It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple oil rig leaks now threaten entire Gulf

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
another thought of mine is......frozen methane deposits heated my the magma-tic flows, caused the methane to melt and build up pressure. did any one run across methane levels? maybe standard methane levels vs horizon incident? i googled it and didn't find anything.

www.newsweek.com...

"After NOAA questioned the finding of deepwater oil plumes (but now has two boats using sonar to look for plumes), the National Science Foundation stepped in with the kind of support that matters: cash. With “rapid response” grants from the foundation, scientists are searching for plumes and trying to assess their impact. As far as scientists can tell, the undersea oil is actually a witch’s brew of crude mixed with dissolved methane, stretching 15 miles long, 5 miles wide, and 300 feet thick in the case of one plume detected by the Pelican, and 22 miles long, 6 miles wide, and 3,000 feet thick in the case of a plume found by University of South Florida researchers aboard the WeatherBird II last week. The latter plume reaches all the way to the surface."

[edit on 12-6-2010 by shaneslaughta]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
In lava lamps where the oil blob floats up and down when heated with a lamp, Turpentine is used in small amounts to make the oil stick together to much you get many small balls of oil to little you get one ball of oil, none at all you get cloudy mixture. Turpentine is a type of Terpenoid what else is a terpenoid hemp yes hemp. So I can't wait to see someone say legalize hemp so we can use it as a safe alternative to dispersants now being used in the gulf.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
i linked this top notch blogspot in another ATS thread...

http://(nolink)/

http://(nolink)/2010/06/09/gulf-oil-spill-sea-floor-collapse-seabed-leaks-prevent-bp-capping-2/

~ which has evidence that these seabed leaks & fissures are numberous & not just happening at the deepwater rig well...

in fact the whole seabed is on a grinding point between two plates and should not have been permitted to deepdrilling adventures let alone dozens/scores/hundreds of these bad-boys ready to aid in the collapse of the seabed into the 400° lake of oil below the dense packed mud dome

and then this interview with the blogspot author:

LISTEN:
Broadband Mp3 Audio
FintanDunne.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
"Never waste a good crisis." - Hillary Clinton

I am not saying that this disaster was all deliberatly planned. I am not. I am saying that people should watch how this could be used.

If there are multiple leaks... would they blame it on underwater terrorists or sabotage....

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Aside from the dead animals that humanity have murdered in their pursuit to rape, terrorize, and destroy the planet, what I find just as frustrating and heartbreaking is that I've not seen any dead planet trashers (hewmons) washing up on shore yet. I REALLY want to see dead planet trashers get their asses kicked by mother nature. I want to see mother nature defend herself and swat the planet trashers off the planet, just as I would swat a mosquito to death that thought it had some kind of superior right to drill into me to suck out my blood too.

Death to humanity for their crimes against nature!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
1st rudimentary search for 'tectonics of Gulf' search:

www.searchanddiscovery.net...

the above page tells of the western Gulf of Mexico microplate,
the Yucatan microplate,
along side the Texas-Louisania margin...
all three were in rotation in the past, and i suppose are in some sort of
of barely noticible movement/rotation right now, ->> re: to the Hatian earthquake involving one of the Carribbean micro-plates

IOW... the tiny holes of drilling are not the source of the activity,
the tectonic plate & micro-plate movements are.

yes the deepwater drill borehole did hit a massive & extremely high pressure 'pocket' est. at 12k PSI
...and the resulting blowup of the borehole casing & the rig has fractured
and compromised the strata in a manner yet to be discovered.

