It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Set thine house in order.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This is a interview with Andrew J. Bacevich on Bill Moyers Journal from 2008.

I really don't know how to describe the videos, but I felt compelled to share them.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Nobody has watched this?

Guess its not entirely surprising.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wow, that was great. I think that though we know that we are worn thin, I think he makes a great point that we don't really have the resources to keep"fixing" everyone.

Our troops are so spread out, that if something were to happen here, there would be no one to protect us, and other countries are aware of this. The debate that Ive seen here on ATS concerning martial law, and what Americans would be capable of doing to other Americans is irrelevant, when there are no American troops here. We would have to depend on other countries to do our biding, and frankly I don't think we are as popular as we think around the world.

Seeing these videos and realizing that we are spread so think with the constant tours of our troops and the debate on whether or not we should even be in Afghanistan or Iraq, will put a greater weight on us on the end.

Our constant need for all things foreign is what going to bite us in the end, and I figure by the time we realize that... it will be to late. We haven't fully got our ducks in order and the Imperialism that he spoke about and the disgust that America had for other countries that have done what we so openly say is spreading democracy around the world is going to bite us on the end... in the end.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
Nobody has watched this?

Guess its not entirely surprising.
If you don't even know how to describe them, why he heck would anyone waste their time watching them?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I guess thats left to the discretion of the reader/viewer.

But if I couldn't describe sound to a deaf person would that mean Mozart wasn't worth hearing?

new topics

top topics

join