It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motherships in the New World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Motherships in the New World

Reports throughout history describe the phenomenon that has come to be called ‘motherships.’ Unidentified flying objects have been seen to discharge one or more smaller objects, and other times the smaller objects are seen to be taken in by the larger ones. The debunkers obviously consider them as products of the imaginations of superstitious people, nothing to be taken seriously, and ignore them. Similar sighting in more recent times however cannot always be so blithely ignored. Some of the more significant come as very detailed descriptions from too many apparently stable and reliable people. What did the debunkers, including government agencies, say about these more recent sightings? Frequently it was claimed that they were really airplanes or helicopters; or illusions caused by swamp gas, temperature inversions, planets, comets, stars in unusual alignments, hoaxes, or hallucinations.

Source

My Comments
To me this article makes alot of sense, It describes and outlines everything i believe to be true and not to be true about modern day sightings on UFO's. I Hope that i am not the only one that agrees with me on this.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

True-seer.....

To put the source material in context:

Here's the website:

ourinterplanetaryfuture.com...

Here's the reference confirming that Brener (the author of the source material) has only been interested in UFO's for a very short time:

"A news article that caught his attention in early 2008 caused him to abruptly focus on the subject of UFOs and extraterrestrial matters which has absorbed his interest ever since."

ourinterplanetaryfuture.com...

Here's the link to buy the book, as linked to prominently from the front page of Brener's website:

www.amazon.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
That's pretty cool, OP! Nice find. S&F

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Here's the reference confirming that Brener (the author of the source material) has only been interested in UFO's for a very short time:

Just curious what how long someone has been interested in a topic has to do with what they are saying? I don't mean to be rude or anything like that, just wondering your take on this angle.

I think the mothership phenomena is very interesting and, while never seeing a ship or obeject being taken into another object, I have seen a UFO that was huge and I would consider large enough to be a motership.

I wish we would just get the truth out so we could stop the speculation and get on with life, =-)

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Esteay812.....

Just curious what how long someone has been interested in a topic has to do with what they are saying? I don't mean to be rude or anything like that, just wondering your take on this angle.

The length of time someone has been interested in a topic (let alone studied it in detail) is indicative of their knowledge & experience pertaining to this topic.

This is particularly important in the context of the extremely vexatious topic of ufology.

I don't mean to be rude or anything like that

To the contrary…..I found your question to be extremely polite!

I think the mothership phenomena is very interesting

Notwithstanding the preponderance of appalling hoaxers & scam artists with their snouts in the trough of the ufology gravy train…..

…..the whole subject os UFO’s is absolutely fascinating.

while never seeing a ship or obeject being taken into another object, I have seen a UFO that was huge and I would consider large enough to be a motership.

You are extremely fortunate to have seen something like that.

I wish we would just get the truth out so we could stop the speculation and get on with life

So do I…..

…..but don’t hold your breath!

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Thankyou for adding the extra information Buddy.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Similar sighting in more recent times however cannot always be so blithely ignored. Some of the more significant come as very detailed descriptions from too many apparently stable and reliable people. What did the debunkers, including government agencies, say about these more recent sightings?

Do we have any evidence to look at, or should we just take the word of the so-called "stable" and "reliable" people?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

www.dailymotion.com...

1:47 onwards.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer

Thankyou for adding the extra information Buddy.

True-seer.....

You are very welcome!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I believe it was a documentary on the phoenix lights where witnesses said the ship they saw was a half mile long? ROFL. There is no denying it anymore, it is all about keeping folks stupid and ignorant.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Similar sighting in more recent times however cannot always be so blithely ignored. Some of the more significant come as very detailed descriptions from too many apparently stable and reliable people. What did the debunkers, including government agencies, say about these more recent sightings?

Do we have any evidence to look at, or should we just take the word of the so-called "stable" and "reliable" people?

That is usually how the Ufology field works. Rarely will you see hard concrete evidence.

So it boils down to who is a crackpot and who is most trustworthy. Since its basically a word of mouth subject to begin with. This is why people look at backgrounds of the storytellers to check and see if they could even be considered a "reliable source"

Do you trust soandso's word or not? Is it what it comes down to 9/10.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
You know I have to say after reading the first article posted by the op, I was struck by the fact that he describe it as a "sky rocket." Would rocket even of been a word then? Good post, just curious about that detail.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join