It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Figure standing over baby bassinet.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Last year when I was pregnant, my husband worked out of town alot. I stayed with my parents and when I was pregnant I would wake up and see this figure of a woman in all white standing over my babys bassinet. When I saw her I felt a sense of peace. I wasn't afraid, or nervous about her at all. It was very strange.

My question is, was she there for a reason? My parents house is new, built by the hands of my dad, if she were a restless spirit wouldn't she need a purpose for being there? Was she there to protect my unborn child? Any idea?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
wow was she looking at you when u saw her? thats really weird id prob be really freaked out. although i got a pretty good story like that. now my dad when he was very young (like 1st 2nd grade tops) was sick and his older bro slept with him to make sure hed be ok he woke up and saw a lighted man next to him. the man had long hair and a beird adn mustache but he wasnt scared and the man told him that hed be ok and other things that would happen and things. when he wok up he told his mom and she knew the doors were locked and everything so she thought he prob was just dreaming. a week later a friend of hers sent her a gift. it was a small painting of jesus. when my dad saw it he said "mommy thats him" she aske "who" and he responded "the man who was im my room when i was sick" she just froze in amazement.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
no she wasn't looking at me, she was looking at the basinett as though there was a child in it. It was scary at all. It was very comforting.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don`t know if real or not never seen anything but when my child was very young she would speak to people and describle them as if they were there and normal.Also my childs grandfather died before born.talks as if he was known previously,also our dog used to look at the ceiling in our bedroom and act as if something was there.It`s difficult to describle but we noticed a change in behaviour in both our child and dog which didn`t always happen.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
I don`t know if real or not never seen anything but when my child was very young she would speak to people and describle them as if they were there and normal.Also my childs grandfather died before born.talks as if he was known previously,also our dog used to look at the ceiling in our bedroom and act as if something was there.It`s difficult to describle but we noticed a change in behaviour in both our child and dog which didn`t always happen.

dogs and very young children dont have the fear of death, therfor they can see things our fear wont allow us to. following ? when we get older we develope a sence of fear over certain issues, and when it comes to spirit energy, our fear will stop a lot of it from being clear.

well at least i think so

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
and in reply to the thread topic....

when i sence a spirit energy/ soul/ whatever, i can ascertain almost immediately if the presence is good or bad. if its bad my breathing will suffer, heart rate go up and feel lightheaded, almost sick. thats because a bad energy will force itself on you. trying to break through your auric field.

on the other hand, good spirits can be fun. right away i will feel at ease and sometimes smile and laugh for very little known reason to me.

its almost as if the spirits state of mind and presence is imprinting on mine.

FASCINATING STUFF

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Shauny.
Thanxs but how come people who openly fear ghost or spirits still see them?.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
Shauny.
Thanxs but how come people who openly fear ghost or spirits still see them?.

i dont think people who fear such things are afraid 24/7. like every living moment. you will find that you will see more when u least expect it.

well thats what i gather.

maybe people are more intune with spirit energy than they realise.
opening the mind to such things is NOT easy, and takes courage, love (from others) and trust.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
When the firstborn came home from the hospital, on the second or third night I woke up abruptly and saw a male figure looking down into the bassinet. He smiled, then moved to the foot of my bed and smiled at me before fading out of sight. I described the man to my husband, and apparently it was my departed father-in-law who came to visit his new grandson.

I've heard a lot of stories about the departed and other friendly spirits making appearances during times of transition -- be it births or deaths. It's happened in my own family quite a bit, to the point where we don't look upon it as bizarre or wierd anymore. I think such things may be the real origin of "fairy godparents".

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
i agree 100%
departed loved ones who have already left us for the spiritworld DO keep a check on family.
my brothers wifes mother (sister inlaws mother) died, and the day before her passing i senced an army mans presance in my brothers house. i had no idea why. but it worked out that my sister and laws mothers father (following)? was an army corperal.

that was him being there, ready to welcome his daughter over to the spirit world.

in my view this is very common.
hard to beleive if u are not "that way in thinking"

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
yes most definitely you guys, spirits always give off an aura that describes their intent. whether it be good or bad. thats what makes a spirtit ''authentic.'' i would think this spirit dwelling over the babies crip must be some kind of fallen person that must have been deceased inside the hospital. very interesting story.

have you ever tried communicating with the ghost?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm not sure if you are asking me if I communicate with the ghost, but if you are then the answer is no. She hangs around quite a bit. I don't believe that it is a relative. No one close to me has died. When I'm downstairs I can hear her walk the halls upstairs, she opens and closes dresser drawers, she pulls the window shades up and down. She doesn't bother me, its just interesting listening to her when no one else is in the house.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Weirdo said,

"I don`t know if real or not never seen anything but when my child was very young she would speak to people and describle them as if they were there and normal.Also my childs grandfather died before born.talks as if he was known previously..."

I can identify with you when you speak about your child being able to discuss his/her grandfather as if they knew them. I had a similar experience. When I was around 3, my mother was bathing me and she told me about my Uncle Joe (who died in 1973....I was born in 80.) When she started to tell me, I apparently interupted her and began to tell HER about HIM. I also told her that I was with him when he died (horrible vehicle accident.) My mother told me later that I went into so much detail as to describe the wounds on his body and face. I remember this as well. I don't remember telling her all these things but I do recall very vividly being with my uncle when he died and I know it wasn't a dream because this memory hasn't changed over time as other memories and dreams tend to do. It gives me chills everytime I think about it. At any rate, I think I've heard of this phenomenais being called "pre-born spirit recall"

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You say that your father built the house, but maybe the spirit died somewhere around the house, or there was a house previously in that spot a long time ago.

I wouldnt be worried about your child's safety. This spirit probably was a grandmother or mother in her previous lifetime. Spirits are very much the same as they were when they were alive.

Theres a spirit in this old town near me, that is a little girl. She was an only child, and died on the oregon trail. She was very lonely during her lifetime because she had noone to play with, so at night, theres this tree that her spirit sits in and it waves to people who pass by and sings in a child-like voice.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I know there was never another house here. We live out in the middle of nowhere, on the cliff of a Rock Quarry. They used to harvest rock, but they hit a spring and it filled with water. I have heard stories of people dying and being buried across the water on the other side, but it was never confirmed. Back in the day the was the "party spot" I'm sure there were some accidents, but again, never confirmed. This woman was very peaceful. But she was very busy, always sounds like shes cleaning, opening and shutting everything. Could she be looking for something?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'd say that the woman has some connection to the baby(even though you might not know her) or go check the public records and find out if there was ever a house there. Possibly the quary master's house was on that land? I don't think that she seems to want to harm you, as she seems very maternal in your description of her. Always cleaning. Looking into the bassinet to check on the baby. She has a big smile when you catch her at it.

regs out...

(btw, I'm a mother too...That's my angel there as my avatar. Age 7 months in the pic, her b-day is 10/02/03. Her name is Amber Grace.)

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thanks, yeah I believe she's just perfect. She's crawling now and pulling herself up to stand. Pretty soon she'll be taking her first halting steps then, watch out world. That's my sweet baby girl...and I love her dearly and deeply.

regs out...

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I saw her again last night. I was going into my daughters room, and she was standing over the crib. The baby was not in the room, she was downstairs. I stopped in my tracks and just looked at her. I still wasn't scared of her, she seemed to just disappear into thin air. Might my eyes be playing tricks on me? I don't understand, she seems to be around more often now, I have seen her more in the last year than I have since my parents built the house.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It sounds like this spirit is quite active, have you thought about setting up a camcorder to try and catch it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join