Bottom Line: 'someone' decided to drill that deep, in that particular location, a task without protocol... if the enterprise venture would have been discussed in a comprehensive way by a committee of minds, perhaps the project to tap into deepwater , potential reserviors of oil some +20,000 feet down, and 400° F. would have been shelved, until technology was ready to work with high-pressure, high-temperature wells as a normal procedure.

interesting reference to abiotic oil/gas being created in this deepwater Gulf
well: www.opednews.com...

my view is that the deepwater wells are located in too fragile areas,
the outgassing explosion was a result, which in turn exascerbated the situation which is now beyond our ability to 'fix'... a drastic 'remedy' with planet terra-forming is what is needed now.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
natural or not; an action that has a reaction is natural also.

i can smell something in the air that is like thicker than the first good puff of a cigarette but thin and lasting like the slow smoke when your not pulling.i lit incense and hopefully it'l all blow over.but in reality if someone wanted me near there are better ways than forcing me to move.the sad thing is the constitution of my being has roots where i am, so even if i move the reaction of the action that took place will be moving as well.

the smell smells like softkill; are the people who expect a reaction also expecting living beings who carry the constitution of the south with them and the events that are related to this topic: to live!

but seriously america is not ready for southern people who have survived an event that this topic is prosed to be their neighbors and community members and co-leagues.

a softkill seems the most logical and wisest choice from the perspective of one who sees all of the events necessary for the maintenance of what was yesterday; without me as your neighbor.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Ausar]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Aside from the dead animals that humanity have murdered in their pursuit to rape, terrorize, and destroy the planet, what I find just as frustrating and heartbreaking is that I've not seen any dead planet trashers (hewmons) washing up on shore yet. I REALLY want to see dead planet trashers get their asses kicked by mother nature. I want to see mother nature defend herself and swat the planet trashers off the planet, just as I would swat a mosquito to death that thought it had some kind of superior right to drill into me to suck out my blood too.

Death to humanity for their crimes against nature!!!

Are you serious? Are you going to include yourself in that "death to humans" flame?

Just sayin'...

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The area around the GOM is karst. I don't know what the geology is underneath of it. They just had a giant sinkhole open up in Guatemala. Here is and intersting article that links earthquakes with drilling:
www.opednews.com...
The 7.2 Baja quake has been linked to power plants using the geothermal properites of the area.
Sometimes it's more that just plate tectonics.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I am a new poster to this site, so if I'm repeating anything, I apologize.

Anyway, has anyone heard about the E. Cameron 2 (EC2) oil rig that overturned on April 30? I have seen no media press on this, other than online, and they claim it's not leaking. Furthermore, did you know that the company that owns this oil rig was the first US company to finance with Islam, according to Sharia Law. This type of finance agreement is called a Sukuk. The EC2 had their original financing with an Australian bank, but they were taking 50% of the profits, so they refi'd with Islam. This agreement took two years to accomplish and was finalized in 2006. Then in 2008 E. Cameron went bankrupt, and now the agreement is tied up in the courts, deciding how to handle it. Strange, how it's overturned now.

This is the original fire of EC2:
www.prnewswire.com...

Article about EC2 overturning:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

About the Sukuk and EC2:
www.cpifinancial.net...
www.compasscayman.com...

Articles about massive oil fields found in Gulf, from '06 and '09.
www.wnd.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...

The BP find is a bit disconcerting, in light of the fact that it's now massively leaking!!

Here's where Goldman Sachs short sells BP stocks 3 weeks before oil rig disaster.
www.dailypaul.com...

OK, just so you know, I am NOT anti-semitic, in the true sense of the word, but I have come to find that there are two major differences within the Jewish community. One is the belief of the Torah (first 5 books written by Moses in the Old Testament) and the other is the Babylonian Talmud. I'll save the details for another post, but here's why I brought this up.

Who is supporting the Muslims? Obama (pissing off the Jews)
Who runs Goldman Sachs? Jews
Who runs Central Banks? Rothschild - Jews
Who hates Muslims? Jews
Who owns most of the media? Jews
Who is disregarding International Laws? Jews (Flotilla incident and phosphorous bombs on Lebanon 2006 and USS Liberty)
Who owned Bayer? Baeyer and IG Farben - Jews - made gas for gas chambers to kill Jews
Who owned Krupp? Jews - built weapons using slave jewish labor to kill Jews

Read these articles, as they will explain better than I can.
www.jewsagainstzionism.com...
www.newswithviews.com...
www.revisionisthistory.org...

