It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep and The Duality Of The Human Soul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hey guys,

I have been pondering about a particular theory of mine.....

Lets assume for a minute that our souls can inhabit more than one body at once. A Soul duality of sorts.

Lets say that for each one of Us, there is another person on the other side of the planet that shares your Soul with you. I have read somewhere that the point of creation is for Souls to gather as much life experiences as possible, to be able to move on to the next level....

Could it be that when we go to sleep, another person sharing our Soul wakes up, on the other side of the planet where its morning time? Is this why we get really tired and are basically forced to shut down our bodies at night (you can die from sleep deprivation)

This would enable the soul to collect life experience and information basically non-stop, 24/7.

I have a lot of theory's about why humans (and other animals) require sleep. This is just one of them id like to share and discuss with this forum. Also please share your thoughts and any info on souls that are shared with more than 2 people at the same time.

As always, Thanks for Reading!!!

---GeminiSky

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Pretty interesting...one could go as far as to say, why just one body, in one timeline? I believe science has proven that time is false, only observed by those who abide by the rule of life and death...what if your soul
is living in countless timelines all at the same time? (i believe this theory is somewhat called soul fragments)

Anyhow, what are your other theories on sleep?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

The other theory consists of outside entities harvesting our soul energy while we are given dream scenes and nightmares to keep us busy as we sleep.

Way out there I know, but think about it.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
i awake(fall sleep) across the world and speak the same language carry the same name and have the same family as when i fell asleep?
(my dreams in my entire 35 years i have never been anything but myself in my dreams.i just find myself in outlandish scenerios)

possible? in as much as all things are possible.. i guess ...maybe...

but to play along with your theory and for debates sake what if it was not the same planet or universe for that matter in which you awoke when you fell asleep here?perhaps another timeline...who knows?

~meathead

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

That would also make sense. A different planet, a different time-line, or both such as on Mars but on a time-line where it was fully inhabitable.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

For that to be true we would have to spend half our time awake and half asleep. However, we only spend about 8 hours sleeping which would mean there have to be a period where both bodies are awake at the same time.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I have been different people, younger, even a different creature once. I've gone to Venus, a few of us lived there in a newly created settlement. The ground was even still burning in places.

Maybe we get together with other souls as we sleep, little groups, and make up what we need to experience something different, or learn what we need to. Maybe sometimes with people we already know, sometimes with strangers in real life. It does seem real enough sometimes to think maybe a little piece of us travels somewhere.

Kind of like the end of Lost when they had made up their alternate lives to get back together somehow, before they went into the light.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I have been different people, younger, even a different creature once. I've gone to Venus, a few of us lived there in a newly created settlement. The ground was even still burning in places.

Maybe we get together with other souls as we sleep, little groups, and make up what we need to experience something different, or learn what we need to. Maybe sometimes with people we already know, sometimes with strangers in real life. It does seem real enough sometimes to think maybe a little piece of us travels somewhere.

Kind of like the end of Lost when they had made up their alternate lives to get back together somehow, before they went into the light.

Is this why we sometimes feel a deep connection to complete strangers? Like we already know them from somewhere in the subconscious?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I wouldn't say on the other side of the world, I would say differerent realitys. I have had dreams where I am a completly different person. That is to say I look different in all these dreams I still have my memories of "my reality".

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
i understand your concept and it interests me. some here suggest another real or universe and that seem more plausible and its what you're implying ultimately.

if this was true most of us are in a lot of trouble, we're not going nowhere when we die, our life is pretty much routine and repetitive. wake up at 7 am, go to work, come home, sleep-repeat. i left out the little details but you know what i mean. we're doomed to repeat this life for all eternity if we keep this up.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

"Is this why we sometimes feel a deep connection to complete strangers? Like we already know them from somewhere in the subconscious?"

-----------------------

That makes sense. I've sometimes wondered when I've woken up who those people were, and sometimes I miss them.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
in all of my dreams im still me, but im allways living at my old house which i left 15 years ago i never dream about my current house wierd.

it would be crazy if my life was someone else's dream and vise versa, because they would have some pretty boring dreams lol and if my dreams are someone else's life they are completely bonkers

good theory geminisky

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Could this also be why humans only use a small percentage of their brains? Like a partitioned hard drive?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I've considered what is described here as the fragmented soul concept where there is an oversoul representing the sum of these fragments.
So for instance, I am living here now experiencing lessons and growth which will stream into this oversoul which is higher consciousness. Maybe when we hear about soul mates it is these soul fragments which are apart of our oversoul that we feel affinity for because we are sharing the same vibration (soul memories?).

Did you ever read the Oversoul 7 books by Jane Roberts? The book goes into much more detail about oversouls and how our past, present, and future lives connect us to the Godhead so that oversoul ultimately has an oversoul and so on. So in essence we are all one.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky
Hey guys,

I have been pondering about a particular theory of mine.....

