It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince warns S. Arabia of apocalypse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
A few things to remember about our friends on the Arabian Peninsula:

As long as the Saudis can extract oil from the ground for about the cost of $1 a barrel (which still applies) the Wahhabi based monarchy will remain in power. Those petro-dollars pay for alot of arms and alot of control over their society.

They are one of the strictest regimes in the world in terms of the control over their population. Iran and Iraq were overthrown by external forces preying on their govts and populaces. Not bloody likely to happen there anytime soon. And lest we forget where Mecca and Medina are located as well. The integrity of the Hajj would be at stake for the entire Muslim world, reagrdless of sect based affiliation.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This bloke sounds a bit like a Saudi outcast, an early OBL, to me. And, I am reminded of the Koran's requirement to "send someone to warn, before punishing".

However, the complete lack of subtlety in his exhortation to take the money and run, does not seem to indicate any religious zeal in his warning to the Saudi ruling family. Unless of course, he is simply trying to communicate to them in terms they understand best. If he is a religious zealot, his use of the inclusive "we" may not be aimed at the Saudi royals but rather at the wealthy "middle management" of the country.

As to his reference to "surviving the loss", I interpret that as the loss of Saudi oil and wealth to the UK and USA. In which case he could be right. We might not survive the loss of either their oil or their land as a military base.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Maybe the prince just read to many threads on ATS and he is losing his mind like all of us are.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
One of my concern is what happens if the the royal families' opposition are US backed. I mean the US have a history of backing dictators and putting them in power. Watch this video
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The Saudi monarchy is able to generate wealth because of the huge oil reserves present in some parts of the country. The monarchy has imposed the strict Wahabi system of governance on its people and has thus been able to retain the political control. However, in case the oil supply is disrupted(for e.g. in the event of war in middle east ), the revenue generation for the monarchy would stop and then civil unrest would just be a matter of time.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by order in chaos
The Saudi monarchy is able to generate wealth because of the huge oil reserves present in some parts of the country. The monarchy has imposed the strict Wahabi system of governance on its people and has thus been able to retain the political control. However, in case the oil supply is disrupted(for e.g. in the event of war in middle east ), the revenue generation for the monarchy would stop and then civil unrest would just be a matter of time.

Is it possible that the US have a plan on trying to overthrow the Saudis?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
One of my concern is what happens if the the royal families' opposition are US backed. I mean the US have a history of backing dictators and putting them in power. Watch this video
www.youtube.com...

That wouldn't be too surprising. The US is known to play both sides and thereby prepare for contingencies.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Is it possible that the US have a plan on trying to overthrow the Saudis?

It is quite feasible to think that the administration (read CIA/State Department et.c) might have plans in place to respond in various scenarios. For example, if the Saudi royal family starts getting too comfortable with the Chinese or the Russians, then the U.S government wouldn't stand silently to witness the change. Maybe some agent provocateurs/black ops/ambitious members of the Saudi military who are on standby would spring into action in such a scenario.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Very interesting...

Not sure how significant this will be, but it seems pretty damn significant to me right now.

S&F&Bump.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

And lest we forget where Mecca and Medina are located as well. The integrity of the Hajj would be at stake for the entire Muslim world, reagrdless of sect based affiliation.

That makes the regime even more ripe to be overthrown by an ambitious mullah/religious leader. During the overthrow of Shah in Iran, many of these Sunni Kingdoms/Sheikdoms were concerned that if a religious figure of a similar stature/charisma like that of the Ayatollah emerges in their territories, then regime change would just be a matter of time.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia gives Israel clear skies to attack Iranian nuclear sites

Source

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Also, we need to consider the fact that Saudi Arabia is crucial to U.S and the western oil companies because of the "reported" amount of oil reserves in its territory.

Saudi Aramco Has 260 Billion Barrels Oil Reserves

Even though the state run oil company states that it has 260 billion barrels of oil reserves, it has never stated the percentage of this figure that is recoverable. Also, the oil reserves that are reported by the kingdom are at best "an estimate" or "a calculated guess". Perhaps, the Kingdom knows that the actual capacity might be much less. If that were the case, then the Saudi Kingdom would no longer be indispensable for the Americans.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hey! Nobody noticed he speaks of safety in Switzerland, Canada and Australia?! What is it about those countries that makes them safe in his view?

Maybe the Golf Disaster will be so devastating, BP, and UK, will get ruined to help the US, and they'll both be so busy, no one will be there to prevent Israel from "hanging itself with hands tied in the back..." thing.

In anyways, we are likely to see a NWO emerge soon enough.

And as any birth, it'll be bloody and painful...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grinder
Saudi Arabia gives Israel clear skies to attack Iranian nuclear sites

Source

And there is a reason for such a decision. The Saudi Kingdom equally despises the Iranian regime. When the Shiite rebellion was started by the Houthi rebels in Yemen last year, the rebels were backed by Iran. However, the rebellion threatened to spill over into the Shiite dominated territory of Saudi Arabia. The Saudi Air Force launched air strikes inside Yemen to quell the rebellion. But the most important factor here is that most of the Saudi oil fields are located in the Shiite dominated areas of eastern Saudi Arabia. No wonder that the Saudi Kingdom is wary of Iran and could even go to the extent of offering covert support to Israel against Iran in the event of a war.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
USGS: Venezuela Oil Field Dwarfs Saudi Arabia Reserves

If this is the case, then US and other economies have "options" other than Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

He must know of some major event about to unfold, maybe because the oil spill or something else, but the elites seem to be anticipating that the United States, Britain, and Israel at least won't survive whatever loss he mentioned in passing.

Israel will never again cease being a nation...ever!

You can bank on that.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

USGS: Venezuela Oil Field Dwarfs Saudi Arabia Reserves

If this is the case, then US and other economies have "options" other than Saudi Arabia.

No they don't.

1) Saudi/Kuwait are crutial military allies, and they can't upset either.
2) They buy our debt if we buy their oil, they could devalue the dollar if we went with other options.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This particular prince was the chief of Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Intelligence Service for 25 years, so I doubt he is stupid or misinformed.
It was also reported somewhere he paid protection money to al-Qaeda so they wouldn't attack the kingdom or destabilize it. If I'm not mistaken he is presently the current ambassador to the US.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Interesting.

About a year ago, I was doing some research on living in Saudi - what I discovered is that there's a lot of local strife going on, in the form of both attacks on foreigners and attacks on police/government offices. Most of it doesn't make the headlines, because it's pretty low priority stuff - no rioting, but a fair amount of late night firebomb/brick throwing, kidnappings, assaults... struck me at the time that there was a fair amount of unreported unrest in the kingdom (Unreported in terms of western media).

If Saudi co-operates with Israel in any way on an Iranian attack, I think that would be a possible catalyst for what the prince is talking about. Saudi isn't as isolated as it was 20 years ago when Gulf War 1 happened. People have access to a lot more information, both via the media and via the expat population.

Worth watching this one. If Saudi falls, Egypt and Jordan will surely follow. And none of them will fall in a direction the West wants to see.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Very interesting letter.

Expect attacks from homegrown terrorists soon if this is true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join