It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the line between politics and video games been crossed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Okay i'm opening this thread as i am concerned about the state of video games currently there have been a small number of games recently that deal with coming wars and pandemics around the world.

"Homefront" and "Deus Ex:Human Revolution" being rather worrying read on to see what i mean.

In 2005 we had "Mercenaries;Playground of Destruction"

This game on the old Playstation 2 and Xbox dealt with a US led invasion of North Korea with South Korea and China going to war alongside it.

In 2007 we had "Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare"

Which dealt with Russian ultra nationalists and islamic warlords and a nuclear missile crisis

In 2008 we had "Mercenaries 2:World in Flames"
Which yet again was led by a US controlled UN invasion of Venezuela and featured political meandering of oil supplies and nuclear warheads.

In 2009 we had "Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2"
Which dealt with a Russian invasion of the United States and a false flag terrorist attack on a russian airport which triggered it.. it involed a EMP attack on the east coast of the United States, It ended with hints of a mobilisation of an counter attack on Russia itself.

In 2011 we will have "Deus Ex:Human Revolution"
A game about transhumanism,illuminati,robotics,area 51,majestic 12,terrorists,civil unrest and police state. A lot like the original Deus Ex back in 2000. Also wanted posters of George W Bush for mass murder. It's set in 2027

www.gametrailers.com... (Trailer for Deus Ex)

Also in 2011 we will have "Homefront"

I would like to bring to your attention the game called "Homefront" about a resistance movement in the USA fighting against a Nuclear armed and asian super power North Korea which had conquered the USA a few years before.

www.gametrailers.com...

That is the trailer..

The reason i am posting this is to bring to your attention the hidden agenda within these games. When i started playing games i was 6 years old with the Sega Megadrive and PS1, i couldn't care less about story it was just pure fun.

As i started going through my teens especially post 9/11 i saw the change in attitude of video games they began to become more serious with realistic consequences.

Now in the past 3 years i've noticed a huge propaganda war against two countries.. North Korea and Russia in video games this really does cross the line.

The fact is that trailer not only promotes political agenda (the first 20 seconds prove that) but the death of a enemy of the USA(Kim Jong Il) and the rise of an asian Hitler(His son).

2010: A warship from S Korea is sunken by a NK torpedo
2011: N Korea builds up it's military
2012: Kim Jong Il dies his son comes to power and promises a unification
2013: A unified Korea
2015: Oil hits $20 a litre, mass civil unrest
2017: USA "tactically" retreats from the Asian theatre
2018: Japan surrenders under threat of a massive army, it joins the Greater Korean Federation, Martial law in effect in the USA..excessive force authorised
2022: US economy completely collapses
2024: Korean annexation of it's neighbours and near neighbours continues without resistance...Korea launches communication satellite for a peaceful message to the world, it uses an EMP to shut down ALL USA electronics.. Korean special forces sieze Hawaii.. Korean military conquers San Francisco.. US military scattered..
2027: Events of the game commence which is coincidentally the same year as Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Is it just me or are games becoming to worrying and political?
The fact there is clearly an agenda here for warmongering against the North Koreans and including the warship sinking disaster as entertainment!

maybe it's just me noticing this worrying trend.

Sorry for the wall of text. I needed to express my concerns with what is happening.

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Its called propaganda.. To brainwash and desensitize the masses to support war so the politicians and corporations can keep profiting from murder.. By making people think its all just a game..

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I recently purchased and played the new western game Red dead redemption.

All the time you hear characters in the game saying;

The railroad company is a front for the Jews.

In these times conspiracy stuff sells great, remember the recent Nokia viral project?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and how about the Tom Clancy games?

