It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Lied About 'Keeping Your Insurance':AP- "Health overhaul to force changes in employer plans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Over and over in the health care debate, President Barack Obama said people who like their current coverage would be able to keep it.

But an early draft of an administration regulation estimates that many employers will be forced to make changes to their health plans under the new law. In just three years, a majority of workers - 51 percent - will be in plans subject to new federal requirements, according to the draft.

hosted.ap.org...

Who would've guessed?

How many times were we told that employees could "keep your plans, keep your doctors?"

jw

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I don't know about "forced", but I have actually wondered if many employers, governments, municipalities ect. would voluntarily make the switch to save money.

We'll see....

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It's still a bit early for me to say "told you so", so I'll just stick with "Well, duh" which was my first thought upon reading the title of the thread. Wonder how long it'll take for everyone who said that wouldn't happen to show up, or if they will at all...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

It looks like others aren't waiting to say it.

Draft copies of the document were reportedly leaked to House Republicans during the week and began circulating Friday morning. Rep. Bill Posey, R-Fla., posted it on his Web site Friday afternoon.

"It's been passed around the staffs here on Capitol Hill. Congressman Posey thought it was important enough to share," said spokesman George Cecala.

In a statement, Posey said the document showed that the arguments in favor of ObamaCare were a "bait and switch."

"The president promised repeatedly that people who like their current plans can keep them, but now the details of their plan actually confirm what many suspected all along, most Americans will lose their current health care plan," Posey said.

Keep Your Health Plan Under Overhaul? Probably Not, Gov't Analysis Concludes

jw

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Really not surprised. I never claim to be a political guru, but I've had many debates with people who were all for this who could tell me a lot about politics I've never known. I don't feel smarter than them because of seeing how obviously bad this was.

I think the main argument against me was "So you support people dying in the streets?" I dunno, I guess that's better than the ol' "racist" namecalling.

What do I know? I'm just a baby murderer who hates poor people and takes delight in their troubles. You should see the awesome apartment I live in, in the great neighborhood I live in, with my lower-middle class salary. Talk about living it up! I'm just one of those rich elites who doesn't care about the "real people". I even own a car.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Whoa! I didn't see that coming by a long shot!

Yep, big surprise there. And I'm just positive that all the people that were on the Obama Healthcare bandwagon will be sure to post here, saying how it's all just a ploy of the right wing to bust on Obama.

Signal2Noise: The biggest fan of pre-Obama F***ed up healthcare.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

The lie was transparent at the time he said it - no one would call him on it though.

He said, you could keep your plan if you liked it. What he didn't say is that your plan would be closed down and that once you fell out of an employer plan it would be a crime to leave the public plan.

In other words, he's not going to force you to switch, he's going to force your employer to drop you in to the public plan where you will be forced into the socialized medicine prison unable to escape (well unless you hold political office or donate heavily to his political cause).

In the "truth file" they'll score him as keeping his word but the end result will be the same - million upon millions of Americans that never wanted sub-standard socialized care will be forced to use it. The government will continue to spend more than it takes in in an all out attempt to do away with the United States and what it stood for once and for all.

I don't understand why they don't just abolish taxes. They already spend more than they have in revenue and don't seem to have any problem in doing so. Why not make everyone happy and do away with taxes and just continue the spending? I guess that would legitimize the farce or something?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

The entire Democratic takeover of the Federal government has been a 'bait and switch' operation. How many Democratic Representatives and Senators are going to give up their 'Cadillac' taxpayer funded healthcare plan for Obamacare?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
How many Democratic Representatives and Senators are going to give up their 'Cadillac' taxpayer funded healthcare plan for Obamacare?

Wasn't there something written into Obamacare saying that they are not allowed to give up their solid gold healthcare plan?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
It's still a bit early for me to say "told you so", so I'll just stick with "Well, duh" which was my first thought upon reading the title of the thread. Wonder how long it'll take for everyone who said that wouldn't happen to show up, or if they will at all...

I have never seen in my man years a program that such a fuss is made over or so much sales go into ever be anything more than a bunch of god # lies.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
reply to post by jdub297

I don't understand why they don't just abolish taxes. They already spend more than they have in revenue and don't seem to have any problem in doing so. Why not make everyone happy and do away with taxes and just continue the spending? I guess that would legitimize the farce or something?

Your right....but they have to bleed us off even if it is just a bunch of numbers at this point to them.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The frustrating part is that many of us tried to warn people BEFORE Obama was elected. Visit some of the threads, and you will see how his plans would ACTUALLY unfold.
Unfortunately, 53% of the voting public, as well as the Lame Stream Media fell for Obama, hook, line and sinker.
America got what it deserved when it elected a Chicago Political Crook, someone that would continue to rob, not just Chicagoans, but all Americans.
Do you think the voting public will have learned a lesson?
I doubt it.

top topics

join