It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three dogs dead in one day?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
PLease this break my heart!

seclude dogs do not let them roam until this is concluded! All dogs need to be individual walked and so forth....food supply need to be monitored, people water, etc etc dogs are treated as individuals, and this is why 1 dog at a time!

Be careful I think poison is the culprit....

makes me sick and very very sad that a person could do such a thing.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S
reply to post by assasinforfather

I hate dogs.

what have a dog do upon you that is bad? dogs are OK it is owners that turn them mean...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I think if you call the local animal shelter, they will investigate the cause of death. I'm pretty sure they have to for public safety reasons if the animal doesn't show any signs of external reasons.

Sorry to hear this though.

Best of luck, and keep us updated.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Two puppies and one adult dog showed up dead. No evidence of violence, only something internal.

They showed up dead like someone waking up dead right?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

As many people have replied we need more info. I too am in the semi-country & I will cry like a baby when my babies go.

Not that anyone claims to be a on-line vet here on ATS but for the most part we feel your pain.
It is tick season, we have about 1 fenced in acre & the bug guys comes & sprays the yard near the end of spring.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by 5 oClock]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Do you control your dogs' water source?

Yes, I have a large tin that I change daily.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

So sorry to hear about your loss.

Thank You

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

I found two in the front of the house, one under the bushes and one against the fence. The third one I found out back by the shed and carport. They were just fine the day before, no symptoms and came to their feeding as usual. Also, one of my dogs, Red, suffered a snake bite and lives now with signs of complete recovery, but the dead dogs showed no sign of a snake bite or any external injury. This is a mystery.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Thank you for reply. Everything checks out. No leaks and no spillage. No canaster of any kind containing anti-freeze.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

That is so horrible. I sure hope that is not the case here. I haven't pissed of any neighbors and they are not exposed to parvo and such.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
My condolences, I too am owned by 3 dogs. I hope the local vet or shelter will help you find out if they were poisoned and by what. If they could test even one of the dogs, it would likely be the same for the other two. Is there any animal advocates in the area, they may help pay for testing.

I can't, already barried them and don't have the heart to unearth them. If it happens again, even just one I will check into it. Thank you!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Poison sounds very likely here, although the members who cited Parvo are also with merit.

Watch your remaining dogs. If they show signs of sickness, isolate them from the others and provide spoonfulls (no more than an ounce) of water every half hour. Get a doasge a Parvaid and some ampicillian, follow the directions for Parvaid and give a quarter of an ampicillian tab 4 times a day (You'll have to bollus it the first 2 days or so, then when the pup's appetite is back place it in a tiny bit of burger meat.)

I brought back two blue heeler pups from Parvo, one who was close to dying, almost 20 years ago now. At that time, I didn't need a presription or vet trip for either medicine... but these days you may. So this advice may not be worth a hill of beans if you cannot afford a vet trip.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Maybe it's a virus and you should get the other dogs checked out.

The others, so far show not change in behavior or appetite. I am watching them more closely though.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tappy
I appreciate you say you dont' have money for research but I know that here in the UK there is a scheme called PDSA which gives help with vet bills for people who can't afford it. Is there such a thing where you live?

Were there any symptoms that you noticed? Did all the dogs die at the same time? I'm wondering if it could be something like distempter - are the dogs inoculated?

How old were the dog and puppies? If the puppies were really young it may be just that they were weak and couldn't survive, but that wouldn't explain the adult dog.

If it's not too hard to talk about, could you explain a little more about the circumstances- where they were found, etc?

Hope you find answers soon, it must be terrible to have something like this happen and not know why.

No, we don't have government pet care, chuckle, if you bring you pet even to an emergency room, they immediately request a large down payment or they will not give the animal care.

There are rumors of poisoning by one of the neighbors. I wouldn't even know the first thing to do to investigate this.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Sounds like possible poisioning of some kind? Chocolate laying around?

Maybe they drank antifreeze by accident? Where they in the garage?

Please don't let your dogs wander, keep a good eye on them.

