It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama Promoting Brit Bashing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The BP oil spill that occurred on an AMERICAN LEASED AND CONTROLLED? oil network, has resulted in the British being put back in their places as easy targets for those who still affectionately refer to Englishmen as Limey B*******, but the question any fair minded observer has to ask is , how is it the Brits fault?
Were they supposed to be the Americans Mother and watch their every move in the Gulf?
Are Americans not able and competent people?, History tells us so.
An accident happenned , as accidents do, it was THe USA that had no contingency plan for an oil spill of this nature and magnitude?
It was American complacency that allowed this to unfold?
Mcdonalds has stores all over the world as do KFC, if Mcdonalds in Britain was being suppplied with infected meat , would this make American Mcdonalds owners responsible?
Or would it be down to the Franchise owner or the British execs who sourced bad cows?
Obama is targetting the BP CEO and trying to crucify him mercilessly, a good tactic when trying to deflect blame , but it also is eroding his credibility, he should acknowledge it was a USA mistake and his government had not paid enough attention to oil management and safety?
I say lay off the Brits Obama, and focus on the real cause , be a man?
I personally think Obamais better than this demonising of the Brits and bP.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

No, I don't think Obama is "promoting" or even suggesting bashing of Britain or Britishers.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I reckon he is.

A lot of his late statements points that way

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by YJLTG

No, I don't think Obama is "promoting" or even suggesting bashing of Britain or Britishers.

Just to clarify "Bashing in this context does not refer to the physical act of hitting, it is known to most people as a term to describe the demonising of a race or group.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well we all know he has a real problem with us brits. Those DVDs and taking down the bust of WC in the white house is just plain disrespectful!

I wonder what we ever did to wrong him?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I understand that and I stand by my statement posted earlier.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Well we all know he has a real problem with us brits. Those DVDs and taking down the bust of WC in the white house is just plain disrespectful!

I wonder what we ever did to wrong him?

Don't lose any sleep over what Obama did. The guy is clueless.

The American people have zero problem with the British. Sure, we'll bust your chops over your accent, your love of tea, and the fact you all have really pale skin, but I think most Americans think that the British are great friends and allies.

And hey, Monty Python? You guys get big props for them!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

That is disrespectful WC should be an eternal hero to all in the west.
I am undecided on Obama , he is either a stooge or genuine, but probably in between?
But he needs to lay off blaming it on another nation, because it may backfire one day.
Blaming the CEO for avoiding responsibility is the most amusing case of the Pot calling the kettle black I have heard of in a long time.
I mean the president of the USA is ducking blame but a CEO does it and he is demonised.
Perhaps if the USA had given the Mexicans the oil lease, Obama would be demonising the Mexicans instead of the Brits.
But they had the lease? And he blames the Brits, real ethical?
The USA stuffed up an accident occurred, but they were in charge of the lease?
What nationality were the foremen, the managers, the riggers ect of this leasehold , what nationality was the safety officer, the environmental manager/exec?
Who drafted the disaster reponse plan?
Was it the Queen of England, ? Paul Mcartney? Wayne Rooney?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Obama is doing nothing but harming Trans-Atlantic relations with his rhetoric BUT! I can understand why he is attacking us.

After all its a British Company that's making a president look desperate and weak on the world stage. Even Bush rose to the challenge after 9/11 unfolded, remember him standing on the ashes of the twin towers with a megaphone saying "I can hear you, the rest of the world can hear you and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon" The crowd went nuts, you see that's leadership! (History would later show the man to be a fool) BUT! Obama is failing as a leader with this oil leak disaster. He knows it too, so now your president has been reduced to name calling and pension harming. Hardly very presidential but then it is Obama...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

I understand this. A friend of mine is a yank and we wind eachover up all the time but I see him as a brother. I like to use this as an analogy of my thoughts toward Americans.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Could somebody please post these Brit bashing statements?

Only thing I see him bashing is a corporation, and lack of regulation by the previous administration,not a country.

But please, prove me wrong, and post these statements in quotes, with the source.

I will be the first to bash Obama.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN

Only thing I see him bashing is a corporation, and lack of regulation by the previous administration,not a country.

