It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why No Flags and Stars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Why No Flags and Stars

I would just like to ask if anyone else has noticed that some quality threads just pass away into the abyss of the archives. I have read a few over the last month and they should have been hot topics, but like i said they dont get Flagged.

Do people even bother reading them anymore or has the alien/ufo forum gone down the toilet.

Please Tell me i'm not the only one that has noticed.

Kind Regards
True-Seer

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I noticed that in all the forums, but different people have different tastes. I am discouraged at all the birther threads, but all we can do is ignore the garbage and hope people get to the good stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer

Why No Flags and Stars

I would just like to ask if anyone else has noticed that some quality threads just pass away into the abyss of the archives. I have read a few over the last month and they should have been hot topics, but like i said they dont get Flagged.

Quality of thread or what may be a "hot" topic is in the eye of the beholder, er, reader.

What I may deem quality, you may not and vice versa.

[edit on June 11th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Oh ofcourse people have different tastes and at times certain forums go quiet, well basically because thier is a lack of anything good or the same thing gets brought up way to often.

But as i stated in my above post, Some quality threads do get ignored. Maybe its the oil spill and the other events, People are worried more about that.

Atleast i hope thats the case.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

One person might find a thread interesting and others may not. For all I know your referencing threads that are ridiculous and silly to the majority. Or maybe your referencing threads that are interesting to consider, but can't be looked into any further in reality, thus no pages and pages of people discussing them.

Perhaps you should list some of the threads in this thread that you feel deserved more attention in your mind?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I see what you mean greeneyedleo. But i'm talking about the topics that get a few replies saying things like, What a great find op or unbelievable story.

They also think the Thread is good but they dont flag it.

Am i making sense.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Oil Spill
Isreal
Oil Spill
Isreal
Oil Spill
Isreal
Oil Spill
Isreal
Oil Spill
Monkey Trousers
Isreal
Oil Spill
Isreal
Oil Spill
Isreal
Oil Spill

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I'm sorry but i really dont see the point in your post

And Monkey Trousers omg "i swear HUMANITY is done for"

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Monkey Trousers

Wait! what? point me to that one...

Lol

No really, I need a break from the other options.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I wonder if it is also because there are so many threads started that most people miss them after they are pushed to the bottom and out of view on the news pages.
I am sensing that there are better exposure times of the day also, like between 5 and 8 PM.

On the note of "which ones do we deem important that did not get much exposure:

6 Weeks Solution To Oil Spill
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I know the topic is getting warn, but still there is some pertinent info coming forth.

Peace

[edit on 11-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yeah i was dissapointed to see the 77 qoutes that will change your life only recive 8 flags and a few comments, That was a great thread

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I am afraid to say this happens, the quality of the UFO forum has gone down hill as of late and members are boycotting the area and not handing out flags. This happened once before but after 3 months or so everything returned back to normal. I wouldn't worry, just take what helps you and if you think its a good thread go ahead and flag it.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

To be fair the oil spill is going to dominate this site at the moment as the lies we have been told are indeed being shown for what they are. I truly believe that the oil spill will dominate the headlines possibly indefinately. As regards to the Israel, yep I have stopped reading them.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I sorta see what you're saying OP, but as it has been mentioned.. different strokes..

I've put together a few threads that, while I don't really see them as flag worthy, or star worthy.. I would still like to have a good ole conversation about them.. but only the same ones seem to reply to them, and you can't really have a good conversation with just one other person.. well you can, but you only get two minds.. where more are better.

damn, that was one long run-on sentence.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

thanks for the reminder..

I've been getting a little lazy lately on flagging and starring worthy posts.

If something is good..at least star it..if it is really good flag it!!!

I know i've came across plenty of "gems" lately, posted and enjoyed the thread and and forgot to either star or flag it.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yes. please share with us the threads you feel were great.

I'm a very frequent visiting member and it seems I almost miss all the good threads.

Reply to post by Broahes

I agree. I post on topics or news I like and want to discuss. Hardly anyone stays long enough to discuss the subject and only post one maybe two replies never to return again.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

It doesn't take much to pique my interest so after a few sentences I flag and star even those threads of people I normally disagree with. If a thread even has a remote chance of turning into something interesting; I flag it.

Big deal, flags and stars are free. Who cares?

It's not like they are some gem like prescious commodity to be hoarded for when the SHTF.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Sure, you're making sense True-seer. I frequently see well-thought out threads that are very informative, but perhaps leave little to discussion other than comments as you noticed -- "great find!" or a thanks to the OP for their time and presentation.

An art that I hope to develop is the creation of a thread which is both engaging and interesting, one that invites discussion. It appears somewhat easier sometimes to create threads that are hot-button issues that tap into people's passions, and some of those threads really take off.

It's all good. Sometimes threads that I've enjoyed just -- for whatever the reason -- don't attract a lot of attention. If I like the phrasing of a post, agree or not, I'll star it. If the thread is interesting, I'll flag it.

I am guilty, sometimes, of prejudging threads based upon their title, and don't even click on them. I'm trying to work on that as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

Thanks EX

Here are some of mine better but low attention works.

The Shocking Reality of Modern Day Extinction.

Could the galactic dust cloud be the same as the Photon belt ? (True science meets fringe theories )

Humans. Not so special after all ! Intelligence in animals and evolution ?

Do you have any personal thread where great effort was not seen or ignored ?
Checking you links now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join