It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baghdad to cull a million stray dogs as rogue canine population soars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Why care? Maybe because we have a heart and and the killing of dogs (and wolves) is abhorrent to us. In both cases we are the problem and our solutions to what we deem as a animal overpopulation problem are always the same; extermination by any means.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
What would a program of spaying achieve? Nothing.

The unspayed dogs will continue to breed.

A spaying program would be a disproportionate waste of technical resources that would be better off used to help people. The lives of stray dogs are not worth the life of a person.

If it's stray, it's fair game.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sadwolf

As far as I'm concerned - unless you are living in Iraq - this is not your (or my) problem. It is an internal, Iraqi public health issue. I believe that the Iraqi's are best suited to make the determination needed to handle this problem.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

If those in the US wish to focus on our own internal issues, let's chat about Wolf population control or something similar. At the very least, it is relevant to us.

Why come into a thread just to say you dont want to talk about the topic? Are you lonely?

Why dont you start a thread on wolf population control in the US if you long for one.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
WOW!!!! Very interesting. Does this play into any increased trade with say....CHINA?????

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

If those in the US wish to focus on our own internal issues, let's chat about Wolf population control or something similar. At the very least, it is relevant to us.

Why come into a thread just to say you dont want to talk about the topic? Are you lonely?

Why dont you start a thread on wolf population control in the US if you long for one.

I think I made my point. But, just for you, I will make it one more time...

This is an internal Iraqi issue. They are the one's to best judge how to handle a public health issue in their city/country. How is this point off topic?

[edit on 11-6-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Point made. I cant reply in depth however, I am going over to the ET forum to tell them that I dont want to talk about ETs as they arent our problem.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

au contraire - ET's are a global curiosity and are therefor globally relevant.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
what are they doing about the overpopulation of people there?
i say give teh dogs guns and let them take care of stray humans how they deem fit.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
You are aware that we have a bunch of people over there ruining their economy

I am certain that I am against the Iraq war way more than you can possibly be, however I must point out that their economy is hundreds of times greater now than it was under Sadam.

Thats how this happened. Its hard to run an orderly spay neuter program when you are in "shock and awe."

Again, you are wrong. The dogs preceded us and are not in any way a result of the US occupation.

I dont know how the dogs got their but they are considered unclean and cannot be touched in order to spay and neuter.

You are obviously interested in events in Iraq, you should educate yourself about the people that live there.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

As far as I'm concerned - unless you are living in Iraq - this is not your (or my) problem. It is an internal, Iraqi public health issue. I believe that the Iraqi's are best suited to make the determination needed to handle this problem.

I agree with you, but you must admit that it is still interesting to discuss.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
...it has to be impossible to differientate a pet from a stray...

Absolutely. There will be the occasional pet killed by mistake, that's for sure.

I've read a couple of stories of US soldiers adopting strays. They wouldn't want to shoot one of their pets.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
They have a big problem over there, that's a lot of stray dogs. I understand they need to be put down for safety reasons, even though I hate the idea of them being killed. But geez man at least be humane about it, one clean shot to the head. To poison them, that's heartless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join