It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Israeli Commandos Executing Helpless Flotilla Humanitarian

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Is it an M-16 or an Israeli Tavor the commando is armed with?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Both AK-47 and M16 rounds would qualify as low-power hunting rounds in the U.S. and

neither has as much recoil force

as even a moderate U.S. hunting rifle (e.g. a rifle chambered in .270 Winchester)..
en.wikipedia.org...

So neither an AK-47 nor an M-16 would have a lot of recoil.

Not sure about the Israeli Tavor.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by slank]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

Are you talking about the vid that Atomzero posted?

It's a shotgun. probably a Remington 870. you can see the guy putting shells in it.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank

Both AK-47 and M16 rounds would qualify as low-power hunting rounds in the U.S. and

neither has as much recoil force

as even a moderate U.S. hunting rifle (e.g. a rifle chambered in .270 Winchester)..
en.wikipedia.org...

Not sure about the Israeli Tavor.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by slank]

Its neither.

You can tell from the lack of magazine.

Its a shotgun, this has already been said numerous times. Also the lack of any muzzle flash shows it wasn't fired.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by At0mZer0
That's the new israeli bullpup.
The mag is all the way back in the armpit of the guy behind the firing mechanism.

You need to stop being a hater.
Just stop it, OK
It's a shotgun, an Ironridge shot gun.
No muzzle flash.
Just stop being a hater, it's really messing with your mind.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Violater1]

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
It's something like this:
www.dreadgazebo.com...
A shotgun.
edit; It's one of the shotguns used by the IDF:
www.isayeret.com...
Probably the remington 870.
[edit on 11-6-2010 by Point of No Return]

Great find.
That's one sexy shotgun. Looks a lot better than the IRS one's as well.
Too bad they were discontinued.
Although, a Blackhawk carriage, and forward grip w/rail, would still look good. Especially with and EoTech 552 and green Lasermax laser.
Aye co-rumba, that would be sweet!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Well my gun knowledge originates mostly from watching movies and playing Call of Duty, lol.

In my country, guns are illegal, well you can get a permit, but it's a hassle.

I have to stick to air rifles, bows and crossbows.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Well my gun knowledge originates mostly from watching movies and playing Call of Duty, lol.
In my country, guns are illegal, well you can get a permit, but it's a hassle.
I have to stick to air rifles, bows and crossbows.

Oh man I'm sorry.
Where do you live?
In Modern warfare II, I'm Sunsetpete.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

In Holland.

I don't play anymore, I kinda got bored with the whole gaming thing, and then, my xbox broke(surprise) for the 2nd time and I still haven't sent it back so.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

reply to post by slank

Are you talking about the vid that Atomzero posted?

It's a shotgun. probably a Remington 870. you can see the guy putting shells in it.

I'd say you're correct with it being the Remington 870, looks like the MCS version since it appears to have a pistol grip. I'm now curious as to what it's ammunition was since the victim still had a head.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

Exactly, had the soldier fired at the guy laying at his feet, he wouldn't have a head left, at least not 4 bulletholes in it.

In that vid the gun wasn't fired, no flash, no recoil.

I think the man was also supposedly shot with 4 9mm bullets to the head and one in the chest, so that rules out that the guy in this footage did it.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank

I happen to disagree with the Wikipedia article, which probably confused AK-74 and AK-47. The AK-74 is chambered for 5.45mm round which is light and indeed does not have lots of recoil. The AK-47 fires a much larger 7.62mm rounds, has lots of penetrating power and quite some kick (it can really feel brutal). I've fired both, and the difference is amazing.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It's actually one of the paintball guns used from what I've seen and analyzed.
It's a military grade paintball gun, very different from the ones you use to play with- This one is used to scatter crowds and such..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c3b98ea7b2d.jpg[/atsimg]
I found this by doing a google image search for military paintball gun.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5911450de8d1.jpg[/atsimg]
Notice the long barrel, this is not found on m16 as the barrel gets hot and thus is covered, but paintball guns don't get hot, so the barrel is exposed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b2903d852cf.jpg[/atsimg]
You can see that both guns have no magazines, neither on the front or the end.

Also most police model pepper ball guns have a shiny barrel like that, because they WANT it to be seen, so that they hopefully don't have to put it to use.

Further more one can clearly see this is not an AK, definitely not a Tavor, this most resembles an M16, with no magazine, a long barrel with no cover and sights, and a flashlight stuck on the top using what seems to be... Rubber bands?
So this couldn't have been an M16.

And yeah, there's no flash, no recoil, nothing...

I was also very disturbed by this, and had to watch it many times to analyze this info.
You might think that all Israelis are crazy gun toting Arab hating Jews that can't wait to lie and spin about their country's crimes, but that is not the case.
I will admit that I found it hard to believe, and thus looked very closely into the details.

Hope this clears it up, or at least some of it...
With respect,
Eliad.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

True.
Also you guys have to realize- This "light" recoil you mention, it's not so light at all.
Anyone who has fired a gun knows this.. Even 5.56.
If he had shot this gun, you would have seen it jump. It's a sudden movement, and you can't suppress it when standing up no matter how hard you try.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm just sick and tired of this whole Israeli / Palestinian thing. I have no sympathy for those helpless peace activists that just happen to be armed to the teeth with knives, machetes, and other such non-lethal weapons. Who knows how much humanitarian aid vs. war materiel is on those ships? And instead of defending its actions, Israel just counters with its own propaganda.

Why do the U.S. and Israel have to play by rules that don't apply to anyone else in the world? Why do the U.S. and Israel think they have to hide how closely they are allied in the never-ending war on Muslim extremist terrorism? Why is there so much corruption in the war on terror? Why are Western liberals and Middle Eastern Muslims (who are anything but liberal) so closely allied? None of it makes sense to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

It's actually one of the paintball guns used from what I've seen and analyzed. It's a military grade paintball gun, very different from the ones you use to play with- This one is used to scatter crowds and such..

No it's not, the weapon in the vid is a shotgun.

This paint ball gun isn't militairy grade either, just a commercial paintball gun you can buy everywhere.

You have to put in the paintball from the top side of the gun.

In the vid you can clearly see the guys putting a white shotgun shell in the gun from the underside, like with a shotgun, he then cocks it like a shotgun and puts another shell in the tube.

White shells are probably rubber balls.

Also watch the stock of the paint gun and compare it to the stock above the soldiers hand in your 2nd pic.

Different gun, like I said earlier, the guy had a shotgun, probably a Remington 870.

Compare the part of the stock above the soldiers hand with the pics below, you'll see they match.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/270ebbbe93ce.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
i realy can not make out whats in the video but it's all sorted out now because our zionist lap dog, Tony Blair has brokered a fantastic deal with his pay masters and in return for dropping all changes against iserail will now allow chocklate in to the gaza strip.

F@uck Tony your such a good leader i don't know why you ever left us.

Iserail has drawn first blood aganist NATO and they did the same to the emerican 30 years ago with the sinking of the liberty but we won't take 30 years to right the wrong even with dicks like Tony Blair trying to call the shoots.

Maybe we need a few more oil wells blowing up to draw our attention away from iserail and maybe the euro going down is nothing more than the international bankers waring europe it's not happy that they allowed the aid ships to leave these shores but i suspect these incidents are related in some way.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Yeah you're right..
I see what you mean now..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join