My point is this. There is a group of Zionist Jews that have a god-complex, because it sure couldn't be about the money since they have most of it, and they are taking us down, in order to have One World Govt and be gods over all of us. They are the chosen ones, right? I think Obama didn't react right away, because he knows what is going on. He is being targeted by this disaster because he has been trying to make amends with the Muslims. So, the Jews took down the Deep Horizon and also overturned the EC2 rig that was financed by Muslims.

Ok, so more on that for another post. I heard on the radio tonight, by Richard C. Hoagland, which he can be known as a conspiracy theorist, that there is a huge gas bubble sitting on the Gulf floor that is approx. 20 miles wide...according to his reliable inside sources. If it rises to the surface it can cause all boats to sink immediately, which is what happens in the Bermuda Triangle. Also, he said that the oil is blowing out at 100,000 lbs per sq inch and there is nothing to stop that type of pressure. There are also fissures on the ocean floor indicating the pressure could blow like a volcano, causing massive tidal waves. Any thoughts? That's all for now. Out of space

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
A few hours ago, on Coast to coast am, George Norry was talking to Richard C. Hoagland about the gulf oil disaster, and Richard reported that their is a 15-20 mile diameter circular area of the gulf floor around the deepwater horizon gusher that has been steadily and significantly rising. He speculated that this may be because of a buildup of gas, or perhaps magma. Is a volcano building in the gulf? He stated that the numbers were approximate, because they were taken with civilian GPS, which is intentionally not as accurate as military GPS. Does anybody else have any information related to this?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I have a feeling that this is the end... my only friend the end!!!!
Lets say something ignites this gas/oil. Does anyone know the properties or actions of the gas being released once it hits the surface? Who says there isn't a mass pocket of this stuff that is gonna blow?

The surface area that this is covering is huge. The sun is going to heat that water/oil. Hurricane season...wow

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Why not have some seafood from the gulf......Obama says its safe to eat

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildrhody

V. interesting, I've printed your post for future research. It's my belief there is an effort to deliberately orchestrate events to make it look like bible prophecy has come true so that the elite can get everything ready for their alien masters (the god of the bible and co) to come down and save the planet...remember the gods don't come until the world is on it's knees, you have to ensure the species is rendered totally helpless and vulnerable and desparate before banking on most of them trusting you.

Nearly every ancient text that promises the return of the gods tells you it won't be happening until the world has totally gone to S%^T. Ruination of the world oceans is a prophecy of revelations (the Hopi's too)and so many things would be kicked off by that leading to a total downward spiral of increasing war, famine, economic crash, disease, toxic rain, etc etc

[edit on 15/6/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I only wish to point out, no less then those that have shared your concern,

I want you to look at this!

Okay, just a little more insight, again take alook...
More events here compared from the past. Look and listen to the sinking of the gulf.

Pressure is just beginning to take place more so after 59 days,is why the recent shakes within the area, move again East towards GOM. More to come I'm certain, but further East.
I'm to a point if there is a slight change in that area, I'm again certain, there will be a shift within the floor of that Ocean bottem! Up or Down,left or right, not good!
Muddy Ugly one might say!
Must worst then it is now!

www.iris.edu...

Touch your cursor on the Red/yellow lines, history will be displayed.

Just a thought!

Jessemole!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I am really starting to think THEY ARE COMMING UP!!!!!!!!
Hope I am wrong, unless they are locust.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Bubble "many tens of feet tall" under well head: by Hoagland

I admit he gets excited .. .. and then he tells us why.

I have also found some holes in his theories on glass cities on distant spheres; ... but there is some very good stuff he comes along with as well, and in the long run I think he is really on the up and up ... and he does have contacts!!

