It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aborigines to greet Japanese spacecraft

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Same in Canada
you put that well
add
if they honored all the broken treaties here CANADA would be broke

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
And as an Aboriginal I think I do have a claim to some land.

Look, I have nothing against Aborigines. I can see how poorly they are treated in their regional communities. Don't think that I am knocking Aboriginies at all.

However, your quote above does not sit right with me. Just because your relations were here for Xthousands of years, how does that make your claim stronger than anyone else's claim for land?

I was born in Melbourne. I am a native Australian, by birthright, as were my parents. Using your reasoning, I should also have a claim to some land. No, my heritage isn't as long as your's, but seeing that I was born here and I have fathered children here, then my family heritage and ancestary is being spawned here. The only difference between us is that your relations go back Xthousands years, mine don't. My family spirits are here just as much as your's are.

Personally, I don't think that anyone really has any claim to land, whether by birth, ancestary, or paid ownership. However, that's another topic that has nothing to do with Hayabusa. I'm not trying to argue with you. Peace, ok.

For the third time, I've had enough of my own thread!

[edit on 12-6-2010 by tezzajw]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Political correctness gone mad.

You, sir, lack imagination.

This is just how I hoped the future would always be: multicultural, a little crazy, a world where science and ancient myth get together and have babies.

Yay for the Japanese and the Aborigines and the Australian government.

Ya boo sucks to you.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join