It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Gray Whale Appears Off Spanish Coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Twenty-three days ago a mysterious gray whale was spotted off the coast of Israel, and it has now been spotted again this time near Spain by fishermen who were happy to confirm its existence. The whale, once thought an elusive or mythical cryptid, has been confirmed to exist as it is spotted almost 2,000 miles from where it was first seen last month. Due to changing ecosystems, whaling, and other factors both natural and man-made grey whale populations have significantly decreased and those species inhabiting the Pacific Ocean became extinct over two hundred years ago. Now the sighting of this mystery whale raises a serious mystery about where it could have come from, what it is, and where it could be going. Since the 19th century not a single grey whale has been spotted in the Atlantic Ocean. Either there is a population existing in secret in the area that has somehow completely avoided human contact, or this whale has managed to travel undetected for a distance that obliterates all previous known whale migration records. The sighting, made by SUBMON, suggests this creature could be indeed the same whale that was seen near Israel previously. If it is a different one, however, it suggests a population that has defied all odds and made a comeback seemingly out of nowhere, but that may still be in great

Source

My Comments
These whales have not been seen since the 19th century, and it makes me wonder why they would be seen now.

Has the Oil spill Disrupted its habitat and that is the reason for it showing now,Please let me know what you all think.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by True-seer]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
God I pity these intelligent animals .Honestly with all that is known about them they may very well be on par with humans even thought they use it in a different way .
They are said there songs are a language that's is more evolved then humans .This ist self imply s intelligence alest on par with us .
Now they are on the verg of extinction I cant immange what the last one will feel as he or she calls for another and hears silence.
even now there voices grow weaker and weaker im sure they know they are dieing I just wish humans could feel there anguish 30 seconds of taht would chance our attitudes quickly.
With all taht is unknown about them we may be killing the other intelligence on this planet all the wile we look out there asking are we alone and they try to say we are here listen to our song

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Ignoring the spelling mistakes

I would just like to say i agree with you and i can truly imagine what it would be like to be the last of a race. It is hard being lonely. I Fear what the other intelligent life on this planet feels. If i could i would take thier place.

It Hurts me inside, Its Truly Heartbreaking.

I'm sorry thats enough i'm getting upset.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Bah, the most intelligent beeing living in the sea are octopis...
Check some facts, whales are dumber than pigs, don't see anyone crying about that except PETA freaks.

Yeah, yeah, my spelling sucks....

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Humans assume that they are the top of the food chain because we kill more life than any other lifeform on earth. If a new super mosquito started to kill hundreds of millions of people then they would be top of the food chain.

We humans also think that we are the most intelligent creatures here on earth because of the way we interact and communicate. However we give no credit to other lifeforms that are probably more evolved and living peacefully.

I have always said that if humans were termites and the earth an historical building we would be the ones destroying it without regard for what happens when the building is no more. We are about to be wiped from the face of the planet as we would eradicated the termites from a protected building of historical interest. We take no action to stop our governments and the corporation that are raping this planet. We take no action against those that promote war for nothing more than profit. We take no action against those that persecute those for having a different view.

Do not complain when you see a vast ship cleansing this planet of humans, we deserve nothing more than eradication. We are incapable of doing the right thing as we want to keep the illusion of luxury that has been given to us by those that have enslaved us.

It is too late to repent, it is too late to try and repair the planet we have destroyed, it is too little too late. Accept your fate and pray that there is re-incarnation so that we may be given the chance to relive our lives as decent human beings instead of the malevolent creature we are.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

check your facts. Pigs are actually very intelligent.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Did I at any point mention that pigs are stupid?

NO.

I said whales are a bit dumber than pigs.

Actually pigs are smarter than dogs, but they are still beeing used as a natural resource.....

But hey, you read it as you FEEL it....

Read the post man

BTW: I would never eat a pig man, pigs are filthy animals
-Pulp Fiction

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Well cows are dumb too, I grew up with them but tell you what. I'de rather be around cows all day than most "smart humans".

If humans are so darn smart, how come we're the only species really messing up the planet now hmmmmmmmmmm?

I agree with the other people who feel sorry for the whales. Once they are extinct, their songs will forever go unsung and unheard ever after.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Can you maybe fill me in on the relevance of your statement, then? Because you are in no way clear. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer

My Comments
These whales have not been seen since the 19th century, and it makes me wonder why they would be seen now.

Has the Oil spill Disrupted its habitat and that is the reason for it showing now,Please let me know what you all think.

I read about animals that were long thought extinct that reappear and are confirmed to exist. Explanation: Life continues on no matter what...also I think the world could use more marine biologists or field biologists in general.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

My Comments

I read about animals that were long thought extinct that reappear and are confirmed to exist. Explanation: Life continues on no matter what...also I think the world could use more marine biologists or field biologists in general.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

If you do not feel I am making myself clear it might help to read the post I am replying to.

Originally posted by xxcalbier
God I pity these intelligent animals .Honestly with all that is known about them they may very well be on par with humans even thought they use it in a different way .

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

I agree with the other people who feel sorry for the whales. Once they are extinct, their songs will forever go unsung and unheard ever after.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

Way to put words in my mouth....

You seem to think im ruthing for the extinction of all whales when I was replying to a posters ignorance of the intelligence of the creatures....

---------------------------------------

Hey, I love whales they're great, but they ain't smart.

Seems like not joining the crying about how fantastic whales are is akin to denying the holocaust or something, jeez.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

and those species inhabiting the Pacific Ocean became extinct over two hundred years ago.

The gray whale is alive and well in the eastern pacific.

Numbers run around 22,000 that migrate between Mexico and Alaska.

en.wikipedia.org...

These whales are protected from the Japanese because they stay within 200 miles of the US, Canada and Mexico where Japanese can not hunt or fish.

The gray whale is known for exploring they have been seen almost 50 miles from the ocean up the Sacramento river.
www.geocaching.com...

This whale off Spain may be due to global warning.
Global warming may have opened the northwest passage allowing the gray whales to migrate across to the atlantic.
Something they have not been able to do for 1000s of years.

Not everything about global warming may be bad if the gray whale repopulates the Atlantic.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by ANNED]

top topics

join