Lets assume for a minute that our souls can inhabit more than one body at once. A Soul duality of sorts.

This I would agree with. As an experiment, I partially enters my wife's human body to do a look around for an infection.

Lets say that for each one of Us, there is another person on the other side of the planet that shares your Soul with you. I have read somewhere that the point of creation is for Souls to gather as much life experiences as possible, to be able to move on to the next level....

Could it be that when we go to sleep, another person sharing our Soul wakes up, on the other side of the planet where its morning time? Is this why we get really tired and are basically forced to shut down our bodies at night (you can die from sleep deprivation)

This would enable the soul to collect life experience and information basically non-stop, 24/7.

This is a very good theory, and I commend you, although I might not agree with you. I think my "other half" is on the other side. When I am here, she is there. When she is here, I am there. Of course, I could be wrong.

I have a lot of theory's about why humans (and other animals) require sleep. This is just one of them id like to share and discuss with this forum. Also please share your thoughts and any info on souls that are shared with more than 2 people at the same time.

As always, Thanks for Reading!!!

---GeminiSky

I always thought that for one, our human bodies need rest, and our Spirits need to to visit their friends. If you sleep a lot, you are not one with your Spirit. If you are at one, you need little sleep. Good post, thanks!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
Could this also be why humans only use a small percentage of their brains? Like a partitioned hard drive?

This may very well be, I build computers and can relate to the concept of a partitioned brain lol

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya
I've considered what is described here as the fragmented soul concept where there is an oversoul representing the sum of these fragments.
So for instance, I am living here now experiencing lessons and growth which will stream into this oversoul which is higher consciousness. Maybe when we hear about soul mates it is these soul fragments which are apart of our oversoul that we feel affinity for because we are sharing the same vibration (soul memories?).

Did you ever read the Oversoul 7 books by Jane Roberts? The book goes into much more detail about oversouls and how our past, present, and future lives connect us to the Godhead so that oversoul ultimately has an oversoul and so on. So in essence we are all one.

This actually sounds like the concepts that A'shayana Deane presents in her Project Camelot interview. I have not read any of the Oversoul 7 books, are they any good?

I do feel like I may have met strangers who were indeed part of the same Oversoul as I. If it was a woman, I felt a high connection in an attraction sort of way. If the person I met was male, I felt a brotherly kinship type of feeling towards them.

Please share more information on these Soul, Oversoul, and Godhead theories. I would love to hear more.

Thanks!!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This is very interesting. I had the very same thought today. I was exhausted from running around in circles for my 6 month old son today. My wife came home and I told her "I'm exhausted and going to take a nap". Now I quickly drift into a deep sleep. I woke an hour and thirty mins. later and felt as if I just had 8 hours of sleep. I laid there when I woke and realized how deep, distant, and active my brain had been. I remember lots of interaction, but not the specifics. I honestly feel as if it was a different dimension.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Hi GeminiSky.

The Education Of Oversoul 7 book by Jane Roberts is one of my favorite books. It is a channeled book by an entity named Seth. He would speak through Jane Roberts which her husband would subsequently write down.

I believe her first book was called Seth Speaks. The subject matter was teachings about how our past, present and future lives are happening simutaneously, how we create our own realities by our beliefs and level of understanding. What is amazing is that she channeled this information in the early 70's before quantum physics was discussed (possibly known about?) and the new age movement was just starting.

So getting back to the Oversoul Seven books (it's actually a trilogy of 3).
The book(s) are works of fiction that incorporates all her teachings.
Oversoul 7 is an entity guiding 4 people in various times in history who are part of its soul. The book takes you through the lives of these people with the lessons learned through their choices made from where they are at on a spiritual, cultural, growth level.

Throughout the book you are seeing how Oversoul 7 is trying to guide these character without directly interfering with their choices. He meets up with them in their dreams and tries getting them to consciously remember key points and knowledge he's gained to offer them guidance in their waking state. Its simply an amazing, amazing book how they are all interconnected and how ones choice in that incarnation effects them all.

Oversoul 7 also has a teacher who is his higher self or oversoul on a evolved level which is no longer needing to reincarnate physically and is trying to advance to the God stream (highest consciousness). So in essence you have all these layers of soul fragments trying to evolve the various dimensions of itself! Its mind blowing how it all comes together once you read the book. I can't recommend it enough. I read this book in my teens back in the eighties and it totally formed my beliefs about life and so-called death to this day.

Anyway, if you do decide to read it I would love to hear back from you to discuss further. Another comment I'd like to make it about soul mates.
I had the good luck to come across two people I believe to be soulmates.
One female I met in highschool who to this day is my best friend. We are so closely attuned we can practically read each others minds. The other person is a guy who if we weren't already married to others ......!!! But we are very close in a brother/sister way and always know when the other needs to vent or needs a boost. Definitely makes life more special.

I will be checking out those Camelot interviews you spoke of. I'm not familiar with the lady. Sounds interesting. Take care. M.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join