It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documenting Oil Sickness (Gulf of Mexico)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If you come across any news articles/first hand reports relating to people becoming sick from the oil spill post them here.

JUNE11

Vessel incident in the Gulf of Mexico leaves 36 injured

Of the 41 people on board, 36 were transported to shore, treated by emergency medical services and taken to five local hospitals. Symptoms ranged from scratchy throats to coughs and nausea.

Of those 36 people, two were characterized as more serious, complaining of shortness of breath, disorientation and chest pains. One of those two was airlifted to a local hospital for emergency care.

wireupdate.com...

JUNE 10

Gov’t and BP Unresponsive on Requests for Data on Sick Cleanup Workers
www.propublica.org...

JUNE 9

BP oil spill sickens 71 in Louisiana
www.cbc.ca...

Skeptical public fears oil-spill health issues
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Gulf states tracking oil-related illnesses
edition.cnn.com...

JUNE 9

Fisherman's wife breaks the silence
edition.cnn.com...

MAY 7

Oil spill may pose health risks, officials say
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Oil Spill May Endanger Human Health, Officials Say
www.foxnews.com...

==================

CDC Responds to the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill
emergency.cdc.gov...

[edit on 11-6-2010 by ZombieSlayer]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
ATS Related Articles

Louisiana Fishermen Helping in Spill Cleanup Report Getting Sick
www.abovetopsecret.com...

OIL clean up workers getting sick; 9/11 rescue worker deja vu?

Fisherman who fell ill during oil spill clean-up alleges BP tried to cover-up evidence.

Former Valdez Cleanup Worker Warns of Toxic Dangers in the Gulf

Human Health Threats From Oil Disaster- Air Tests

Skeptical public fears oil-spill health issues

Fisherman's wife breaks the silence

EPA: BP Must Use Less Toxic Oil Dispersant; BP Refuses Change and Continues Corexit Use

Lindsey Williams : Deadly Gases Leaking from Oil Spill

[edit on 12-6-2010 by ZombieSlayer]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd03088a00e6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/248b41fab681.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer
If you come across any news articles/first hand reports relating to people becoming sick from the oil spill post them here.

Do those of us who keep getting sicker and sicker with each passing day of horriffic news from this incident count?

This is a really good idea to keep track of these stories, by the way.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I wish I knew what color cartridge that lady was using with her respirator.
She said the smell came through their respirators.. but that tells us nothing.. cause they likely just didn't have the right cartridges in the masks...

Cartridges come with a color code..

I reach for the purple cartridges for the nastiest stuff including auto body putty or polyurethane organic Volatiles and methlyamine,- Find cartridges with purple and olive color codes... I just checked the Grainger catalogue, and Industrial Supply and those cartridges at now $250! Oh wait thats for 6 pack... Oh thats not too bad.. www.grainger.com...

The last time I bought them was 5 years back and they were pricey then... and the mask I used had two of them.. and I couldn't smell anything... period, I wouldn't know that my hair was on fire until it got down to the scalp..

[edit on 12-6-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer

Do those of us who keep getting sicker and sicker with each passing day of horriffic news from this incident count?

This is a really good idea to keep track of these stories, by the way.

If you are feeling lousy from breathing this stuff, you need in increase liver clearance of the stuff...you will need N-Acetyl-Cysteine aka NAC it helps protect the liver and is prescribed to people who have damage... see beyond-a-century.com search liver support. A liver function test SGOT/SGPT and Alkaline Phosphatase will show whether the stuff it tearing up your liver..understand Im an electronics guy not a doctor blessed by the high priest at the AMA.

Activated carbon filters of anykind will soak up this stuff to a great degree... but if its heavy, they wont last long...I already told my wife to buy a case of them.

And... an ozone generator used in your house will destroy all that stuff rendering it harmless CO2 and NO2 but ozone is an irritant so do this sparingly just till the odors are gone...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

ABOUT 800 Gulf oil response workers aboard 120 vessels have been recalled to shore after dozens aboard a supply boat were hospitalised from exposure to a natural gas leak, BP has said.

The crews were "brought back to shore" as a precaution after a supply vessel accidentally broke open a gas line while mooring at a gas platform in Cocodrie, southwest Louisiana, BP's Nicole Lachance said.

"There will be a review of the events that took place," with a safety review for the 800 workers who were recalled from that area of the Gulf, she said.

The move came after 36 people were taken to hospital, with two workers complaining of more serious symptoms including shortness of breath, disorientation and chest pains.

Oil cleanup workers stopped by gas leak
www.news.com.au...

www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

www.heraldsun.com.au...

new topics

top topics

join