It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am evil-I laughed about the oil spill!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

okay...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Total failure! Please, somebody imbed monty Pythons's "bright side of life"!
I haven't time to deal with You Tube!

I WAS gonna do it but then I got worried that you might call me "Spawn of Satan" again.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I am definitely evil then because I do not care one bit about the oil spill. I have other more important things to think about. I do not care about the planet and why should I?

I am on this earth once and will enjoy my life as best I can. I will accept no blame for the destruction of the earth by others and I do not care about things that are beyond my control. I really do not feel much for these events that seem to happen.

I do not makes jokes about any of the events like the oil spill, the earthquakes, 9/11 or anything. I don't find them funny because I would have to care in order to find it amusing. And i do not find peoples suffering amusing.

If it does not effect me directly in a way that impedes my life then I do not care. I will feel nothing towards it.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Why do "we" want to take the blame for things not under our control? Why are we so guilty about thing we didn't do?

Great question - don't have the answer though. I believe in "natural consequences" be them good/bad/neutral and in many cases, those depend solely on the choices, decisions and actions of people living their lives (a good example: The teen attempting to circumnavigate the globe, solo).

Laughing at disaster is not necessarily Evil ... in many cases, laughter is the response born of cynicism, or stress, or simply a mechanism we use to stay sane in what may appear to be an insane situation.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by C11H17N2NaO2S

If it doesn't directly effect you than why care? Well would you want others to help out if it ONLY effected you?

It would be a lie if you disagreed.

No offense but this is what is wrong with the world today. If it doesn't effect me directly than I do not care. Well when it effects you, you will expect others to care.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Thanks!
Evil religion mocker!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I do not accept your weak excuses!
Do as I bid!
I am evil, the number 667- next door neighbor to the Beast!

[edit on 11-6-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
nihilism is a nauseating philosophy.
second line.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

Which of these posts do you think show evidence of nihilism?
I haven't noticed any obvious nihilists in this thread.
Perhaps your comment was meant as a general observation or aspersion...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

This sounds like textbook nihilism to me, "Why do people insist that acting one way or the other would change anything about the spill, modern society, our use of oil, etc?" --Old Dragger

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

They could stop the spill in two weeks if they would use common sense .

Put a wedding ring on the pipe , give it two weeks , and it will stop puttin' out .

Uh oh , now I'm evil too ...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Even I can see your point. Does that make me evil. According to scripture
we are all evil and fall short, or miss the mark. Are you any more evil
because of this? Not by a far cry. So we all sin. It's what you do after or because you recognise that really matters . I believe. That's why no one is any better than anyone else. If you really feel something because of it
ask forgivness and repent of it.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This reminds me of the two minute silence we held at work after that massive tsunami some years ago. My co-worker decided to turn the tap on and held up a sign saying "Hey, it's damp here too." There were also whispers of "Yeah, I bet they (British holiday makers) went there to get away from excess water."

Some stifled laughter later and we were drawing horrendous looks from other colleagues. I don't care. I can comiserate that people have died in my own way in my own time, but if something is funny or ironic, you bet I'm going to laugh.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hi.

I'd like to switch perspective.

I think people are evil for trying to prevent you from being you. Whatever your reason was for laughter.

I once picked up someone who fell while riding a bike. It looked as if I saw it in a movie.
I offered the guy a hand while I was laughing my pants of and he actually got mad at me and still took the hand to get up.
Laughter stopped and I let him go before he was up.

Those people are just to uptight. Or better said intolerant for any other reaction as they think is suited.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm curious cause I never read it.... but there isn't some line in the bible that says,
Be weary for thou shall not laugh about the misery of others ?

How do you make a normal emotion a sin.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
I am an evil jerk, don't care about the Planet, love big oil...I should rot in hell!

Maybe so.

Anyways, there's an old saying: never take a dump in your own back yard. Until you've a planet of your own, perhaps you'd be so kind as not to do so in mine.

You've got to change your evil ways.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by There Once Was Man]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I ran across this and thought it was fitting.

Kill The Spill

BP CEO Tony Hayward needs your help to stop the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. Play "Kill The Spill" and give Hayward his life back.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
It doesn't take much to be considered evil these days. The thing is that anything has the potential to be funny as long as it's not happening to you. It's very easy to forget this when you are actually suffering it yourself. Then again, there are people that go out of their way to be offended even when they are not being affected directly by the jokes of others.

A family friend of mine was on the way to her mother's funeral, seated with her sisters. She suddenly burst out laughing because the car they were in and the atmosphere inside the car made her feel like she was riding in the Popemobile. At first her sisters were shocked, but when she explained it all they also suddenly burst out laughing. In that moment they felt more united and closer together than at any other time that day.

Sometimes all you can do is laugh.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Oh for cryin out loud, if you're gonna talk about the video, at least post it for us to see:

That was hilarious, the straw sucking, how can you not laugh at that?

I felt evil when I posted the "we con the world," video.

Now I feel guilty.

[edit on 073030p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

That link had a virus alert.

Was that the joke?

You are evil.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join