There is a white paper coming out shortly, check his Facebook page!

Hoagland reports Gulf Bubble building: one of two

I would have put the video here, but what the heck is "the Video Number"?

The second part:
Hoagland reports on LARGE bubble under the well head in the Gulf

The under pinning of the well is going (away), the well is leaning ... quite a bit; there were two tar balls of one ton each found recently (Higgins blog -- lots of good videos there, as well).

Blog: of .. Alexander Higgins

WHY do they not stop spraying Corexit? WHY .. WHY ... WHY? Are they just criminal?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7

Your question here warrents a good answer..

WHY do they not stop spraying Corexit? WHY .. WHY ... WHY? Are they just criminal?

My exact same feeling's.

You could control the Blob of Tar balls to some extent, however, mixture of the poison being added.
One might ask, who is getting Rich as a result of this?

O-wait, it's coming to me, The Same Share Holders that profit from it!
I got it!

I pity them!

Be Wise!
Be Well!

Jesse!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Found this article from 2005, check out the picture in the article.
Basically a scientific explanation of how the Gulf of Mexico and the North Sea are hot beds of frozen Methane Hydrates and the dangers involved in drilling for this just recently realized new energy source.

This article completely hits the nail on what is front page right now, including the newest info on leaks in the North Sea rigs near Norway.

Propelled by the highest oil prices in a more than a decade, engineers in the Gulf of Mexico and the North Sea are extracting oil and natural gas in waters more than a kilometer deep — entering the zone where methane hydrate mingles with sediment and rock.

Normally, the pressure of hundreds of meters of water above keeps the frozen methane stable. But heat flowing from oil drilling and pipelines has the potential to slowly destabilize it, with possibly disastrous results: Melting hydrate might trigger underwater landslides as it decomposes.

www.sott.net...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Thank you for that link .. interesting.

Here is another report of a different kind of tsunami .. this is the volcanic view, where there is a bathysphere under the deposit (why it is such a rich deposit!)

Amplify the disaster to gain more control (of the disaster --er--)

Gulf of Mexico, Not Only oil leak, bathysphere action as well down the line ... 1 of 4 by Dr. Bill (?)
Dr Bill on Gulf oil spill 1 or 4 ... Esp. good at around @ 6:24

Thoughts:
Ocean floor rising by 13 ' per day .. for the last few months ... off Australia

Volcanic zone under the DWH ~Well, = possible super heated steam tsunami in the Gulf due to: Collapse of the sea floor: Due to water entering the oil chamber
20% of the oil production in the United States would be ruined by such an event.

Collapse of the sea floor = Super-heated Steam Tsunami, 80 - 200 feet high, and goes 400 = 600 mph --- If the water gets into the chamber of the oil, and then gets heated by the magma. The pressure of the water at 5000' is not the same as the pressure in the oil bubble 4 miles below it! I also wonder how the oil pressure goes from 100,000 psi to so much less! It may be that the opening is enlarged by flow erosion?

Also:
100's of millions of tons of methane hydrates ... could (?) flash to the surface.
Up to 2 years (longer?) to worry of these tsunami fears ... Methane or Steam powered
Gulf water supply ?? ruined by this? ... no evaporation from sea,
Changes the Ocean Conveyor.
Will show up in Conveyor for at least two years

Oil layer increases water temps, increases storm potential

We have 400% more lead in our bones due to the hydrocarbon culture~!

Makes you want to become a rural and grow grapes.

````````````````
Part 3 of 4 ----- Civil detention camps 30,000 people each ... Banks are the new gov? Military coup? .. ... First mention of this one.

Part 4 of 4 Monumental Incompetence .. driving minds hiding the the woodwork ..

Oh my
... well, I wondered where the gross inhumanity was coming from ... but outer space? .. not inner space? ... not righty, righty, righty, right here at home?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join