calmly and exercised her due rights. It's clear the cops were there due to her taking part in protests. S&F

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowArcher
For christ's sake. I can't even watch that. Just a couple of minutes in and she is seriously getting on my nerves. They are there very simply to follow up a call they got - which they have to do. Yes the questions are stupid, but for # sake, just answer and get on with whatever you're doing

He asks if there is any intend to do damage or hurt anyone or whatever - yes, kind of a stupid question; though there are reasons for it. Even more stupid though is her answer - "So you think I, mother of five wonderful kids, am going to go and destroy property..." That's where I stopped it. What a #ing moronic answer. He did not imply that she was, he asked; being a mother is irrelevant; whether or not you think your children are 'wonderful' is irrelevant.

The rules she's putting up for dealing with them are good and helpful, but her conversation with them, as far as I saw, was just pathetic. They don't want to be there any more than she wants them to be there.

How the conversation should have gone was thusly:

"Hi, can I help you."

"FBI - we just wanted to make sure you weren't thinking of doing anything harmful after that protest you were at."

"No."

"Ok, bye then."

But no, she had to drag it out and turn it into - from what it seems from other posts - a political debate with them. Ridiculous.

I can imagine the thoughts of how ridiculous she seemed going through those FBI agents' heads. Still, at least she was polite - if needlessly sarcastic and mocking.

Finally! someone who doesn't think this woman deserves some sort of award for making someone's difficult job even more so.

These two were sent there by the boss. Period. They are doing their job. The mockery and such that she put them through was retarded, and I see no reason to condone her behavior at all. Video taping the Q&A was fine, but the constant laughing and mocking was un called for.

This was someone's way of letting her know she's on the radar, that's it.

She keeps stressing she's a nurse and a mother of 5...then WTF is she doing playing poli-activist? Be a mom, be a nurse, leave all the poli active crap for those with less responsibilities....she made a choice...can't have her cake and eat it, too. This is part of what's wrong today...parents pursuing their own interests at the expense of their kids and family...why take the risk?

CDS

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This thread needs to get dead asap. The woman in the video is a totally freak. Put her in jail for being a dumbass

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The "X-files" is recognized as a TV show, not a documentary of an actual FBI operation. At the end of each episode, when credits roll, the actual names of the actors playing each character is given, thus acting as a disclaimer that they are 'actual' FBI agents.

No. Why would you think that? I'm assuming that you mean she IS licensed. Not being licensed could be problematic around here. This place loves it's revenue.

I know several of the cops around here, but not any that strip out of their uniforms for money. I'm pretty sure that if one really did that, there'd be some disciplinary action headed there way.

Pity, isn't it?

[edit on 2010/6/15 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Why do I feel like I just wasted 10 minutes???

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

No. Why would you think that? I'm assuming that you mean she IS licensed. Not being licensed could be problematic around here. This place loves it's revenue.
Yes assuming she is licensed. Not sure why this point is being totally missed.
If you have a LICENSED strip o gram woman....dressed as an officer...or for that matter a bachelor party stripper....who shows up and PRETENDS to be an officer....is initially dressed as an officer....and acts like an officer...then apparently she/they must be arrested and put in jail. Not according to me...possibly to you.

I know several of the cops around here, but not any that strip out of their uniforms for money. I'm pretty sure that if one really did that, there'd be some disciplinary action headed there way.
[edit on 2010/6/15 by nenothtu]

I've actually known 2 female police officers who stripped nights. They kept it on the down low but everyone including their superiors knew what they were doing.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
Why do I feel like I just wasted 10 minutes???

You did.
Feel lucky it wasn't 20

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
They always send one Joker card to any Protest to subvert its efforts in sensitive areas of political debate. Just look at the Tea Party movement.

Great basis to start from it got turned into a truck and tractor pull. How you can have so many issues with the constitution turning the constitution into the bible which would make a great book by the way.

Making God the primacy of a movement that was intended to address the violations of the constitution will make me laugh till I die.

I want to make the t-shirt that says what would Jesus rape............................ A good tea party will haunt my political views forever.

Sorry, moving on C.I.A. and F.B.I. work hand and hand with military contractors
"LCS lie cheat steal" to keep the political climate separated.

I think they created the democratic party too because that's as close to ethical prostitution as you can get in the United States with secret ballots.

Sorry ............. Sorry ....... Cough....... Well

They don't want a strong political party from the people because it may out way business interest.

I don't see what Jerusalem is offering overall next to communications security but that interest may of been the card used against you to bring the F.B.I. to your door.

Next time you go to a protest you may want to bring a video camera so you don't get gift wrapped with this Jewel of our political system.

It could of been worse The G20 or Tianjin square. btw call your congressman for place to protest that damage in the area cannot cause a security concern.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
- So that means that they are watching US Very closing - so we can't trust everyone we meet - this is just another scare tactic, and should be illegal as these people should be put down because of their un-ethical deeds.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Hello all,

Here is the man's YouTube channel that made the "official version" video:
(Jeffry Zavala from ZGraphix)

SocialJusticeNOW's Channel

And he's definitely trying to get this viral ...

Facebook

If you do a search on him, he's a busy boy ...

- Hermit

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I dunno... The idiot behind the camera seems to believe that the "Right to remain silent" is somehow a "1st Ammendment right" sooooooooooo... I'm already a little concerned. Seems to me that a.) the FBI were simply doing their job to ensure that she wasn't a part of a conspiracy - although I am uncomfortable with the potential violation of the right to "Peaceably assemble" AND b.) she PROBABLY is a part of some conspiracy, at least based on the bizarre behavior I witnessed, and the FBI SHOULD be checking her out... in my opinion anyway.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm not from America so this is an honest question:

How would the FBI feel about being politically used like this?

This is all over the net now.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join