It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Generation - Prepare to be amazed - *Video*

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

she is good

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
That was amazing, art at its finest, a deep message that reflects the poem in a way I've never seen before, I would like to meet the person that wrote that, pure genius

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
What a brave girl to get up in front of the UN to speak out against social and economic injustice, (even though I bet she had a lot of coaching and help to write it)... but then I realized, it's the UN. What a waste of time preaching to the choir, (and they can't even sing in key together anyway).

So anyway, how do you bring humanitarian aid to a country who's gangs/militias kill and steal the supplies we already try to bring in, (gangs who's front line of 'soldiers' are children with guns younger than her)? Do we try to talk/reason with them? Or should we go in and capture the country first to bring peace? Oh wait, those worked really well in Somolia the last time, right? Rationality and deplomacy only works with those who are rational and diplomatic.

And really, how do we reign in the corporate monsters we've allowed to run loose? The ones who really call the shots? Take em all down like Enron? Oh wait, we had very little idea what was going on until Enron imploded from unsustainability, a precursor to the economic times we live in right now. Implosion after implosion after implosion, ad nauseum. We still have no aggressive federal watchdogs with teeth sniffing these monsters down and exposing them. We wait until after something happens because we've learned nothing, and then it's too late. We get the gov't we deserve, and so does the world.

A future for our children? I think we may have to all implode on ourselves before things get better... if mother nature/Earth doesn't wipe us out first.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
what great videos, i notice the girl at the UN was in 1992, i guess then you could say they took no notice

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AllinTheMind89

Your welcome I am please that you and so many others got the chance to see it before it is lost in the ether of discarded threads. Gald you liked it.

Peace FSF

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by G_man

No worries, I am pleased thsat you watched the videos and took something from them. Now we have to convince another 6.3 billion to look at it and we are laughing all the way to utopia.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by LestatG
Firstly I would like to say that I was impressed by the poem and the reversal, it worked well. The girl at the U.N. was also interesting but considering its age I take it what she said was ignored and is irrelevant as nothing has changed, or even declined.

However, on the poem video. It looks like it was sponsored by a company called A.A.R.P. American Association of Retired Persons. Insurance company and one of the biggest lobbying groups in the states - seems a bit strange that they would sponsor somthing like this - hidden agenda maybe?

Yes or No it was a nice message, thanks

kind of like banks advertising how much they care about you and want you to be debt free? that kind of ironic?

Well I am familiar with the bank industry and I can tell you this for free, the only thing they care about is making more money and with that money owning more slices of the pie. It is sickening to watch peoples livelyhoods go down the drain because of the way banks/cartels operate.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the vids OP.
S&F.

The first video should be played at the beginning of every news cast, networks, cable, radio. The second video (just beautiful) should be played at the end of said news cast.

I can only imagine how rapidly the world may awaken if this were done. Oh that's right, the media are controlled by those whom want to keep us down and out.

Thanks again, started my weekend off nicely!!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
As brave and impressive as this speech was as well as others similiar to this, I still think it's a lost cause. No matter how many times you try to warn a fool, they will never listen. In my opinion God sees everything and His plan is perfect. He is the only one with the solution to these problems and no problem is too great for Him. Patience and faith...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

While I respect what this young girl did standing up for what she believes in, none of it matters. None of it will ever matter. People could release videos like these on a daily basis and speak against what the higher ups are doing to this world. Nothing is going to change. The same greedy ***holes that were born into wealth will never share with the starving. Wars will still be of higher concern than everything else. And BP will NOT make this right because ...they just want their life back right? It's a damn shame that people act this way.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by AndrewJay]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Not to be a downer but obviously this girl hasn't worked very long, been married yet or have any children.
She will discover that you will get fired if you stay home with your sick child.
She will discover that the electric company will turn off your electricity if you don't pay your bill, even if you small children at home.
She will discover that life is full of compromises and that to survive in today's economy you must sacrifice many things, including your dreams sometimes.
By the time she has worked long enough to reach retirement she will discover that her 401k is only worth half of what she though due to a "market downturn"
Her children will go off to die in foreign wars just like ours did.
How do I know?
She's just like us. We were all young and optimistic once but reality has beaten us down time and again. Capitalism is a disease that rewards those who lie best.
There is a slim chance that she will get the world she dreams about but that WILL NEVER HAPPEN WITHOUT SACRIFICE.
When the people are downtrodden enough and can bear no more, preffering death to living under tyranny, then those sacrifices will be made.
Until then this is just lollipops and rainbows and sad naivete.
I am truly sorry we couldn;t leave a better world for you to grow up in.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The first video's essay is simply "wow". I've never encountered such a creative passage. The message was brilliant in form and message.

The second video made me tear up. A child's innocence gets me every time. Life is not as simple as she makes it out to be but it also doesn't have to be as complicated as some "adults" claim.

I might not be able to change to the world but I do have control of my own life. At the end of the day, we all have to ask ourselves, "Did I do everything I could to make the world a better place?"

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Reminds me of John Titor and how he said how the young people of his time would hate the people from our time.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Maybe i'm cynical but when I watched the forst video I said Bah Humbug. After watching the second video all I have to suggest to that girl is if you want to help the earth then commit suicide. Its the best thing the younger generation can do right now as over population is our biggest problem. If you dont think itss our biggest problem your fooling yourself as it condributes to every other problem and you cant reverse once its here. Hell just try telling people they have to limit number of children they have and you will have a riot!

Anyway this is just one optimists thoughts and I am an optimist.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
just finished watching that second video you added, and i want to applaude this young girl for standing up and telling them how it should be.too bad they sat there nodded thier heads through the whole speach and resumed business as usual right after she walked out....

~meathead

edit changed there to thier...

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Mike Stivic]

For those that don't know, the young girl in the second video is David Suzuki's daughter.

For those who don't know David Suzuki, he is a Canadian environmentalist and host of "The Nature of Things" and generally speaking, those who don't love him, still like him.

david suzuki 1
david suzuki wiki

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDarlingFace

Hi I will explain myself. We are not guilty of causing our current situation.

We are only responsible that it got to this point. At the time changes take place they are uaually regarded as a good thing. The difference of then and now is that we can actually say no, up to a certain point that is.

We are aware of things our parents and grandparents didn't even knew about or way to late.

Don't worry I'm calm.

[edit on 6/12/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Hi.

I got it for a while now, thanks anyway.

Why do people destroy their habitat ?
Next to a spiritual extra terrestrial there is also a natural posibility.

Spiritual : Evil in one form or another makes us do it.

Extra terrestrial : Maybe we truly are a slave race and are supposed to work instead of developing. Maybe we are to much of a violent race to live next to in space and other races are trying to prevent us from going interstellar.

Natural : Prey animals will ( when their predators dissapear ) copulate like bunnies. Just like bunnies we will then consume our resources untill it is all gone. The only difference is that we as a species have ouselves created a reality where we are no longer a prey by removing our predators and coorporating with each other to stay save.
So... Our prey side is going mental consuming everything and our predator side makes us cold harded killer.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

ha, i was just thinking they should take back the one they gave to obama and give it to her.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I found a site of the girl and what she does know.

Here you go : Link.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I heard she is a striper that drives a big truck and takes money from little children.... ohh and she like to kill puppies.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join