It might be worth it taking one of them to the vet to see what happened, at least it would give you peace of mind, some kind of closure and could help you save the other ones.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
You say you live in the Country. I get that you do no keep the dogs in a fenced area; that they are free to roam?

It does seem that they were poisoned. Not necessarily deliberately.
People throw bad stuff in the garbage. They likely got into it. And yes, rat poison is a common thing for dogs to get into. People who put the poison out for rats do not figure on on dogs coming around and getting into it.

On the other hand if your dogs were regularily getting into their garbage they may have just gottem fed up with picking up garbage strewn all over their yard and "spiked" it with rat poison.

Sorry for your loss, but if you love your dogs - keep them in a secure fenced area.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen

Please go over all food source, what you feed them save dry food bags for later study, water everything, rat poison can they get into that? Look for any anomaly.....do not let dogs out without YOUR supervision. also rake yard i think you say comb yard for evidence of poison,,,

This is horrible can we have more information? I think could be poison not sure yet and never a conclusion OK

very sorry for this loss

Thank you and yes poison is humming in the air. there is talk of it. I am not sure though. My dogs have never attacked anyone. the entire 10 acres are fenced in save the entrance and is two blocks from the main road. A low populated area. Dogs are the norm out here.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by matilda
This is a common thing where im from. Usually criminals poison dogs just before they decide to rob your home, so be on the lookout for that

Wow, that never even crossed my mind. Never have had a proplem with robberies, but doesn't mean it couldn't happen. I just replace my outdoor lights, they had been out for a while. Also, suffecient weapons to deter any would be robber. This is Texas, gotta protect it.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

OhZone, very good advice to assasin!

People out there that decide to "own" share their lives with any creatures, need to take full responsiblity.

Anyone Inviting any animal to share your life with you means you should be supervising them just like you would a small toddler.

-Don't let them just roam.
-Please spade/neuter your pet, we kill millions upon millions of dogs and cats each year due to "not enough homes".
-Take your companion to a vet once a year at least (if a senior citizen you need to make a budget to see the vet twice a year).
- Don't leave your dog or cat in a garage, with antifreeze available - it's sweet and they like the taste. Just a little will kill them.
- Chocolate is poisionious to dogs. Only give your companion what the vet has approved, human food is for us not them. (One exception/Friday night pizza 1 slice
)
-If you have a cat, please don't throw them out the door at night, they need to be protected and safe in the house. They can get hit by cars, pick up diseases, even lifted by predatory birds or savagely eaten alive by coyotes in rural areas. Also there are real crazy mean people out there that do horrible things to animals left alone, unprotected.

I'm really sorry for assasinforfather's loss, however this incident is all too common for animals that are left to roam.

This tradegy could have been prevented.

Hopefully assasinforfather will have learned something from this tradegy and keep a closer eye out on what his companions ingest and walk with them vs letting them roam.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e901b913e6ed.gif[/atsimg]

With intellegence and power comes responsiblity.

And remember, humans are suppose to be the smarter species, so it's up to us to protect our nonhuman companions as best we can.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by assasinforfather

Originally posted by tappy
I appreciate you say you dont' have money for research but I know that here in the UK there is a scheme called PDSA which gives help with vet bills for people who can't afford it. Is there such a thing where you live?

Were there any symptoms that you noticed? Did all the dogs die at the same time? I'm wondering if it could be something like distempter - are the dogs inoculated?

How old were the dog and puppies? If the puppies were really young it may be just that they were weak and couldn't survive, but that wouldn't explain the adult dog.

If it's not too hard to talk about, could you explain a little more about the circumstances- where they were found, etc?

Hope you find answers soon, it must be terrible to have something like this happen and not know why.

No, we don't have government pet care, chuckle, if you bring you pet even to an emergency room, they immediately request a large down payment or they will not give the animal care.

There are rumors of poisoning by one of the neighbors. I wouldn't even know the first thing to do to investigate this.

its not government pet care its a charity , also maybe report this to your environmental health officer , he may help....public health etc

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join