It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea vows to blow up South propaganda facilities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

N. Korea vows to blow up South propaganda facilities

news.yahoo.com

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea says it will attack South Korean loudspeakers and other propaganda facilities along its border, warning it can even turn Seoul into a "sea of flame."

The General Staff of the Korean People's Army made the threat Saturday in a declaration carried by the official Korean Central News Agency.

It says the North would launch an all-out military strike to blow up any propaganda facilities along its border, and that its retaliation would be "a merciless strike foreseeing even the turn of Seoul ... into a sea of flame."

Tensions have risen since Seoul bl
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Sounds like North Korea has had enough of the loudspeakers

that are blasting their way, the loudspeakers are set up on the

South Korean side along the border.

Tensions are running high in the region after a South Korean

ship was sunk and North Korea has been getting the finger

point of blame from a number of countries. North Korea is

claiming this was a false flag event. Since then loudspeakers

were put along the border and have been blasting propaganda

nonstop. North Korea is threatening to launch an all out military

strike on all propaganda facilities along the border, warning it

can even turn Seoul into a "sea of flame."

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Well, for starters, North Korea is the side with all the propaganda facilities. I've actually been to the 38th parallel and the North Side actually has loudspeaker systems the size of buildings on the hillsides along the border.

If you were ever to go to the border like I did you would see wierd guys with telephoto lenses and video cameras constantly videotaping and photographing you to specifically create and propogate propoganda of their own. Noone on the South Side does that.

It's just like North Korea to make a threat like this too. And even if counterintelligence buildings are operating on the South Korean side of the border would North Korea even know what buildings are what? Probably not. This is just another empty threat.

The only reason the empty threats continue is because North Korea realizes their country will be destroyed if they try anything resembling a strike on the South Korean side of the DMZ. When I was stationed at Osan Air Base we were briefed on contingency plans for the region and what steps would be taken in the case of North Korean attack. That briefing was classified but what I will say is.. North Korea doesn't stand a chance..

Maybe they'll actually attack so we can finally have an official ending to the Korean War. My grandfather fought in the Korean War and you can only imagine what it must feel like to be an old man who fought in a war that so many people have completely forgotten about. A war that technically is still taking place, even if only silently. In 2000 I presented him with a shadow box with part of the barbed wire from the 38th parallel and a metal plaque inside explaining where it was from because I knew his experiences haunted him to this day. It's the only time I've ever seen him cry.

-ChriS

[edit on 12-6-2010 by BlasteR]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Thanks for your reply

Loudspeakers the size of buildings on the NK side, whoa that's insane. I can just picture that, ringing out some garbage that I wouldn't be able to understand.

I hear there are a lot of gesturing along the border between the soldiers standing guard on both sides.

People forget and the younger generation don't know the Korean war never ended, kinda crazy it was just put on pause and nothing was ever signed to end it. My grandfather also served in the Korean war.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The article specify that the South will use the loudspeakers for propaganda
(atm they broadcast music) against North AFTER the Security Council will
vote new sanctions (in response to Cheonan sinking).

Well, we will see if the sanction will pass, the South will start broadcasting
propaganda AND if the North will blow-up the loudpeakers.

I don't know when the sanctions will be discuted, but i am really interesed
to see if the sanctions will be, lets say, in same time with a new flotilla
to break Gaza blockade.

If South will start propaganda in the day ''X'' and in same day we gonna
have the iranian ships (or turk ships) about ready to force the Gaza
blockade...well, i will bet my last buck that the SHTF in both ME and
koreean peninsula.

If the above will NOT be in a very small time window, nothing will happend.
I just cannot see a war in koreean peninsula without a war in ME.
Its either both, either none.

Lets hope for none

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Recollector]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

NK threatening to blow something up?
What else is new?

Here, I'll write their next press release:

"BOOM!"

That should do for the year.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Cripes, how long has North Korea been mouthing off like this? They still get the press, though, don't they? I wonder why.

