It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP and US Government Do Not want to Clean UP the Oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I can draw no other conclusion. It started with the government refusing to use Dutch expertise at the start of the crisis.

www.examiner.com...

Two miles worth of American built oil absorbent skimmers, sit idle in Maine dockyards,
www.pressherald.com...

Many proven relative simple technologies for removing or absorbing oil from water.
www.hannity.com...

Nano-particle filter can remove oil from water
www.sciencedaily.com...

Government stonewalls Jindal in allowing him to take action that the government won't. Denies Jindal the help Louisiana needs.
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

The government defers to their masters, BP (run by a who's who of Bilderbergers and Trilateral types) .
www.telegram.com...

BP and government refuse to let reporters and scientific experts examine the coastal damage.
www.mediaite.com...

I can only speculate as to why this is happening. Perhaps letting the disaster run it's course will allow Obama to argue that the oil industry needs to be nationalized. More control can therefore accrue to the oligarchs. The usual Hegelian dialectic.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I guess I spoke too soon. Leftist talking heads are already calling for the nationalization of the oil industry.

hotair.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this, good research. I actually made some notes to myself this morning about starting something very similar.

What bugs me the most is how the majority of Americans seem to be numbing down, tired of hearing about it, etc...We should be DEMANDING action, shouting it from the rooftops!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

There were a couple of other stories I wanted to link to, but I haven't been able to find them. I have heard reports that the government was actually preventing private beach owners from cleaning up their own property.

If this gets bad enough a little vigilante justice may be in order. At least to the point of letting municipalities and private land owners bring in the idle skimmers and deploying the technology that the government refuses to use, whether or not we have corporate approval from the Illuminati headquarters.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What I still can't figure out was how it appears that Jindal sat around whining and crying about how the bad government wouldn't respond fast enough or wouldn't allow them to protect the coastlines.

What the Hell was he waiting on?

He could have rose up and said SCREW YOU to the Feds and authorized those people and boats to build the sand bars (or whatever he called them) to protect the marshes...He could have DARED them to stop them!!!

And people now whisper his name in presidential bid circles!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
the event was named a "national security" emergency. The Pres is then in charge and would arrest any local official that interferes.
Wrong doing to be sure, but within the law of the land.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
naturalresourcereport.com...

I think if you add these two up you gat an idea of where this is heading:
part two at the bottom from a thread by
Fakshon

Clean Water Bill Threatens Property Rights

WASHINGTON (April 21, 2010) – The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA) and the Public Lands Council (PLC) are strongly opposing the so-called “America’s Commitment to Clean Water Act,” introduced earlier today by Rep. James Oberstar (D-Minn.). The Act would remove the word “navigable” from the definition of “waters of the United States” under the Clean Water Act, granting the federal government unprecedented regulatory authority over all waters regardless of whether or not they have any environmental significance.

“Removing the word ‘navigable’ from the definition of waters of the United States is a non-starter for us,” said Tamara Thies, NCBA chief environmental counsel. “Navigability is essential to maintain the appropriate federal-state balance that has always been the hallmark of the Clean Water Act. Without it, the reach of the federal government’s strong arm will be limitless. While this bill claims to exclude ‘prior converted croplands’ from regulation under the Act, it actually takes away the authority of the Secretary of Agriculture to determine which lands meet that definition, and gives it to the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency.

“In addition, it’s perplexing that the author claims that the bill will not regulate groundwater when a groundwater exclusion is not included in the statutory language of the bill. This bill would take away state and private property rights and would only lead to endless litigation and bureaucratic red tape. The result would actually hamper our nation’s ability to maintain clean waters.”

Currently, waters under the federal jurisdiction of the Clean Water Act are defined as “navigable waters of the United States.” Other waters are subject to regulation by individual states, which are better equipped to manage their own unique geographical concerns.

add that to this...........PART TWO

You are not lying brother, I remember all of that. Hell, I am from Central Texas and the massive land grabs "Eminent Domain" usages around Texas has been flying off the handle for years. Double Taxation on Roads we already paid for, Land being ripped from families that have owned the land for decades, local corruption, county corruption, state corruption, and national corruption his rampant.

Everything is crazy down here, and the funny thing is that I see it happening now up there in Louisiana and the other states. They are getting is ready for a massive land grab.

Here in Central Texas they use the same tactics but on a minor scale, we call it Pollute and Shoot. If they want a good sized piece of land next to a business (Chemical Factory, Pharma Company, Bio Company, Etc...) they will accidentally pollute the area, then offer to buy the land at a discount and wham they got some really good property for the price of a burger, fries and a coke, lol.

If for some reason that doesn't work, they will request the good old politician to condemn the property or pressure them to use eminent domain to grab the land and then purchase at a discounted price.

The same thing is going on with the Tran-Texas Corridor which if you have noticed has been mentioned on TV lately. It's funny how Ron Paul was crazy when he talked about it, then after he lost the election it really did exist. All the TV networks had to do to find out if it was real was ask, I would have shown them the huge freaking highway in the middle of nowhere. I'd also show them the new toll roads around Central Texas which was built primarily on the same roads we already paid for with local taxes, now we have to pay again just to drive on the road we paid for.

Oh well guess no one realizes they are getting punched in the face till they hit the floor.

Thanks again brother for the support of this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well now they are talking about how this could essentially destroy all life for hundreds of miles in every direction, as some other threads have suggested

Given that there was no real serious attempt to stop the leak, could this have actually been planned?

I didn't fully get the gist of Danbones response until just now. It provides another possible reason for engineering this disaster.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by SevenThunders]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The reason they won't clean it up, is because they CAN'T!!! It is out of control!!
and they are scared to death! But we should be the ones shaking in our shoes.
Forget,the sea life we need to think about life as we know it changing forever.

I fully believe this is the reason their has been so little reported locally as well as a media blackout. Factor in BP buying up google search sites and could it be that what they have discovered is beyond anyones control!
A mega disater about to happen? They don't want us to know that is for sure.

There is a program called Deep Sea Drilling it is primarily used for scientific reasons regarding the what lies beneath the ocean floor etc. Geophysical purposes only.

However, drilling an oil well this deep has always been an interest.

On one of the sites with a water depth of 1,067 m (3,500 ft), core samples revealed the existence of salt domes.

Oil companies received samples after an agreement to publish their analysis. The potential of oil beneath deep ocean salt domes remains an important avenue for commercial development today.

link:en.wikipedia.org...

I believe they were attempting to drill a super well and struck a batholith volcano. And now we have oil leaking at God know's what amount all around and into a volcano where pressure is building 30,000 ft. under the sea.

Pax

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I think we ALL desreve cheaper oil no thiaks to this mess, those of us relying on oil furnaces. It costs like $700 aroudn here to get 160 gallons!!! they had better not have the nerve to raise any fuel costs via the gas pump or home heating oil*

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
they had better not have the nerve to raise any fuel costs via the gas pump or home heating oil*

It's the law of supply and demand. Basic economics. Obama by the way has placed a moratorium on drilling in the gulf. The cost of oil in the US WILL skyrocket.

Hmmm, BP could start making more money than they could have imagined if we have a run on oil prices. People are already so economically and politically ignorant that they will demand a government takeover of the oil industry.

I can already hear the evil laughter of the elites. All is going as planned.

new topics

top topics

join