But please, prove me wrong, and post these statements in quotes, with the source.

"American politicians and broadcasters have laid the blame for the accident on the Deepwater Horizon rig at the feet of the UK"

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Another link:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 11-6-2010 by ALOSTSOUL]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Obama likes to deflect any criticisms of his leadership toward anyone or anything and hope that it will take the heat off of him for a bit. It's truly sad. Everyone knew the guy had zero experience running anything but his mouth and yet a large number still voted for him. So now we have a clown in the White House with no real ideas and no real solutions for the nations' problems. He is hoping that he can divert some of the people's attention onto the British. He and Pelosi are also trying to push the blame onto Bush as well. He's hoping that people might forget that he's the USA's CEO and the one who shoulders the ultimate responsibility for straightening the situation out. Meanwhile, in the latest polls, his approval rating has dropped even further, now down to 42%

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN

He's had more than a year to do something about the lack of regulation. It's time for him to stop trying to find someone else to blame and to grow a pair and "man up".

[edit on 6/11/2010 by bagari]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Thank you for the post.

Nowhere in those articles are there any quotes attributed to ANY US offical bashing the UK.

They are bashing BP, and rightly so (just my opinion), but there are no quotes in either article of ANY Amercan officials (or public for that matter) bashing the UK.

I do agree that the PERCEPTION in the UK may be one of country bashing, but here on the other side of the pond, the perception is of corruption, ineptness and outright LIES by BP.

The only people who are being blamed here are the management of BP, which stands for British Petroleum, not British People. The rich, arrogant morons who have been running BP are scared, and their friends in government are trying to get the masses to stand up for them. No one blames the citizens or government of the UK for this, not even a little. BP is a private company and they have cause a economic and environmental catastrophe. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Had to add this post from your link, better words than mine!

bagari

He's had more than a year to do something about the lack of regulation. It's time for him to stop trying to find someone else to blame and to grow a pair and "man up".

I think during one of his speeches he did 'own up' to not reforming the MMS fast enough, and stated it was his fault. But the culture of corruption and lack of basic oversight of the drilling industry had 8 years of momentum (and $$$) behind it.

That kind of built in apathy is hard to change in a year, or a decade.

But I do think he could do more, like FIRE everyone at MMS and start over, but it is an uphill battle, fighting against alot of money and power.

He cant do it alone.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by ErEhWoN]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
As one who neither holds the British people responsible for the oil spill, nor knows anyone who does, I would suggest that the good people of the British Isles get the hell over it and try to deny the ignorance that this site so strongly suggests... especially since their own media are the ones who are hyping this.

Believe me, we've got better things to do at the moment than bitch about those who aren't responsible. BP is an internationally traded company with holdings in the U.S. We just want it fixed. BP isn't doing the job, and we're pissed about it. If that smacks of anti-British sentiment to you, then that's your problem, not ours.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Obama is a Democrat, traditionally allied with the Labor Party in the UK. The Tories, who are now in power in the UK, are traditionally allied with the Republicans. The Tories are just trying to affect U.S. internal politics by making Obama look bad by saying, "see how bad he treats his best allies." Also, BP is BIIIIIGGGGG business for the UK, and that's what Tories do, help big business whenever and wherever they can.

This is just politics, just trying to weaken the Democrats for the upcoming elections so their Republican allies can get some control over U.S. policy.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I couldn't give a flying f**k what he thinks. Obama is a puppet like all the other political characters. He can blame me personally if it makes him feel better. So now we've settled on who's fault it is, now what? Surely trying to sort out the problem is a higher priority than name calling. It just proves that he has no ideas, but wants to look busy.

Its a world disaster, not just one that affects America its effects will be felt throughout the world eventually if it continues.

I think he's just scared because we are going to thrash the USA in the World Cup tonight!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Uk is not an easy target, they are the biggest beast gov on earth and i should know what they did to me.

I am all for the attention and hatred towards the company and who is behind teh company.

If obama was really that powerful he would destroy bp, and what ever, but i doubt he has the real power.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

How exactly are you trying to say that it is not the man in charge of a company's fault for what the company does wrong?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join