They aren't even capable of keeping their lights on at night, much less create a sea of flame anywhere. BP can do a better job of that.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Sea of flame... This is not the first time this was said. They need to hurry up and do it already, either $hit or get off the pot. So tired of this BS.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I do believe this song was written about North Korea.And should be played on the south side's wall of sound.
www.bing.com...

[edit on 12-6-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
THe SOUTH KOREANS SURE ARE PISSED ABOUT THE AMERICAN PROPOGANDA FORCED ON THEM BY THE AMERICANS
according to the SOUTH Korean papers

[Editorial] Punishment of Cheonan opinions contrary to government must stop

"Immediately after the announcement last week of the Cheonan investigation findings, the Lee Myung-bak administration held an emergency meeting and announced that it would be cracking down on any and all acts of spreading falsehoods about the cause of the sinking.

Yesterday, the Korean National Police Agency (KNPA) announced that it was carrying out a focused investigation of Internet users spreading false information through Internet bulletin boards and blogs. KNPA stated that the targets for investigation would be malicious conspiracy theories, but if events unfold according to police investigation methods, all critical and analytical posts about the cause of the Cheonan¡¯s sinking or the government¡¯s response could become targets for the crackdown. It is abundantly clear that legitimate questions and differing opinions are being curtailed.

Gagging the South Korean public has already been taking place openly. The Ministry of National Defense and the military have pressed defamation charges against former Cheong Wa Dae (the presidential office in South Korea or Blue House) National Security Strategy Secretary Park Sun-won. Park said, ¡°The wake and communications records from the Cheonan that the South Korean government did not disclose are probably in the hands of the U.S.,¡± and joint civilian-military fact-finding team member Shin Sang-chul claimed that the Cheonan ran aground. "

www.hani.co.kr...

ooops sorry but the edit of title
my bad

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
NWO is working its way through quite fine. Seems even if we stop their agenda its gonna take hundreds of millions of lives first.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
North Koreas initial blow would devastate parts of Seoul and areas north of that area probally completely destroying the capitol city within the first couple of hours of the first attack, but once our first wave of attacks begin we would rock the North back to the stone age.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

South Korea is part of America, just like LA is part of America, North Korea is an independent nation.

That being said you can't say South Korea is behind any of this bull#, and you can't say America hasn't been implementing false flag operations before.

Taking everything in to account, America has murdered from all across its territories, not just S. Korea.

The South Koreans need to stop crying and fight for their freedom.

Same goes with the Japanese.

CX

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
North Korea is like the boy that cried wolf, they threaten so much that no-one takes notice any more.

We're going to blow this up, blow that up.

Lil Kimmy could do something about that seriously wrong hair do....but he won't.

I do think that one day we'll just laugh off another threat whilst he really throws his teddy out of his pram....and everyone will feel it.

CX.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
any enimy of the US will just wait

until BP has defeated the gulf coat and eastern seaboard

after a few huricanes blow the hydrogen sulfide clouds and Benzine clouds through the fragile farm land of the midwest where the heavier then air toxic gases ...

then after the weight of thirty Million mexicans causes Califournia
to in the immortal words of that US congressman "Capsize"

the orientals have a saying
"If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will eventually float by"

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Cripes, how long has North Korea been mouthing off like this? They still get the press, though, don't they? I wonder why.

They aren't even capable of keeping their lights on at night, much less create a sea of flame anywhere. BP can do a better job of that.

North Korea is the national version of Lady Gaga...all theatrics, attention whore, no real threat....oh and also absolutely insane.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Anybody know how I can get a fax or email to North Korea / Little Kimmy?

Let's just say I have a few things to say to him, you know, let him know what we all think of him, how sick and tired we are from his pointless threats etc!!

Maybe I could send him a letter, Mr Kim, The Palace, Pyongyang, North Korea?

You never know, it might get there!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Thanks everybody, all good replies.

North Korea is the loud mouth clown in all of this,

sooner or later that clown running his mouth ends

up getting socked in the chops.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

well it's like hockey
I Gueass
the team owners
never hit the boards face first,
or get their helmets knoked off,
or do time in the penalty box

too busy drinkin' fine libations and smoking big cigars to bother doing any real ice time....

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join