If it sells it will be build, the original Deus Ex was a good example.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Let's face it, plumbers climbing ladders and saving princesses from giant barrel throwing monkeys just won't cut it anymore. People want more realistic games.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

I heard that not to mention the anti obama sentiment

"change is only good when it actually means something" -When John takes a tour of bonnies ranch

"there's no such thing as change" - A political leader in blackwater

"Change is a tool for the diseased" - unknown man in blackwater

tThere is a hell of a lot more in it as well.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Yes that is true but it is worrying all these years of warfare training have taken their toll on myself and many millions worldwide most of us now know how to fire guns,reload and strip them.

In "Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots" Snake asks his advisor about it and she goes into detail about the agenda behind video games it is VR training for young men to join the military and shoot people or be the 2nd line of defence by being conscripted/drafted...giving flashbacks to many games people from the 1990's to the present had played from none realistic to so realistic that you have to learn in game about stripping rifles.

It's getting more political in random missions you hear people go on about how the government is watching us and how the people will never rise up without a leader.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It's an interesting set of connections I will agree.

However, we do see the same sorts of things in movies and television as well.

The entire entertainment industry was built in order to push specific ideologies forward. They are the "governing" body of pop culture and societal norms in general.

Propaganda is propaganda is propaganda I guess.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think its just a reflection of "popular culture".

If you've been playing video games since before 2005 you might understand what I'm talking about.

I've been playing video games since Atari in 1985. I think as gaming technology has evolved so have the storylines, but if you look back at many classic NES and SNES games you will see typically the same theme just without the elaborate storylines you see in todays games.

They just play off of popular ideas. Kind of like movies.

The problem starts when people read way too much into, and then we have "OMG Call of Duty 7 predicts the end of the world" threads.

There was a illuminati end of the world message encoded in my bazooka joe comic strip. That guy knows all the answers and they are trying to silence him. I'll make a thread about it later.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

I never played those type of games but i know where your coming from..but the question is do you think that it's "right"?

To know your virtually killing another countries soldiers and ripping that person from their families?

I know the COD children who scream "Boom! headshot! lololololol" or "OMFG U H4X!" they don't care because they think it's awesome and the military is drilled into their heads.

Back on the PS1 i enjoyed all sorts then when it went to the PS2 i enjoyed more combat oritented games like "Ace Combat" series but at least that hid their political ambitions..

Yuktobania=Russia
Osea=USA
Northpoint=UK
Belka=Germany
it goes on and on.

Games are getting to such a point visually that when you kill a NPC it "feels" real such as on "Modern Warfare 2" at the Airport level where you open fire on hundreds of civilians or stab the soldier through the heart and watch his last breath and muscle spasms.

"Ghost Recon:Future Soldier" is showing off the USA's new prototype weapons off to the world such as Optical camouflage,titanium rocket packs and the like

Something seriously messed up going on behind the scenes i think.. i still find it as good entertainment but it's clear to see there is something going on behind the scenes.

Anyone that says otherwise clearly doesn't listen to the game's characters and looks at the surroundings not to mention completley unaware of whats really going on.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I've been playing since 1995 first on megadrive then onto the PS1,PS2,PS3 as well as PC for RTS games, RPG games and MMO's.

I know about the popular culture routine it's been used a number of time it most likely is just that but to capitalise on an actual sinking of a warship is crossing the line between semi relaity and reality.

I don't read into it i'm just naturally observant and noticed this type of thing as the years went by.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I agree

Since the start of 2009 there has been signs of aliens,transhumanism and wars in pretty much every mainstream advertisement,movie,video game,music video and music/tv awards.

The Deus Ex:Human Revolution trailer was also interesting because if you watch the part where the CEO of the Main transhumanist company is speaking to the protagonist and looking down on the rioters in detroit below him he speaks about

"These people in the shadows cannot stop the future" makes you wonder what he is referring to.. the Illuminati in the game or real world conspiracy theorists the ones that are rioting in the streets below.

I do believe something is up behind the scenes though can't shake the feeling but what sickens me is that they are using actual capitalisation of a recent warship sinking to promote a video game and calling for the death of both a current leader(Kim Jong Il) capture of a former leader for mass murder (George.W.Bush)

new topics

top topics

join